• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another item I can fully recommend and fresh out of china....

Turbo Blanket :)

post-2707-0-07795100-1377847737_thumb.jp

Went for a drive in my car, could no longer see the heatwave coming out of the vent in my cruise bonnet and could still touch it after a few tickles of boost.

I am gobsmacked. How they hold the heat in so well and how they don't catch fire. Is Impressive!

Can fully recommend these for anyone with a top mounted turbo kit, that's for sure! :)

Great work man!

Two questions;

1. Did you have to take off anything to fit the turbo blanket? Or does it just wrap around then clip together?

2. Cutting out the front slam panel, surely that effects the handling of the car? It surely is a vital piece of your chassis...

Great work man!

Two questions;

1. Did you have to take off anything to fit the turbo blanket? Or does it just wrap around then clip together?

2. Cutting out the front slam panel, surely that effects the handling of the car? It surely is a vital piece of your chassis...

Question 2 has been on my mind since I first saw you did it, I'd also think it was vital :)

Top work as allways though man :)

James

Great work man!

Two questions;

mines is like a wobble board because the last owner smashed it,il be replacin mine with a bolted on bit of stainless.

but it really is non-essential to the cars ridgidity

The strength is all to do with the suspension mounts. Any thing forward can be cut out. You can cut a lot more out if you wanted to.

This ^^^^^^^

Flex forward of the wheel doesn't really effect anything

Rob, look at my build thread, I cut top panel same as socks..

yesterday took George out round his roads, and handling not affected..

matt turbo blanket good idea, but I think im going to get my stuff all ceramic coated over winter..

as don't see too much of it on starlets..

jus a quickie what did you use to get the alloy bits shiney??

keep up good work pal..

Just read your entire build thread and all I can say is EPIC. what a car mate can't believe the amount of time and money you have put into this car and the amazing outcome you have reached from when you bought her. Fair play to you fella and well done :)

Thanks for the kind words fellas...

@Rbz. - On the glanza, the top light support bracket is flimsy as fuck, was never any strength there anyways. The bar that goes just under the lights, is again very flimsy. The bottom square bar is where the strength is. Which has been replaced with a stainless steel bar. So although it doesn't look it, its stiffer then it was before. But as said above, the suspension mountings are the crucial part here...

Regarding the turbo blanket, just hugs the turbo (nice tight fit if you get the right size) and two big springs hold it in place. Easy Peasy! Look on youtube, people hold there hands on the blankets when there cars are on the dyno doing pulls at big boost :D

@JayC - I have a friend who is a polisher. Check him out, he is the dogs at it... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pugz-polishing/305230949574161

ok, been busy with work a lot atm, but the car has been getting fettled a bit... Ironing out a few kinks mainly...

Got the Rad Polished....

post-2707-0-09451300-1378652720.jpg

Just waiting on some new clips from Roose Motorsport and then its going back on...

The biggest ballache, known to man has to be this bootlid though!

Got my hands on a fibreglass bootlid...

post-2707-0-56137500-1378652779.jpg

Quick fit up and it seemed ok, was a fair bit of bodyshop preparation to do though, it certainly isn't a spray some paint on job!

Then realising the manufacturer had made several mistakes! The holes weren't threaded for the hinge mounts, the threaded rivots for the gas struts were the wrong thread and span inside the bootlid. You name it, It fought me!

Anyways, managed to get it somewhere close and Adz gave it the treatment it needed and its now painted... Altho not perfect and still needs more work!

post-2707-0-32072800-1378653019.jpg

Spoiler also got the paint, as pink wasn't my style haha.

post-2707-0-41410700-1378653033.jpg

Got online and ordered a 4mm Hard Coated Poly Rear Window....

post-2707-0-21712700-1378653095.jpg

Soooo Light its a joke! I guess going to 3mm would be even lighter but I wanted it to be as close to stock as possible!

Got the measuring tape out, drill and dremel and cut some holes for you know what....

post-2707-0-17576700-1378653257.jpg

Then several bolts and some sealant later, it looked like this....

post-2707-0-45708100-1378653287.jpg

Then about 30mins later, it looked like this!

post-2707-0-37998600-1378653309.jpg

Still need to get the plastic window glued in, clean the entire car. etc ready for JAE.

Still need to get the duck spoiler resprayed, but yet to separate it from the original bootlid, so don't no how easy or hard that is going to be!

Should be easy enough, in theory!