Nanglebadgers work in progress

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the ICE is for sale if u are interested and it can be collected in Ayr scotland or somewhere within a reasonble drive from there.

the floor itself tho is no use, the bits at the side we made out of various bits of wood nailed together, plus its all covered in fibreglass now.

its not hard to do, u just need a sheet of MDF or similar and a jigsaw for the holes and sides.

but yeah, if the sub and amp are of any interest to you let me know dude.

a very very reasonable figure could be easily agreed upon :thumbsup:

Phil.

if i'd still been using her everyday there is no way i'd have removed the system, i love my metal on the way to work. but the new car has a full sound system thats already had the EQ set to ROCK mode lol! therefore, the EP is now fit to be even more impracticle and doesnt need a sound system.

i may remove the seat belts...however, this has an impact on Jay lol. time to learn how to adjust the harnesses lol!

Phil.

Awesome, wish I could go back to having the rear stripped!

Aye with the sound deadening, just get a chisel and hammer and it will come straight off.. Some bits you can even pick off with your fingers :thumbsup:

I used a heatgun on mine, its REALLY messy and takes ages but its the only way to get it up :thumbsup:

Not necessarily, have you ever tried one of these bad boys?!

SS-image-2011-01-13-4d2f381717cb4.jpg

They are immense and will rip all the sound deadening out in minutes!

Good work as always Phil, get a zip wheel (and an angle grinder to use it on if you don't have one) and rip that sound deadening out! :p

cheers gents!

@ Luke - no aim weight at the mo man.

@ Si - dunno about that man. its one thing to develop such drastic weight reduction through track testing, but to reduce the weight in the rear that much by ditching the wheel well, not convinced about that man. Jay and i have discussed that before.

@ Mark - as u know well, i aint done yet bro!

@ Iddy - thanks man! i'll see if Alan E has one!

Phil.

Mark - i cant get much further right now as the c-pillar bar is in the road and some thoughtless twat took his socketset away...:mellow:

Went out for a half hour last nite...came back in 2 hours later. speaker wires to the rear are out, as is the ISO cable and the power and remote cable, and also the head unit. im leaving the sill trim plastics in place to cover that sharp lip and to also protect the wiring from getting battered.

i also took a hammer and flat head screw driver to the factory sound deadening on the drivers side of the spare wheel well, took a while and my back was fucked after, but its chipped out now.

currently undecided about carpet, think im gonna leave it in tbh as want to leave the front half of the car inhabitable.

also undecided about front and door speakers and door cards.

Phil.

very tempted, i'll have a think. handbrake plastics are all staying in, still want it to look fairly neat in the front, but the rear i dont care lol. will probably get some black electrical tape and re-wrap the looms to the rear.

Seat belts might get hit next...sorry jay, but i need sockets for that...mark, u knob.

Phil.

Whats with the name callin you nasty ass banging piece of horse dung shit face twat window licking camel toe hating butt munching lounge lizard at war.

Get the power steering out te feck too, weight, and that master brke cylinder stoppy thing, no need, man up

thinking of donating the door pods and speakers to mark, but retaining my TRD trim items lol.

Jay - thanks for the offer man, i'll try to keep her started once a week or fortnight as best i can, but if she wont start next yr a house call will be needed.

when u say excess engine bay stuff, what do u suggest dude? i want to keep the power steering so just ignore mark there, and i think we have the carbon filter out already, i thought we were already pretty light in there, guess we could run a front mounted filter now as she wont see cold winter air temps, only summer air temps.

Phil.

^^^^good thinking.

Update

well seeing as my dad needed to use my PC tonight, i got chased back to the garage! so, front door cards are off, but i have put the door pull/switch mount area pod thingys back on so as i can close the door and still use the window switches and TRD trim. i have however removed the foam from the back of them.

Door cards are dismantled and the pods and speakers are ready for you to collect in a few weeks marko dude. about time i donated ICE to your project for a change lol! wiring to the pods has also been pulled back through. I have also removed the drivers side front dash speaker, but as yet not the passenger side as i cant be fucked arguing with the glove box tonight. that can wait til another nite soon.

so, all ice bar one speaker is out. win.

Phil.