Nanglebadgers work in progress

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

work the gears and put your feet out the bottom like fred flintstone!!!!!!!!!

no diagnosis yet dude no, so far we have turbo shaft play, leaking sump, leaking crank shaft oil seals, seized PSR caliper and a banging RARB. so much lolz im hopin jay pushes it into the tide at the costa!

Phil.

work the gears and put your feet out the bottom like fred flintstone!!!!!!!!!

no diagnosis yet dude no, so far we have turbo shaft play, leaking sump, leaking crank shaft oil seals, seized PSR caliper and a banging RARB. so much lolz im hopin jay pushes it into the tide at the costa!

Phil.

Nothing too complicated then!! bit of tlc required :p you know she loves to test ya!! had the same issue with the dsr on mine stick with it bro :)

John

Starlets are pricks dude!! Stick at it though. Mine has a banging RARB and i think possibly a sticky caliper at the rear. And its hitting fuel cut but i still love it to bits.

Replied to your PM too dude.

dunno dude, as u know i aint particularly technically minded.

spoke with Jay last nite, the turbo is still very much alive it would seem, the shaft play and cracks are the same as when she went in originally, so for now we are goin to continue with the K1 as it pulls like a train.

i was hoping it was either the engine or the turbo not both, so right now it looks like my prayers were answered. Right now i am awaiting final verdict from Jay and Secret Steve, but i've a fair idea where this is heading. and so long as the turbo does hold up, it means i can continue to plan for that special final purchase i have started paying for.

So, once Jay and Steve have confered and I know the score, I will update accordingly.

oh the joys. should have gone honda...........my arse.

Phil.

Can you get away with changing stem seals without removing the head? If so I cant see that being a huge job

I imagine that would be a right pain, probably easier to whip the head off and use the valve clamp tool. Would take no more than 20 minutes using one of them, plus the time of removing and fitting the head!

Glad you're sticking with it Phil, looking forward to see what else you have planned! :)

Engine seems healthy compression wise mate and your not easy on the old girl so thats a good sign, stick with it mate valve stem seals are common on any Jap motor

Plenty more boost to go :)

to be fair, she gets a pretty easy life, mostly motor way and A-road 5th gear driving, the hardest pulls she sees are always in 3rd gear, 1st and 2nd dont really get abused tbh.

i hope to stick with it this time, and if we get this cleared up and the final piece installed, then i'll continue for now, but this nonsense of breaking down has to stop!! other wise its getting shelved for a diesel, period.

Phil.

New FTE and she'll be fine buddy! Or get the rebuild parts like i did for my old N/A ran like a dream after the rebuild.

Best of luck with it dude, if you need anymore info regarding Turbos you know where i am dude.

lol well said!

got a call from Jay on Friday, engine needs swapped. I've given the go-ahead for this as Secret Steve can provide a low mileage, freshened up engine for a decent price and will take my smokey the bandit as a trade in.

so for now, she stays because i want my car back.

unsure of a time scale yet.

Jays Garage and Secret Steve to the rescue to the......**,000,000,000th time.

Phil.