Nanglebadgers work in progress

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol your all far too kind!

now that mark and i have done them twice over we defo know wot we would and wouldnt do again if we were to ever do it again, for example i recommend using cloth not carpet as i have done, its so thick its a bastard to get the card to stay attached to the door, hence y we used thinner carpet this time but it still aint OEM perfect but it aint far off!!

just need the TRD switch surrounds fitted and we're laughin, just have to put a couple of other final touches and they're done. hopefully by this time tomorrow nite i'll have some definitive word about the sale of the 17s.

Phil.

one of the pods need finally secured, they are such a bastard to use, i do NOT recommend using them on EP91s!! EVER!!!!!

we ran them without the switch surrounds for a week or two to see if any problems arose, didnt wana fit the TRDs and then have to remove them again, the more times they come out the more chance there is they could get scratched or snap, and i aint running that risk unduly.

its a good news/bad news day for the car lol.

bad news: on the way home the light in the oil pressure gauge packed in, so bearing in mind the tacho one barely works either im gettin real fucked off with auto gauge stuff now, they werent feckin cheap!!!! not happy here at all.

on the UP side, it looks like the 17s MAY have finally sold for good, i will have confirmation either way on monday nite, if they're defo gone i'll be gettin about £350 for them, not wot i wanted but after this long it'll do rightly, it means i can order a WEPR FMIC for the project!!!! yeeeeeeeehaaaaaa that would be one of the MAIN hurdles cleared if i could land th FMIC.

Phil.

thanks man, i hope so.

i wasnt planning on replacing the gauges in the pod when the conversion is done, i had hope to run them on the FTE aswell. but if the light in the oil pressure gauge doesnt resolve itself im not gonna be a happy badger, think maybe a phone call to my auto spark or weejohn will be required.

Phil.

sparky!!!!!!!!! how rude!! of course i had it working!!!!

i had the froont end off the car and the block filed back to allow the big brass sender to fit.

@Jay, i'll have a look at that dude cheers, not amused tho.

and i got confirmation that the wheels have indeed shifted and there is £350 sittin waitin on me, cash monieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

so, Jay, if u would be so kind as to contact Sasha my good man and warn him of the impending order please!!!!! yeehaaaaaa shiny things!!!! sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Phil

no update but worth mentioning.

yesterday i met one of my cousins for the first time in a LONG time.... and guess wot he took me out in....

his TVR Cerbera!!!!! 380BHP!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this thing is f*ckin brutal!!!!

4.5 ltr V8, short induction pipe, map, and it weighs 1ton....so thats 380bhp per ton!!!!!!

these have always been one of my favourite cars, i just love the look of them and to be out in one was honestly a drream come true!! i had no idea anyone in my immediate family was into cars let alone is onto their 3rd or 4th TVR!!!!!!

the force of the acceleration is just outstanding! i was grinnin like a child at crimbo!!!!!!

i realise i sound like such a kid but i dont care, it was freakin ubes!!! he takes it to kirky ALOT so all being well i'll be gettin some laps in in the motor!! cant wait!!

***child-like-excitement-rant over***

Phil.