Nanglebadgers work in progress

yea i used to like mine too, but havent put it in the new car yet, was hoping they moght make a kit from the new Yaris starter button that id use - also u lose your ciggy lighter - not good if u want/have sat nav

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yea i used to like mine too, but havent put it in the new car yet, was hoping they moght make a kit from the new Yaris starter button that id use - also you lose your ciggy lighter - not good if you want/have sat nav

yeah, thats why i havent got that kit in my car... i often borrow sat-navs from work, so i'd rather keep mine!

• 2 weeks later...

Paid a visit to the bodyshop today to see wot the hell was goin on...my mechanic is on holiday and wont be back til the 25th ;) ;) ...BUT, on the plus side my parts have been painted and look LUSH!!! And i do mean lush, the paint is so rich it looks like liquid!!!

Phil.

Just the sound of your new parts painted sounds mouthwatering Phil!!! ;) drip... drip...

Can't wait to see how the elusive splitter will look, its gonna be a v unique colour.

Nice to see some progress! ;)

Peace Out

Joz

Cheers dude, cant wait to get them fitted, need rid of those damn flat spots in the rev range, they're so bloody annoyin! Startin to clean up the engine bay a wee bit, nothin too serious just yet tho. The splitter worries me tbh, its got a screw at either end but the rest is simply glued on! No wonder it fell off Ryan's car! But should be ok, i'll just drive slower, avoid the big bumps lol! Annoyin as hell waitin to get them on tho, would like some good weather pics before winter sets in over here with the splitter and alloys etc etc all on, but probably wont happen, depends on MOT...damn i hate that. Hopefully my other winter goodies should be on the way too, smarten her up for those shitty winter months ;) ;)

Will get some pics when the stuff is fitted.

Phil.

I know, nah racin pedals are illegal for road use over here, twats. And the wheels wont pass here because they scrub and wont allow for full lock! WOT A PILE OF PISS!!!!!! if they dont pass MOT wots the point in bein able to buy the damn things in the first place!

Phil.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn MOT ran out on 23rd so she aint budgin at the mo, her date is the 14th oct! So just takin the time to prep her for MOT, pedals off, number plates swapped over, need to sort fog light and STILL waitin on these speedlines!

Painted the heat shield of the exhaust mani because it looked like shat, tried to polish it but was pitted from corrosion so she got sanded and painted. Waitin on the mani and splitter bein fitted yet and also a little somethin somethin im havin done by some kind members in England so will get some pics when thats all fitted. New momo carbon gear knob gaiter has arrived but not collected it yet.

Now for the kicker, I've been keepin this on the Q.T. for a while. In July i was stopped for ''speeding"...i was doin 60mph on a 60mph rd and was pulled in by a panda car that i knew was there and had pulled out to follow me. The cheeky bastards said i was doin by the way 80and 90mph with an average of 82-82mph. Now even if i had have been doin that it as 12.40am with not a sole about on a STRAIGHT main road, it wouldnt have been dangerous at all, BUT i wasnt ven doin that. Long story short the coppers started bein cheeky bastards about all my dials etc and it was obvious thy'd puled me in because its a modded car and they thought it would be an easy ticket as they thought i would just take it because they figured i wouldnt challenge it in court as a modded car owner vs two cops in a court would have a fairly predicatble result. However i refused to be made a prick out of and in the end they withdrew their offer of a ticket and said i'll get a court summons instead thinkin i'd shit myself, my response was 'see u there'! SO eventually the paper work did actually come thro the door, nd it would be entirely possible to win the case in court as they used a calibrated speedo to 'catch' me and its SO obvious that 82-84mph is actually their FUCKING CATCH UP SPEED!!!!!!! RETARDS!!!!! I have met with a solicitor who agrees that it'd be possible to win a not guilty plea, however that would involve numerous meetings, preparation for court appearance and alot of worry over actually bein questioned in the witness box which i dont want and alot of money. Im in the middle of a Masters course as u may know and all the time involved in fightin the case and the anxiety of bein in a witness box would only have a seriously negative impact upon my work for uni and i simply cannot allow that to happen. It sucks but my career hinges on the quality of the work i do for my masters. So im takin the SHIT option and takin a guilty plea, i know i know its shit, i'll get between 3 and 6points as well as a fine and i have to pay a solicitor as well as an increase in my insurance premiums and a court conviction to my record. Either way im payin out money that i shouldnt have to be payin out!

