Nanglebadgers work in progress

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Update

Was in a bit of a "sorting shit out" mood on sunday, so got the airbag bulb removed from the cluster, had been pissing me off ever since we swapped the steering wheel over. And whilst tinkering i remembered that i have had a Willans Vee crutch strap sitting in a box doing nothing for 2 years, so i now have that connected to the passenger harness, just needs eye bolts to mount it.

the harnesses rub quiet a bit due to its 3" thickness, was pissing Mrs Badger off, so this evening I have ordered the parts to finally finish the harness project off once and for all: 2 sets of 3" blue Willans harness pads, one Willans Vee crutch strap for the drivers side (decoration only, not being used on the road as i like my badgerballs in their badger nutsack thanks) and 4 1" eyebolts to mount the two crutch straps. wouldn't think that would cost alot, but i was wrong. thanks demon tweeks. lol.

oh, and after about two years i finally have the bootlid interior panel back on that i had carpeted up. couldnt get the fecker on, so on sunday tried a different popper...wouldn't fit...hammer came out...fucker fits now! thats how we roll in BadgerSports Inc. As Joel says, if it dont fit, MAKE its bitch ass fit.

Phil.

Just have to add "if it don't work, hit it with a hammer I say" to. Which you did.

Looking good as always mate, even though you don't have the rays on in the sun.

cheers lads! very much appreciated. was at the Costa today and got my smoothed rocker cover refitted with fresh oil seals.

UK number plate FTW as she is a UK car at heart, and i think the UK one looks better on the rear of mine. still an n/a bootlid.

and yeah i wish i had the rays on. i really do.

Phil.

cheers Lee! Mucho appreciated good sir.

Update

I have agreed to a silly purchase. I will pay it off over a few months. And it will be worth it. First installment on Tuesday. All will be revealed when I collect it upon final installment. This saving for a house is great craic...ye buy car parts instead!

Phil.

lol indeed dude!!!

yeah cables need done rather soon, there's absolutely no bite left in the handbrake, gonna start bein detrimental to my clutch at this rate lol!!!!

Update

Willans harness gear showed up from Demon Tweeks today, 2 pairs of 3" harness pads, one Vee Crutch Strap and 4 eye bolts. Harness pads are in, just gotta drill the seat frames for the eye bolts then we can mount the vee crutch straps! wins!

also, going to see weejohn tomorrow evening to get my horn wired in and to discuss my financial instalment programme! lol!

Phil.

What car parts can be some horrendously awesome and expensive that they need installments?

I keep thinking you are buying another EP but thats most unlikely.

I got no deets from Jay on the phone so looking forward to 'finding' out what these mystery parts are dude.

Glad to know you will be getting your horn sorted, the £100 bosskit just wasnt feasible was it lol!

Joz

lol everyone pays for this part in one go, but as im at the sexual Bower wedding next month I dont want to leave myself short as i still need to pay for the room and get slaughtered on ale for a week with Mrs Badger and the sexual Bowers, so the seller is agreeing to let me pay it in a couple of chunks, its less than the price of coilovers, i'm just making sure I dont leave myself short for a few weeks as i'm still trying to save but couldnt pass this up as i knew it'd be a finishin touch. its nothing original lol!!!!

and totally agreed on the boss kit man, thats utterly nuts. £20 for the wheel, £100 for the boss...no way!!!! WeeJohn will hopefully hook me up tomorrow nite all being well!!!!

definitely not buying another EP buddy, I have no justification for a second car...and if i did, i'd buy Mark's GT, because i love the spoilers and lip!!!!

Phil.

I need to know what this new purchase is!! Tell me at Mr Bowers Wedding ye? B)

sorry to interrupt your thread Phil, but where is everyone stayin for mr B's wedding?

and awesome news bout the horn bro

• 2 weeks later...

Update

We have blue smoke folks. and plenty of it.

car has been left at Jays for an unknown duration.

Possible diagnoses:

1. Valve Stem Oil Seals

2. Piston Rings

3. Turbo Oil Seals

Options vary depending on what exactly is wrong. A number of options were discussed by Jay, Joel and myself yesterday.

Time will tell when Jay drives it and gets it apart.

Phil.