Nanglebadgers work in progress

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

socks - you misunderstand dude, she wasn't at Jays, i mean i have now left her at Jays for an undetermined length of time. she was being driven on a daily basis to and from work. started puffing out the odd plume of blue smoke, then this week it got alot worse.

i'm not going to make any decisions until i get a diagnosis. jay's taking it out a run today as he's heading out anyway, but i think the head or turbo is going to have to come off for further investigation. thankfully i can borrow the albino badger, but this is hardly ideal as, if my sis was driving, i'd have been buggered with no car. starting to get impracticle this sort of instance, cant keep falling back on other people's cars.

I'll update when i hear from jay this evening.

Phil.

Sparky - dont really fancy a £500 rebuild to the K1 tbh dude. false economy that.

and if it gets broken at anytime, you can rest assured that the part everyone wants (i.e. the TTE splitter) has already had a home designated by me and will not be for sale.

it all comes down to the money. with houses and other commitments that come with age, throwing such money at this kind of incident every 6 months cannot be maintained.

Phil.

Sparky - dont really fancy a £500 rebuild to the K1 tbh dude. false economy that.

and if it gets broken at anytime, you can rest assured that the part everyone wants (i.e. the TTE splitter) has already had a home designated by me and will not be for sale.

it all comes down to the money. with houses and other commitments that come with age, throwing such money at this kind of incident every 6 months cannot be maintained.

Phil.

Dont break, park it up an buy a cheap run about mate, save an rebuild the epic car dude an anyway who'd manage the forum!!!!

You could always run a CT9RB mate quality tub an cheaper than the rebuild ;)

John

As said we wont let you break this, too many of the finest EP's being broken lately :D

Sure Jay has a stock ct9 lying around if thats the problem

Let us know how you get on mate ;)

from a K1 to a CT9??????? no thanks.

and i aint buying no cheap runner if it comes to project halt/pause/end. I want something decent and comfy and nice, like an A3 or an Alfa of some sort.

Taking it off the road to maintain as a project would be pointless, for a start i'd have to find reasons to dig it out, then there's twice the insurance, twice the tax, twice the MOT. if i make it a track car i need to warrant it with visits to the track, pay for the track time, pay for trailor, pay for a tow bar, pay for the track lessons at kirky, track insurance, added fuel. it just turns into a whole money pit and for what?? sentiment? i'd have to ask myself is it really worth it.

but, until we know more, no sense speculating further.

Phil.

Best to wait for the results of the Jaystar investigation first broski.

The 'ct9' test will be a good indicator to see if it is actually the turbo's fault and also to check other possible culprits (pcv valve etc).

Blue smoke they say is contributed to burning oil. Using a non smoking ct9 of course.

Even the compression test can't identify smoke problems etc unless a cylinder has gone.

I've had the test done twice!

I have a rebuilt engine and I get paranoid when something even 'smells' smokey.

Have my fingers crossed for you dude, please keep us informed.

Joz