Believe me guys and gals i hate this, i hate lettin them think they've got one over on me and that they think they'v stuck it to another modified car owner but im not goin to allow them to have an even greater impact than they even realise. It sucks but u have to see my point of view, I've put ALOT of time effort and money into this Masters and i wont see it ruined by two jumped up constanble wankers who think they'r big men pickin on a modded car.

I start advanced drivin lessons tonight which will run for a further 6 or 8 weeks i guess, which will look good to the judge and also will lower my insurance, so that should help even out the impact of the points on my premiums.

As Sparky says, Project Extreme EP will go on underterred, i still have alo of plans for her and theres NO WAY im lettin this piss take ruin her for me!

Phil.

Mate thats shit news, now you see why i hate them so much,they really need to get something better to do with their time rather than pick on innocent motorists because their car is individual!!!!!

Dont let it come between you and your modifying mate, just come back bigger and better than before!!!!

Hope all that shit works out for you mate and good luck again with the MOT :huh:

Cant wait to see that lil something something :lol::lol:

Cheers mate, it actually means alot knowin u guys get wot im on about and are hear to listen to me rant about it. Its been freakin me out for weeks because of the thought of bein grilled in a court room by a prosecution solicitor but the guilty plea means i dont have to say or do anything other than turn up to hear the judges decision. I'll bet the two cops have a real smug lookon their faces, bastards!

Phil.

Phil mate, never knew u were in this kind of predicament.

Defo something you could have done without.

They'll get their just desserts and it wont be pretty...

Something like an elevated Crippler Crossface and the Ken Shamrock Ankle Lock at the same time!!!

Hope you get off lightly, I mean u did nothing wrong ffs.

Best of Luck! Glad your keepin the UKSC/EP Flag flying high!

Good man!

Peace Out

Joz

Cheers big lad, notin i can really do now except wait for the court date, its so pissy tho, if i had have been doin thos speeds i would have put my hands up and said fair enough u caught me, my bad and taken the punishment, but when i was actually obeying the law its just sickenin! Its really annoyin me, id love to give them a run in court but it aint worth the hassle, bollocks to em, i jsut need to be very careful for he next 3yrs, it'd only take a couple of stupid mistakes like a gatso on the way to JAE or a slightly bald tire and a cop in a bad mood and i could loose my licence, but will just have to be careful, tho that seems to get u knocked these days too!

Thakns for the support gents! I appreciate it, truly!

Phil.

Yea dammit Phil :huh:

Im still looking forward to seeing your front splitter on anyways and the other little bits you have in store for us. :lol:

The front splitter will make your EP Ride look much more complete :lol:

Man, I better be careful too, must have been wrong place at the wrong time. but bro I know u been hard done by...

Take it easy :lol:

Peace Out

Joz

awh, my heart sank when i red that mate, im sorry for you bro,

i realy am, its soo shit when you have your hands tied and there is nothing for you to do,

ive been in this predicitment many a time under totaly different circumstances but i wont get into it,

as you know you can only play the cards your delt with

chin up

Very true G man, chin up indeed, nothin i can do about it now, its in the hands of the solicitor, Project Extreme EP goes on.

Ordered a set of 5 Firestone tires for the speedlines IF THEY EVER ARRIVE!!! They have been guaranteed to be with me today so HOPE to have tires today or tomorrow...£225 for 5, i shit myself when i heard that :huh: But ah well has to be done and apparently they're good tires so im happy!

Phil.

Wheels arrived at 12.55pm on saturday! WOOOHHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully get them rubbered up on tuesday and fitted too!

I must extend my gratitude to 2 indiviudals. Firstly Ian (Dragon78) for sellin me the wheels, cheers dude, and also to Dave (Nordonian) for hookin me up with gettin them transported from Ians door to my door! Many many thanks gentlemen!

Phil.