Steves ***new*** Ep82 Gt Turbo

haha il try matey just hope i dont OD on prescritions B)B)

true sexual service from Monster Motorspport there and a big help :lol:

off with socks soon to weigh in his cat. if he doesnt get much for it then i think im going to knock the fuck out of the insides of my cat till i can afford the de-cat B)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha il try matey just hope i dont OD on prescritions B)B)

true sexual service from Monster Motorspport there and a big help :lol:

off with socks soon to weigh in his cat. if he doesnt get much for it then i think im going to knock the fuck out of the insides of my cat till i can afford the de-cat B)

Let us know how much you get for the Cat mate, i have a spare one here.... B)

i weighed in 2 last year from my black gt and they wouldnt believe me it was a cat. he said he'd seen millions of them and they were pre-cats and worth fuck all. he gave me 4 quid for it which i knew was shite but i needed them out the way lol

i weighed in 2 last year from my black gt and they wouldnt believe me it was a cat. he said he'd seen millions of them and they were pre-cats and worth fuck all. he gave me 4 quid for it which i knew was shite but i needed them out the way lol

Some people are just gimps! and he's one of them! :lol:

Just as long as you don't use the Starlet to hunt children! You can hunt me anytime you like though :lol:

Be careful what you wish for my good man B)

Some people are just gimps! and he's one of them! B)

He was indeed

What boost problems babe? If that doesn't work, try search for JAM Actuators - a few guys had them for sale on TGTT; they seem to be the most stable of actuators as some people still experienced Boost creep with the HKS actuators, whereas the JAM (in my case at least) was perfect. Running seemingly the recipe of disaster for boost creep (no air filter, front mount, Blitz downpipe), I had no creep whatsoever, and the JAM actuator would hold boost awesomely - even nearing the redline it would only drop a PSI maximum

WOW that was quick!!

LOL @ the MJ joke B)

I went to weigh in loads of shite with my mates including my mani and decat and they wouldnt give me £2.50 for both B):lol: numpties!!!

That should do the trick mate!!

If not whack a TD06 20G on there with a nice fat external wastegate B) B)

ghey - I had an issue recently, had a bleed valve connected to the turbo, and about a year ago I'd see no boost - like, 2psi, 3psi tops; Rick then removed the screw from the bleed valve and, ouila, boost!

where abouts was the bleed valve ricco cause this boost aint good at all. i got the actuator turned up past what i consider acceptable and its only still showing up on the gauge as 0.6 bar. but the actuators been turned 15 times and is about 3 cm near the end of the thread which is supposed to be rated at 1.1 bar :lol:

something isnt right

Right after being convinced the problem to the shite boost was down to the standard actuator i bought a HKS one and got it fitted

Got the old actuator off and yes it was fucked. it was so lose and crap it was unreal

got the new actuator on and set it like the standard one was, took it for a spin and was hitting 0.4 bar still

gave it 5 turns on the pin to shorten it and then it was o.45 ish so gave it another 10 turns and it was at 0.6 bar. now this seemed a lot of turns for such small gains and from what i remember from my black gt it only took a few turns to get the boost a bit higher

So I've taken some pictures (not brill quality as the digital cameras dead) but you can get the general gist of it. What i need from you lovely people is opinions from the pics if the actuators wound too far up for just 0.6 bar of boost cause where it is i think it should be running well more

Photo0202.jpg

Photo0201.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality :lol:

thanks

well there is a crack in the mani and until i save up some dolla for a stainless mani im going to get it welded tonight as a temporary solution so that might help a bit. but i just cant see it making a huge difference and im not even sure if the cracks gone all the way through cause i cant hear a leak when driving. might have to check the turbo though sometime cause theres deffo something not right

THIS CAR IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeh it may be wound to the wrong place on the actuator for what the boost should be and yeah it may have a welded manifold but for the first time since i got it it actually feels like a real GT.

Its boosting very nice and strong at 0.7 bar now which im happy with. The magnecore leads are on and iridium spark plugs too. The boost problem aint at the back of my mind yet but i can rest a lot easier now knowing its nice and strong.

Next job is deffo front mount then its hard saving for a month or 2 for a full exhaust system from front to back and i think for now a port and polish on the tubby might be a good idea. Then we can start playing with a bit more boost and an uprated fuel pump :lol:

but for tonight im happy B)

more than any woman (or riko) could ever make me :lol:

cheers dude B)

Take that back NAO! Or I won't do that thing with the chilli pepper, feather and latex gloves anymore B)

Have you tried a functional stock Actuator to see if the problem is not with the actuator itself and rather somewhere in the vacuum plumbing, intercooler piping etc?