• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried to read this whole thread but dialup isn't coping with all the pics.

The ones that did load looked awesome.

Is this thing road legal?

Thanks Mate :) Sod viewing this with dial up! :D Bad enough reading it on broadband, the amount of pics i post up are nuts!!!!!! As Steve has said it will be road legal, needs a IVA test and once approved there are some forms to fill in at my local DVLA office then in theory i just need to wait till they asign me a registration. Little way off of that yet though!

I wish this was in Brisbane so i can drool all over it. Awesome quality work, you certainly havent cut any corners with this build. You could enter it in the [ROC] Race of Champions, it wouldnt be out of place. You have inspired me to buy a welder.

I wish i was in Brisbane too! I could pretty much use this every day then, not just the 2 days a year we get sun over here B) I love the buggy's they use in the ROC, i have a feeling they might be quicker though?

that thing is gunna fucking fly !!!!!!!!!!!

Yes! Yes it will :)

Is it me or is there more people viewing this now and taking time to comment on it? Really happy you guys seem to love this build, makes me motivated to finish it and means i must be doing something right. Once again thanks for all the great comments.

Jason :D

yeah theres deffo more interest in it now lol its not just jason posts an update steve comments a lot another update another comment from me etc etc haha

LOL Although that still happens quite a bit Steve.

Forgot to add i have a new ECU as well now, just the standard jobby but i have one! Now im really sorry to whoever i bought the ECU from. I can't remember your user name and i have now deleted the text messages so i can't even ask you? The guy was so helpfull and i promised to leave him good feedback but i can't remember your name, :)

I have a huge list of parts that i will be shortly needing if im going to continue working hard. Hopefully crimbo should see me with a bit of money so next week will be fun ordering lots of parts, sort of like another christmas :)

Just been told that Sarah will be working monday and tuesday next week and monday the following week. These are bank holidays so i am off work, but as she is going to work i will go in as well and spend a whole 3 days working on the Demon! Fingers crossed i should have another good update :D

• 2 weeks later...

*** Update Time ***

Well about time i added an update i guess, got to keep Steve off my back ^_^

Chrsitmas over and done with so i was straight back to work, Well monday and tuesday i had off work but as the girlfriend was working i decided to go into wotk and crack on with the build.

As i got the clutch and brake pedals all sorted i thought i would finish off the set and get the 'Go pedal' done and fitted.

Started off with getting it roughly tacked together and fitted.......

DSC01864.jpg

Then created a bracket to hold the cable in place.......

DSC01867.jpg

After a bit of head scratching and trying to work out where to place the stop i simply just added a piece to the bracket. Has a rubber buffer piece on the end so it won't damage the mechanism. The whole setup will be housed in the side panels so will be out of sight and should help protect it.

stop added.......

DSC01870.jpg

Here is the mechanism on its own, will be covered either side eventually when i get round to it.........

DSC01871.jpg

Thottle cable is all cut to length and fitted in place, im not 100% happy with how it fits to the bracket but i will reweld the bracket at a later date when James can do some more alloy welding for me. Picture doesn't really show it but the cable doesn't point at the thottle body 100% true.

DSC01877.jpg

A Random shot of it in the workshop, love the stance so much :p ........

DSC01875.jpg

Well that was one more thing crossed off the list, then for the next, fitting the fuel cell in place. Fuel cell was designed to fit in the back compartment i had fabricated up but i think i measured it ever so slightly out so i have had to grind a piece off the chassis and move it slightly. The piece was where the original rear chassis bolted to but i have cut it off and added a strengthening piece further forward so now the fuel cell has a bit of room so i can create a firewall.

Bottom rail added..........

DSC01872.jpg

then with both pieces added, plate on the floor is the piece i removed as it was rubbing against the tank....

DSC01882.jpg

then with the fuel cell bolted roughly in place, will get round to making a firewall when i make all the other panels...

DSC01883.jpg

I was starting to get a bit fed up with working on the buggy recently, even though i seem to be really cracking on it just seems never ending and the list of jobs to do seems to just be growing in size! So i thought i would pick one of the big jobs off the list and just concentrate on that, rather than working on bits here and there. So looking down the list i chose a job and set to work.

*** Building a nosecone from scratch ***

Now where do i start, have the rough idea in my head of what to do and know what needs to be done! Design is already roughed out thanks to my bro and his earlier sketch's.

So with this image in my head i set off........

22253_480804040472_587840472_11067513_5016265_n.jpg

Started by removing the radiator and creating a dumby one from thick ply wood. This is so that i don't get resin/fibreglass all over the thing and gives a good base for me to mount the other templates from....

