Nanglebadgers work in progress

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Update

Passenger side dash speaker and wires removed, so the only ice wires left are the OEM loom ones which are tucked up out of the way.

Also, factory sound deadening in the spare wheel well is out, took about 40 mins with a hammer and flat head screwdriver. that just leaves the two patches where the rear bench used to be. those are next on my hit list.

spoke with jay who has suggested a few removal options for the bay, so that'll be on the cards, EFI, ACIS stuff etc.

Phil.

Update

Last nite Joel came round to gimme a hand with some remaining trim items.

we have now removed the b-pillar and c-pillar plastics, as well as the seat belts, rear seat mounts and some random foam pieces from random places lol! we have also re-routed the door open sensor wires to up inside the b-pillars to tidy them away and protect them from being damaged.

Mark wants the roof liner gone - joel says no - i am undecided.

Phil.

• 1 month later...

Update

now sans headliner.

awkward prick to get out. but its out.

i think thats the end of the removal stage, with the exception of the engine bay stuff that Jay wants to look at.

next up is getting the inside of it cleaned up and, of course, there is still the leak to sort out. fail.

Phil.

Good to see this project is still going after all these years!

I quite liked that boot build you had, for a daily driver I really liked it with the carpet and the speakers on the side panels it looked very professional, but can't say no to a bit of weight loss.

Not got time to read through all these pages but I've been on this forum a few years now and seen cars like this (and Joz's) change a LOT, quite a few people spend thousands building their cars only to break them a few months later, it's nice to see a few projects still getting bigger and better.

cheers dude!

the install was great for a daily, really enjoyable. unfortunately she was just getting too tempermental in her old age to run as a daily anymore, too many things that would fail MOT, so its better to take her off for a while and give her the attention she needs to bring her back to MOT spec and i figured i could take her a different route, make her more of a road warrior as Jay would call it lol!

Phil.

• 5 months later...

Update

Thanks to a certain sexy Mr Calnan, i now has a Blitz top radiator hose with water temp sensor port in it as the one currently fitted needs to go back to its rightfull owner.

I have also ordered an uprated oil return pipe in preparation for a new sump from Alan E once he paints it black for me.

then, the sexy Mr Calnan is providing me with some Glanza headlight alignment adjustment bolts, and low and behold we may actually have the parts needed to fix this bitch!

Phil.

thanks lads!

it'll not see the roads this year, but it would be nice to get it to a state ready for an MOT next year.

The poor Evans brothers are gonna be tortured helping me out with it, and poor Alan already knows the painting it needs.

so, next is the oil return and the bolts from SiCaln, then we can actually change some parts!

Phil.