• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Update

well yesterday i spent the day at the Costa. Was having a few concerns about the health of the car, but after some dismantling and inspection by jay, all is healthy. compression test came back 100% fine. turbo/mani/decat are fine. so all good.

whilst tinkering Jay also took the time to fit my clear cam belt cover with 4E-FTE engraved on it, i'll get pics shortly.

we've a dead rocker seal so a fresh set is being ordered and fitted to my smoothed N/A cover. running a spare 4efte one for a couple of weeks. Jay also replaced the exhaust manifold gaskets as these needed refreshed. when she's down for new rocker seals we also have 3 new handbrake cables to go on.

so, all healthy touch wood.

really gotta see weejohn for the horn button lol.

Phil.

mine was an airbag model, meaning it had that daft black spinning ring system thing that the horn plugged into, a big yellow connection. to fit an aftermarket wheel this crap has to come off. the horn works by the two brass rings being pressed together, whereas the GTs had a simple wire set up that just plugs into a horn button connection.

to buy an EP91 airbag specific kit from RHD is something daft like £150 or something, i have a link at home somewhere. so for £26 i bought a pretty button and am having it wired in instead and mounted on the dash.

Phil.

i've mounted a button under my speedo cluster, there's recent pics in my thread man. the button came with a wiring instructions booklet, i imagine he'll splice into the existing horn wiring, then draw a live feed off the ignition or somewhere as my button is backlit, and an earth.

Phil.

so....no then ye'?

lol

y guess buddy is that there must have been some differences between them. when u took your wheel off did u find a big black spinning disc thing with a bright yello connection coming out of it that the airbag connected into?? if so, the horn is all part of this mechanism as the fact that it can spin allows contact to be made in any position between the two circular plates for the horn. if it were just a single wire it would twist and tangle and break, hence the spinning mechanism.

Phil.

PICS

As i said a few weeks back, i tried to add some additional ID-WORKZ decals to the underside of the bonnet but this proved unsuccessful due to overspray, sorry Iddy. This was how it looked with the decals and a cleaning:

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

This is what was left when it was clear that they weren't going to take...fail. think a freshly painted bonnet is in order....ohhh ALAN!!!!!

DSC_0045.jpg

And the clear cam belt cover with 4E-FTE engraving. Thanks to Jay for figuring out a way to make her fit.

DSC_0044.jpg

Phil.

^^^^tbh i feel exactly the same my brother. The underside of my bonnet is a bit foobared from when we had the up and over intercooler piping, so i was trying to tart it up a bit to detract from the denting and rust.

i think i'm just gonna get a fresh bonnet for her and have it freshly painted up instead, not feeling it myself tbh doesnt really go with the car and i cant be assed buying sticker packs to totally sticker bomb it.

Phil.

Update

Was in a bit of a "sorting shit out" mood on sunday, so got the airbag bulb removed from the cluster, had been pissing me off ever since we swapped the steering wheel over. And whilst tinkering i remembered that i have had a Willans Vee crutch strap sitting in a box doing nothing for 2 years, so i now have that connected to the passenger harness, just needs eye bolts to mount it.

the harnesses rub quiet a bit due to its 3" thickness, was pissing Mrs Badger off, so this evening I have ordered the parts to finally finish the harness project off once and for all: 2 sets of 3" blue Willans harness pads, one Willans Vee crutch strap for the drivers side (decoration only, not being used on the road as i like my badgerballs in their badger nutsack thanks) and 4 1" eyebolts to mount the two crutch straps. wouldn't think that would cost alot, but i was wrong. thanks demon tweeks. lol.

oh, and after about two years i finally have the bootlid interior panel back on that i had carpeted up. couldnt get the fecker on, so on sunday tried a different popper...wouldn't fit...hammer came out...fucker fits now! thats how we roll in BadgerSports Inc. As Joel says, if it dont fit, MAKE its bitch ass fit.

Phil.

lol i know man, i'd wanted to do it, this just prompted me to get on with it. harness was rubbing her neck and was pretty sore.

i'm afraid its just mark tonight dude, i'd hoped to join him last week but he went straight from work, loser.

got the car out of the garage this morning to find a centre cap gone....how odd lol. very random. off to ebay i go!

Phil.

dont worry man, you're genuinely the only reason the stock belts are still there. seriously.

handbrake and rocker cover just to be sorted. would love to find that damn oil leak but its nothing serious.

badly need the RARB greased too, might give my old mechanic in larne a shout as he did it before.

then that just leaves the antilift kit to fit and some wiring from weejohn.

im no good with these acoustics, i need some electricity, a floyd rose and a big amp with a distortion pedal! lol

Phil.

• 3 weeks later...

Update

Got some clean Spring 2011 pics for y'all following a 2 day clean using some HD cleanser, SRP polish and HD wax, including wheels waxed, exhaust polished, completely de-tarred and glass cleaned. also removed the decals on the underside of the bonnet. also, as my car can't get up the mrs's lane on the 15s, i have to store it elsewhere on visits, and this location wont facilitate the 14s, so, ye, no Rays this season. Fail.

Also got word my final harness items have been dispatched, at long bloody last. so here's some pics with the updated cleaned, de-decaled exterior, trying for a more mature grown up look tbh. heading to Jays tomorrow for new handbrake cables and refitting of my smooth rocker cover thats had new oil seals fitted.

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

As I gaze into the sunshine...

DSC_0048.jpg

Got shine?

DSC_0049.jpg

Also hoping to see WeeJohn this week for some wiringz of horn etc!

Phil.