is it just me or more and more people buying replica crap.. my god like, i think im gonna bring in replica crap seen that it seems to always sell.. here me and others are struggling to sell our used or even new proper genuine stuff.. i just don;t get it, what to avoid paying an extra £10-£30..

ah i don't know, its late, im tired.. and pissed off.. lol

how does anyone that is selling the genuine stuff feel about this, and seen the rep crap getting bought as quick as ya can say WTF!

Edited by Rock-Kick-Ass
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha!.. It's cheap and easy and some people don't care for the real quality. I can understand it to some degree.. But when it comes down to the real quality items.. It's so much better to just spend that little. It's bad now that people post.. Ohh JDM goodies.. And you open it to see rota grids and a copy TRD rad cap off eBay..

I love rate genuine items... I get all impulse buy when I see them too. The fact of it all comes down to price. People just don't want to pay the money for genuine when they can get replica for a shade of the price.

I personally would never buy fake parts but I think a big factor that puts people off buying genuine parts is the price some people try and sell them at. they arnt actually that expensive when you know wer look.. just using a rad cap as an example fake trd rad cap on ebay 12 pounds genuine trd rad cap from rhd 16 including postage from Japan I know what I'd rather go for lol

Edited by Whitenoize

Surely it depends on what you're buying. If it's purely 'the look' and has no functionality at all, like a cooling slam panel, then does it really matter? What pay £100 when a £25 one does exactly the same thing.

It's iritating that some genuine parts can be surrounded by fakes, this just makes it hard to find.

It's about safety as well as the price but a lot of people don't think that way everybody wants more for their cash which is understandable but I say if your buying a jap car it's more exciting and fulfilling finding those gems that make it different or what nobody else has to who were buying these cars 5 years ago has stubbed into a different market and with the economy plummet people are not willing to stretch much cash for things including me sometimes.

Ive had expensive car parts wheels/coilovers/interior bits etc... the price of rare or genuine parts seem dear but it is as there genuine parts not reps my biggest fear is car been stolen and burnt out and losing all that money i put into it even though all the parts fitted are decleared but the insurance dont see them for there full value.. some people just would rather spend less to save a few pound

depends what it is i guess.

there is a rather large grey area where a boosted ct9 manifold is some random guy in his garage, versus a sard manifold.

I know id rather have the boosted/zisco/wepr/Mr.Fab items in my engine bay over the sard junk.

Rad caps/oil caps im happy with a stock item really.

Chinese ceramic bb turbos.... arent for me.

Rotas.... arent for me

d1 spec wheel nuts arent for me either.

Ill insert a pic i took yesterday from a tgtt mini meet yesterday to add weight to the d1 spec issue.

and yes this is my ugly thumb :)

no air gun involved.

E8CBCF0D-A003-48E7-B4F0-B8F95091C233.jpg

Phil

Edited by Phil

If it's just bling/ accessories then I'm not really too bothered providing they look somehwat like the real part.

However what I don't get is people that buy fake suspension components, fake harnesses, fake seats etc. Things that hold your car together, things that hold you in that car. Some people clearly don't care about their safety or anyone else who may be travelling in the vehicle at the same time.

I know I certainly wouldn't want to be sat in a fake bride with fake takata harnesses never knowing what might happen in the event of an accident, and I certainly wouldn't want to put that on any passengers I may have in the car, regardless of whether they look similar and gain you JDM scene points.

The same goes for things like wastegates, after spending thousands on a forged engine for example, why then scrimp and buy a cheap chinese ebay tosh that never gets QC'd or fits any standards for it to blow to shit.

If you can't afford to buy the real deal, then don't buy anything at all!

Edited by AdamB

Ive had expensive car parts wheels/coilovers/interior bits etc... the price of rare or genuine parts seem dear but it is as there genuine parts not reps my biggest fear is car been stolen and burnt out and losing all that money i put into it even though all the parts fitted are decleared but the insurance dont see them for there full value.. some people just would rather spend less to save a few pound

thats why i stripped my car of aaal its goodies and cruise around in NA form no value in her to be robbed atm parts wont be going on till i have a shed again

to the op i think most dont know /can tell the diff. in rep or genuine ?? i somethimes get confused to

Fuck me, that's worrying Phil.

Seen that happen a few times.

damn phil your going to have to lay off the wheatabix,

That was a fella Nistarbo (Anthony) from TGTT, must have been stuck on too tight, no doubt, but he did that by hand with your normal wheel wrench.

he is a big fella but you'd need to be a machine to destroy a steel wheel nut.

Phil

lad selling this gun metal grey glanza in ireland, very nice car, as far as im aware the kit, is livesports rear spoiler, jam side skirts, vented wings, etc, all replica shite.. im not sure its stated in his add they are reps nor he saying they are genuine, i hate that shit, i personally like to buy genuine kitted cars if they are nice of course,

seems that some buy the rep wings then come to sell car, they like genuine this or that, unless its livesports, but the jam stuff, its easy fooled..and pisses me off that i spent a fortune buying these genuine parts, and when to try sell them people wanna offer you the price of replica ones for your genuine ones.. like wtf!

oh i swear, think i might just stop bringing stuff in, getting offered rota style prices for my gram lights for fuck sake..