DSC01884.jpg

Then quickly knocked up a few pieces to start me off..........

DSC01891.jpg

After bolting these together i realised that the bottom piece was the wrong shape and needed to be more rounded across the front if i was going to stick to the sketch my bro did and not have a flat edge to it at the front.

So then soon after made version mk2, this has the correct shaped bottom piece but the side panels where not correct.........

DSC01897.jpg

Bottom piece looks the correct width and should work well, i just needed to alter the side pieces slightly.......

DSC01899.jpg

I decided to start building up the side profiles anyway and then alter the side parts later to suit.....

DSC01905.jpg

I have seen this process used several times by car builders/designers where they build up profiles from ply then add foam in between to bulk it out, then sand between the profiles and skim the whole lot to create a good solid shape to then create a fibreglass mould from and finally build a fibreglass nosecone. Long winded i know but should mean that i will have a proper mould so if i need a replacement nosecone i can easily make another.

Anyway, changed the radiator side templates and continued making templates and stacking them up, the white rod shows the form the nosecone should follow.........

DSC01909.jpg

DSC01911.jpg

What do people think? this view looks good as you can see the profile side on against the wheel, i think it will be awsome but open to comments.

DSC01914.jpg

Then added more.........

DSC01918.jpg

This side view is even better as you can actually visualise the large vent from the radiator..........

DSC01923.jpg

and one last one........

DSC01924.jpg

Thought i should update now as anymore pictures and i think you would all fall asleep.

Hopefully tomorrow during my lunch break and monday i should get even more done, watch this space :)

Jason :p

Wow, looks simply awesome Jase!

Look at the camber on them rears :p

Cannot wait to see this complete :p

Thanks dude! :)

Ignore the camber! Suspension is all over the place! I have adjustable everything, and none of it is setup so its all over the place. I just got the height at the correct setup all round so that i could get on with the nosecone ^_^

I take my hat off to this project.

Every time i look through it i still cant believe what the fuck im looking at :)

keep up the good work, i just hope you keep it and use it when its finnished instead of selling or breaking it not long after like too many peaople ^_^

Where are you based? Cause i would love to see this thing!!!

fingers crossed he is in scotland

I take my hat off to this project.

Every time i look through it i still cant believe what the fuck im looking at :p

keep up the good work, i just hope you keep it and use it when its finnished instead of selling or breaking it not long after like too many peaople ^_^

Where are you based? Cause i would love to see this thing!!!

fingers crossed he is in scotland

LOL :p That is my new favourite quote!!!!!

Im not in scotland im afraid, close though, Southampton :) well, actually i don't think that could be further away could it :p Will be keeping it though and definately using it! and abusing it! May bring it to scotland if your lucky!

Jason

Thought i should update now as anymore pictures and i think you would all fall asleep.

wdf u crazy the pics are the best part only word to describe this build is EPIC and if your bringin it to scotland make sure u pop round so i can get a shot ^_^

wdf u crazy the pics are the best part only word to describe this build is EPIC and if your bringin it to scotland make sure u pop round so i can get a shot :)

Thanks dude, will defo be in scotland at some point, meant to be visiting friends in scotland in it when its done ^_^

Thanks dude, will defo be in scotland at some point, meant to be visiting friends in scotland in it when its done ^_^

haha you will hav to give all the scottish members a heads up so we can all meet somewhere to see this fucking creation :)

Thanks for comments guys ^_^

Looks like its getting there but trust me its a LONG way off yet. Im starting to wonder if i will actually get it done next year now :) Still loads to do, but im working my ass off to get it built asap and i hope that it shows!

@ Luke, yep ECU was buggered, got new one here now though so all good :p

I.......LOVE......IT!!!

thats kept me quiet for another week ^_^

nosecone looks awesome i can actually visualise the fiberglass nosecone on it :)

Crap! So i only have a week to do enough work for another update :p

I got a little more done on my lunch break, just added a few more pieces to the nosecone template but its made such a HUGE difference. Looks epic! If i do say so........... Pics coming next week with the next update.

** Little update **

Well yesterday on my lunch break i got a couple more parts added, not much but it really changed the look of it by just adding a few more little parts. Can actually visualise it a bit better now, still looks a little weird from a few angles but i think its on its way. Hopefully i will be back in the workshop bank holiday monday to start cracking on with it further............

DSC01933.jpg

DSC01932.jpg

DSC01931.jpg

DSC01930.jpg

DSC01937.jpg

Comments always welcome :)

Jason ^_^