• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Update

As some of the UKSCNI folk know, i've been having ongoing issues with an oil leak ever since the new engine went in.

So, project end? No. Project halt? No! Project change of direction? Yes.

She has now outlived her reliability as a functional daily driver, so its time for a change. This project will now change direction somewhat, and all will be discussed when i have determined the final direction in my head, but for now, she has about another week on the road, then its time for a rest for some time, so if u see me on the road in the next week, wave, because its the last time for a while that she'll grace these here roads.

Daily driver thread to be opened.

Phil.

The badger wagon only getting a rest then Phil? glad its not being retired, as that would be truely unforgivable.

Can't wait to see the new daily. That's a point winters starting to set in I needs to go dig out the standard wheels.

no Luke mate she aint being retired yet, i'll try to get her sorted first all being well, get this leak fixed.

Cheers lads, looking forward to tinkering at her without the stress of needing it the next morning!!!

cheers joel dude, u'll regret that in the coming months lol!

Phil.

• 2 weeks later...

track car? fuck no.

that invloves paying for track cover, paying for trackskills, a tow bar, a trailer, a helmet...bollox to that. she's getting stripped out as a fast use road toy for fair weather.

cheers joel man, there's gonna be some sound deadening and fibreglass with your name on it.

Phil.

Update

The time has come for the next incarnation of this project, which i have entitled, Operation: Less is More

For the last few years this is what the rear end of my car has looked like inside, and this is where Operation: Less Is More begins:

DSC_0079-3.jpg

After 20 mins with a screwdriver it looked like this:

DSC_0080-3.jpg

A half hour later:

DSC_0081-4.jpg

uh-ohhhh, look what happens when u remove the spot welds of the spare wheel mount. looks like Alan-E has some welding to do!!! :thumbsup:

DSC_0082-4.jpg

An hour later:

DSC_0084-3.jpg

A half hour later again, speaker out:

DSC_0085-1.jpg

Another half hour, second speaker out:

DSC_0086-1.jpg

And a half hour after that again...not bad with only a 10mm socket in the garage since mark took his socket set away with him! quite proud of my ingenuity...which in truth means i stole the method of removal of things in the way from Jay!

DSC_0087-1.jpg

And some further weight reduction to be had for Secret Steve to fit next yr some time, courtesy of CJ Performance!

DSC_0088.jpg

Next up i will pull through all the remaining rear speaker wires and power cable for the amp back out through the bulk head, then remove the head unit.

Operation: Less Is More.

Operation Status: Operation Commenced

Operative Status: Hands cut to shreds by sound deadening...bastard.

Phil.

two bin bag fulls! i try not to think how much all that carpet and sound deadening cost me all those years ago...ouch. now we need to get the factory sound deadening out buddy, thats where i'll be calling you in for some help as i dont know how best to tackle it! i suspect a chisel!

but there's no rush! we've got all winter!

Phil.

Good effort!

Easiest way apparently is using dry ice, but who the hell has access to that stuff lol! I used a heatgun on mine, its REALLY messy and takes ages but its the only way to get it up :thumbsup:

It will save you a few KG though, less is more as they say!!

stripped out rear ftw