• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nearly Running for Japfest! In the nick of time too!

Trigger Wheel & Crank Sensor - To Ensure the ECU knows EXACTLY where the pistons are....

post-2707-0-47365300-1368137218.jpg

New Top Rad Hose, Thanks to Paul at Roose Motorsport!

post-2707-0-81331200-1368137458.jpg

3 Inch Boost Pipe is a Snug Fit!

post-2707-0-70286300-1368137464.jpg

Evo 9 Injectors, Cleaned and Flow Tested them, they flow 610cc and are all equal!

post-2707-0-45445300-1368137526.jpg

3 Inch Throttle Body

post-2707-0-60359700-1368137604.jpg

DTA S40 ECU connected up ready to be mapped up!

post-2707-0-46752400-1368137651.jpg

How the engine bay looks now:

post-2707-0-79352000-1368137690.jpg

The Catch Tank & Expansion Tank wont be finished in time for Japfest so pipes are just going to drain to the floor for now... Going to use the standard expansion tank for now too!

The bay is looking so much cleaner now, there is still more I can and will be doing to clean and simplify the engine bay further...

Chances are tho, this is how it will look for those who will be at Japfest... So much unpolished metal and Im unsure how clean ill be able to get it before tomorrow as I'm not staying up till daft o clock or ill be soooo tired on way home from Japfest!

Ricky will be doing as much mapping as he can too.... Unsure if it will have a completed map for Japfest so may not have all the bhp or boost.... Ill just be pleased if it makes it atm... haha.

Agree'd, it looks fucking shit hot!!

Two things I have to pick up on;

1. Intercooler pipe RIGHT next to the rad, you gona be reflective taping that for heat soak issues?

2. That racetech badge on the inlet manifold, looks like it's been blue tacked on there by a child.

Still, amazing work.

Agree'd, it looks fucking shit hot!!

Two things I have to pick up on;

1. Intercooler pipe RIGHT next to the rad, you gona be reflective taping that for heat soak issues?

2. That racetech badge on the inlet manifold, looks like it's been blue tacked on there by a child.

Still, amazing work.

1, The rads don't get that hot tbh.... And mad amounts of air id guess the pipe will stay icey cold... Only one way to find out tho hey! :p

2, Its going to be welded all the way round, it needs to come back off as there is no thermal gasket on there at the moment :)

It was just to cover up a mark as RT moved the cable mount :)

Thanks bud... The bay is still a mess like lol. But I will be at JF today is the moment of truth, first start! lol

As most of you know.... Didn't make it to Japfest... Was a big shame and I was gutted... Everything that could have fought us... DID JUST THAT!

First issue, was a coil was down... So had to scoot to Manchester to a breakers for a replacement.

Brought it back to Race-Tech about 4pm ish.

Sticky Throttle Body, when we fixed it and re-sealed it on the sealant wanted 24hours to dry, we didn't have that amount of time and after 45mins we fired it up. It soon started leaking and the idle started to rise...

Completely Dead Battery

MAP Sensor came loose, which required Inlet to be taken off to fix.

These are just some of the issues that fought us, ended up leaving Race-Tech at 10:30pm.... Got home for just after 11pm.... Got to bed 11:30pm, then up for Japfest at 1am....

Still awake now posting this having been awake for 37 hours! With very little sleep....

Ricky and his team worked SOOOO Hard to try and get it finished in time...

But it wasn't going to happen....

200miles+, Completely Untested and Unmapped Car, Many Bodges and temporary stuff just to try get it running for japfest!

post-2707-0-12226800-1368304427.jpg

A picture of when we threw the towel in at 10:30pm....

So as of the start of next week, the bodges and temporary fixes can be undone and done properly...

The ETA now is looking like next week, mapped up :)

Really Looking Forward To Getting It Back Now!