I was going to leave the EFI pipe out but I had no choise as I wanted to use my apexi filter. I can't front mount it as I want to keep my AC.

Have you considered using a smaller condenser like for example out of a civic for your air con unit that way you could mount the relocated air filter in the more preferred position?

I have heard of the Japanese doing this but I havnt done much investigating nor have I seen any examples in the metal but maybe an interesting idea for you to try.

Lovely Glanza mate looks like a very clean example best of luck with it :thumbsup:

Edited by DudFunk
  • Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you considered using a smaller condenser like for example out of a civic for your air con unit that way you could mount the relocated air filter in the more preferred position?

I have heard of the Japanese doing this but I havnt done much investigating nor have I seen any examples in the metal but maybe an interesting idea for you to try.

Lovely Glanza mate looks like a very clean example best of luck with it :thumbsup:

Actually I had a thought about that, but didn't even google if it can be done or not. I'll have a look, thanks mate. :)

Actually I had a thought about that, but didn't even google if it can be done or not. I'll have a look, thanks mate. :)

No worries I believe Sacha at WEPR has experience fitting these to customers cars in Malta using universal condensers, may be worth your while to pm him for sizes/specs etc im sure he would be willing to help and you should be able to find some more locally once you know what size you need etc happy hunting mate 8)

Yeah, the NA rode so well, just had to get it! Already have some lowering springs coming for it, so maybe I'll have to set up a build thread later. :)

R5 was found from the back yard of our garage. The owner was a renault enthusiast who didn't have time for the car anymore and thus the car had sat out for three years and inside a few years before that. It still ran when given gas and battery, so no major problems! Car was imported to Finland from California in the 90´s i guess, I think there are only 2 of these LeCars in Finland. It's a standard 1.4 carb, but it has the original 13" Alpine Turbo rims. :) There's hardly no rust and overall condition is very good. The plans are to tidy it up a little and then turn the torsion bars as low as possible and cruise it with gentleman's hats on and a basket of french loaf and red wine at the back seat. :D

by the way. it cost only 300€ which is a bargain for a rarity like that!

Edit: Oh yeah and the Alpine turbo is known as Gordini in europe. :)

Edited by whitestar

Love the wheel setup and stance on this, I've always liked 16's and think I may go down that route myself.

Question - I see you have 195/40 on a 7.5 which gives a tiny bit of stretch, how do you find the traction / grip with these? And they're Falken tyres aren't they, how would you rate them?

Love the wheel setup and stance on this, I've always liked 16's and think I may go down that route myself.

Question - I see you have 195/40 on a 7.5 which gives a tiny bit of stretch, how do you find the traction / grip with these? And they're Falken tyres aren't they, how would you rate them?

Thanks! I too think that 16's fill the arches just perfectly. :)

195/40/16 bit stretched feels ok to me, but can't really compare as I've never driven fast on for example 195/50/15. They feel quite hard of course, but with decent suspension it's not that bad.

These Falkens seem to be quite hard compound as this set has lasted me 3 summers already and propably will go even fourth, just have to swap the rears to front. They seem to be very slippery when wet too. Although the hard suspension, low profile of the tyres and the slight stretch might affect that also. I've still been very happy with them, might even get another set when time comes!

it definitely can be done i did it on my car

Thanks! I too think that 16's fill the arches just perfectly. :)

195/40/16 bit stretched feels ok to me, but can't really compare as I've never driven fast on for example 195/50/15. They feel quite hard of course, but with decent suspension it's not that bad.

These Falkens seem to be quite hard compound as this set has lasted me 3 summers already and propably will go even fourth, just have to swap the rears to front. They seem to be very slippery when wet too. Although the hard suspension, low profile of the tyres and the slight stretch might affect that also. I've still been very happy with them, might even get another set when time comes!

Thanks for the info dude, appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi buddy! Yeah I really hope it will surprice me in a positive way. :D The car has been awesome, everything works like a charm. I've been enjoying the JAM ecu you sold me but now I've been thinking of changing to megasquirt. :) I know that I could get some more power quite easily with mappable ecu and a friend of mine knows a fair bit of MS. He even offered to assemble and map it for me so it really is tempting!

Trying to get this tubby hooked up tonight or tomorrow. I'll update here the first impressions! :)

Edited by whitestar