Nanglebadgers work in progress

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ah, SiCaln corrects me once again!!! lol!!!

Cheers Ryan dude - got SiCaln to thank for that one, he was the kind provider of my illuminated ignition barrel.

on a related side note - cant wait for exhaust to be fixed, shit sounds like a tractor everywhere i go, on the over run it souds retarded, and my mpg is like...5mpg...plus, she's slower, which am failz!

so, ye, thursday, hurreh up plzthnkz!

Phil.

Update

Well, £240 lighter today. left the car into Canavans in Lurgan and they sorted the exhaust for me, all new all the way to the back box which was reused. car is much quieter, but still has a sweet burble, she's more civilised (well, i think so, Mrs Badger will still think its noisy lol).

I cant decide what it's done to the performance. part of me feels that, although she still boosts as high and i had stable boost before, somehow it just feels...more solid?? more planted?? strange description for boost i know, esp as it was fine before, it just feels...solid..i guess. 3rd doesn't feel as lively and violent though, wondering is that just the reduction in noise making it feel like that tho???? planted it in 2nd and 3rd a couple of times and she still shifts her ass!!!! not sure.

if the mani gasket is blowing though this new-found back pressure will probably be causing that to be worse, well, thats how my limited technical reasoning has it in my head lol, so visit to the Costa will be needed in the coming weeks/month.

really wasn't counting on such an expense, but i'm happy with the job they've done. the angle is even better, the pipe sticks out of the bumper a bit more, meaning i can clean it easier, and its solid in the mounts so no more cable ties holding it in place!!!! was so pikey lol!!!!! and being stainless it should last! new bullet box looks smaller than the HKS one!!! very pleased with it! drove home with the windows down and the radio off to enjoy the sound and the dump valve! gay i know, but funz!

Phil.

SON OF BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wasn't consulted about that!!!! and as for the old system being restrictive, i dunno about that!!!! i'll discover the truth when she's next rolling roaded!!!

Matt i dunno how u found that but thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Phil.

id be sooooo angery if some tosser took vids of my car when id trusted them with it! totaly sympathise phil, hope they have said sorry and made some sort of gesture! would be different had they asked first, but to not ask and then do that is just plain wrong!

phoned them on friday after Matt threw the link up and told them to take it down.

explained that i dont want it there for security reasons! all someone had to do was google that place and if that's where im gettin work done they could work out roughly what area my car can be found and swiped from!!!! fuck to that! perhaps a little paranoid, and yes i have the details in this thread, but this is a private forum, not the feckin 'tube!!!!!

they apologised for any annoyance caused and its been removed.

yes they covered my reg, but i wasn't asked before or after the work! its my car, if i want it on youtube i'll put it there!!!!! or give my consent!

didnt mention the revving it thing as didnt see the point, but it is obvious from the condensation that she was cold. not amused about that. if i dont do that to my car, i certainly dont expect anyone else to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and no, no gesture was made other than an apology.

Phil.

Sorry to hear about this broki.

The thing is you have to be REALLY specific when you get work done anywhere these days.

If you don't want them to take photos, rev the engine or take it for a spin you have to let them know.

Unfortunately hardly anywhere is trustworthy these days, especially for the hard to please like you and me.

Imagine a wheel place that sprayed your rays wheel caps for you as a favour or took off your spanking V6 engine cover and roughed it up badly.

You would think they were complete numptys... or remove your tyres badly and fuck up the rays valve stems so you had to get new ones. Last one happened to me and the others are true stories.

Its those sort of things that can happen easily. Even CH, you have tell him exactly what you want and and what not to do, or there is a big chance it could happen. Its not your fault but double check next time you get something done for extra peace of mind. :blush:

Specify is the key. Who knows what scallies saw my engine bay when I left the car and wheels up...

Joz

exactly man, well said.

have to spell things out. mark and i did a demo last nite in the garage, to get the car to be as loud and dump the way it did in the video, she had to be taken to 5000 RPM. i don't even do that when it's sitting still! she only ever sees that on the road once fully warmed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyways, bit of an update.

Oil and filter change is done thanks to Mark. Whilst there, I have discovered that there is an oil leak somewhere at the top of the engine, the suspicion is its a rocker seal somewhere, seems to have been throwing out quite a bit of oil, so been on to Jay about that and seals are being ordered. she's also throwing coolant out from somewhere, went through like a litre in 2 weeks, seems to be a pressure issue so i've reverted back to the standard radiator cap for the civic radiator, see if that helps release some pressure.

also monitoring the exhaust manifold gasket.

also checked the new exhaust, the skid panels that i was told were being fitted, weren't. mmmhhhhmmmmmmm.

so, she'll be going to Jay's soon for 3 new handbrake cables, exhaust manifold gasket, and new rocker seals to see if we can stop this oil leak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also, the ID-WORKZ decals i fitted under the bonnet, came off. Sorry Iddy. fuckin overspray!

Phil.