Nanglebadgers work in progress

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks matey! yeah rick is on the case and they have been round to see the damage!

mr bower i see your in my thread, i got ut msg, i'll ring u later on!

i'll try to get more pics of all the bits that have been done in the coming week for u folks, just have to edit out the reg.

Phil.

mate, i cant tell you how amazing she looks, but coulda sworn you were getting a rear lip? :/

anywho, i hope all is well with you mate, and cant wait to see you back on here and back to normal

testing upload of pic!!!!

hope this works, the front plate is now mounted but i need to edit the pics for those first, try this tho, TRD decal and bonnet raisers.

DSC_0082.jpg

Phil.

Looks beaut Philip :p

Really love it and the subtle changes to the front end like the removal of the number plate support plate, the vertical bars and corners smoothed on the front bumper oh and bonnet badge removed/smoothed. Its those little things that can just set a car off nicely :p

Holy shit, this car is even more minted than it was! Haven't checked up on this thread ina while, sorry to hear about the recent troubles, must be a fucker!

The car is really coming along though. Those Rays are minted, can't wait to see them on the Wagon. De-sparring the front bumber really sets the front of the car off, might just try to do the same :0

Don't shout at me for lack of progress on my own car, lack of funds is a bitch. :p

Loving the colour, am I right in thinking is a more lighter blue shade of blurple?

thank u all for the kind words, i'll hopefully be able to get the rest of the new pics up during the course of the week, I've quite a few little updates that i havnt been able to show u lot yet so i'll get that done asap. i actually realy like the front end with the plate on now, its kinda civic-esque in how it sits off centre.

it feels soooooooooo gooooooooood to be back, i know its a slow connection but its better than nout!

as for the colour, alot of people have said it looks lighter, and indeed i saw a blurple ep91 a few weeks ago and i thought 'feck me thats darker than mine by ALOT' but the strange thing is that my bootlid and spoiler werent repainted, so it cant be that different!!!!

i'll get the photo updates added over the next few days in order of how they were done.

Phil.

ok photobucket works again!

so, updates. between Jays pics and the one above u pretty much have a rough idea of how the car now looks exterior wise. until i can doctor the number plates tho i cant show the positioning of the front plate and how the exhaust now sits or my sexy pink TC Fellow badges on the rear window, but i'll get on to that soon. door cards will hopefully be completed tomorrow if they fit this time round! if they dont i'll cry my little blue eyes out! u'v all seen the rays and im sure no one wants to see the horrible damage so i wont waste your time with pics of it...its tear jerking stuff!

so, in order of how they came about:

August saw the fuse cover redone, the horns colour coded and wired and a funky 10disc old skool changer from Trevor that i colour coded, just need to find the connector on ebay for it now!

DSC_0080.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

a couple of days later saw the TRD decal and the rear interior finally completed with the carpeting of the interior bootlid panel.

DSC_0091.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

and september saw the illuminated ignition barrel and number plate and tc badges (pics to follow). as u can see, retro fitting of an illuminated ignition barrel is not really too smooth, seems toyota must have made seperate steering wheel panels for them and good luck finding those!!!! u'd need a breaker with an illuminated barrel, no chance! I've got it to sit a bit better than its shown in the pic below but i dont mind the gap, lets mmore of the green light shine out. its wired into the open-door alarm, it comes on when u open the door and then slowly dims after about 20seconds or so, it stays very faintly illuminated when the keys are out of the ignition and the car locked as there is a constant live feed to it i believe and u can even see it pulsing when its really dark, and when driving it appears to turn off totally, i like it! thanks to weejohn once again!

DSC_0092.jpg

enjoy, apologies for such a long delay but hopefully its on the up now!

Phil.

thanks gents!

@Si, i got the horns from Jay lol, they sound alot beefier! alot less feeble!

@Jay, thats great news dude, let me know when its all together and sure i can visit him someday and we can get that bit all cleared up. I've been pricing some bits and bobs for the conversion, i wana get on with this in the coming year.

Phil.

door cards are on. they are not a great fit, we seem to have made a small foobar along the bottom but its nothing serious, cant actually be seen at all so it still looks PRO!!!!

like the ignition barrel, the GT pods are not a retro-fit project that i would recommend, reason being that they are so shallow and there is no room for a speaker behind the door card, so a deeper pod would be better, like wot muddyell has done in his car, but we live and learn and im happy with them. we will run them fitted for a few days to see if any issues arise with them, if all goes smooth then in a few days we'll button it all together with the final 2 screws and the TRD switch surrounds and thats another project completed and i'll get some finished pics up!

Phil.