Nanglebadgers work in progress

again i am forced to ask though mate, was your n/a an airbag model with the three spoke steering wheel?????? if not, its no use man.

right now it looks like the button is the best option, i've contacted weejohn about it.

also, lost the rag, went out and removed the TC Tuning decals, the UKSC-NI decal, the TGTT decal, and once they were gone, the turbozilla looked lost, was way too high up with nothing below it, so its gone now too, had started to lift in the corners anyways. if i miss it i can easily replace it, was cool for a while, but im not in to drifting, so kinda outta place on my car. may get one for below the bonnet again tho.

that just leaves the rear strip and the honda decal, those are staying.

next victims will be the towing eyes, tooooooo much rust for my liking.

Phil.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Liam - ok cheers bro, genuinely appreciate the offer. I aint paying £94 for a boss kit for a £20 wheel, gonna order that button ASAP.

Sparky - dude, TC was like 5 yrs ago, time to move on. Was funny then, not so funny explaining it anymore at this age and in my work place. Time i matured a little from that kinda crap dude. they were cool for all those years, but there are also Japanese people in my work, so had to remove them before offence was caused if they translated them. just weren't funny anymore man, ye know?

Phil.

Phil, i have the OMP Boss kit sitting here doing nothing if you want to give it a try? Ive sold the OMP Wheel so wont be needing it for a while yet. I can get it posted out to you and if it works you can chuck some money my way if not then just post it back?

Let me know what you want to do mate!

lol at mark - no mate not yet, using the multi gym and bench press for now, let the forearms rest.

Liam - cheers mate, but i've an update to post.

Update

ok, so friday my new horn button arrived. this is now mounted to the vertical black plastic bit of the speedo tunnel thing behind the wiper stalk. just need to see weejohn for wirings.

then yesterday she got a wash, after which i removed the Tuning Developments decal from below the rear number plate. then i removed the towing eyes and handed them to mark, they had badly rusted and really were an eyesore on the car, so its less busy all round on the exterior now.

then, i swapped over the circuit board on the back of the cluster and replaced all the shite LEDs with the OEM bulbs only with blue silicone covers (forgot to remove the airbag bulb tho, twat).

then mark kindly fitted my Bride rep steering wheel for me and got it nicely straightened up. so, some tidying occured this weekend, cool!

mark also found a hole in the exhaust, so gonna give Alan-E a shout to get that re-welded again. just gotta remove the airbag bulb and that'll be me finished with the speedo area all being well.

next up is some new handbrake cables from Jay and the clear cambelt cover from Riko.

Phil.

@200bhp - the whole thread? that must have taken ages dude!!! but thank u!!! she has certainly changed over the years!

Roberto - cheers dude, yeah i'll get some pics of the horn button ASAP.

Luke - yeah man, a simply flick of the finger from the stalk and that location is easily within reach, its perfect.

also next - wana spend a good few hours cleaning the winter grime off the bay, its a total disgrace in there!

Phil.

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Good and bad, as always.

I've asked jay to order me some new handbrake cables because it's dying a death, as well as a new exhaust manifold gasket because i think its blowing out, looks a bit sooty around the far right port.

spent 2.5 hrs on thursday nite cleaning the bay, its still a mess lol. tried to fit some ID-WORKZ decals to the underside of my bonnet, to have the same problem as before, there's over spray all over it meaning nothing will stick. prick.

Picked up some new side lights to match my headlights last week, matchin Ultra bulbs:

DSC_0033.jpg

and i've fitted the horn button, just need to see weejohn to get it wired, £26 for a button, most expensive button ever!

DSC_0034.jpg

Bride wheel is back on too.

now, bad news. Mark found a blow in the HKS exhaust. so yesterday had it inspected, its blown out in 3 places. basically, its fucked. prick. there's an expense i wasn't counting on.

so, on thursday its going in for a new hybridised system - keeping the HKS flange to the downpipe, getting new flexi section with guard panel, new piping, new bullet box with guard panel, new piping all the way to the back box, and the plan is to reuse the HKS box as its a nice Jap item, but the pipe to the box is more or less gone, damn winter salt. fuel economy is non-existent right now lol. i've requested they retain the current angle on the exhaust out the back bumper too, fur JDMz y0! so dad'll take it in on thursday for me whilst im at work, dont know how it'll sound, dont care. its running shit because of it, really down on power, just doesnt feel lively in 3rd they way it has been, so its definately the fucked exhaust and probably the blow in the mani gasket. that'll be a tidy £240 for the exhaust, f**kin prick, but thats cheaper than a new system that would need modified for my N/A hangers, and it'll be stainless too, so should last.

still, gay though.

Phil.