• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome updates mate! Awesome example too. One of my favourite on the forum, everything you've done is what i want to do. Fancy a swap?

Looking forward to having you on our stand buddy!

Not sure by how much Amjad, but to touch with the hand it's alot cooler after a spirited drive! With regards to the oil cooler, I would say on your NA you should be ok? But when boosted, I feel it's 100% required, once Oil get too hot, it looses its viscosity and lubrication characteristics! Again, the baffled sump is something I wanted for peace of mind, when I blew the standard engine it was due to oil starvation once side of the bearings, however, my oil was low, and it was a long fast corner. If you're Going for anything like R888 spec tyres, again I feel the extra grip when pushing it hard round a corner could soon cause problems with the bottom end. Have a word with dean and tell Him I've sent you along, he'll sort it for you :)

This is for my GT now, saw oil temps getting to 110c last time it was on track! Yeah I'd rather be safe than sorry with the car as I'll be using it as my daily ride. I'll definitely try to get some sort of cooling going, I'll drop you a PM about the sump now :)

Awesome updates mate! Awesome example too. One of my favourite on the forum, everything you've done is what i want to do. Fancy a swap?

Looking forward to having you on our stand buddy!

Cheers man, it's these comments that make it worth while :)

And thnkyou for having me on the stand, I'm looking forward to it. Ill be arriving about 11 though just to let you know, got work for a couple of hours first unfortunately! My track time is at 3:20, and my mates is at 4:00 :)

[qiuote name=Spoon_tuned" post="832588" timestamp="1367613057]Very nice mate. But where the hell did you get that car jack lol i need one!!

sill jack, get em from most half decent tool suppliers

Yeah you can see them on the net, between roughly £1000-£1500, the one I'm using at the min is Matt Walters'. He's moved to Aus, so I've got it for a while. Can't thank him enough to be honest.

This is for my GT now, saw oil temps getting to 110c last time it was on track! Yeah I'd rather be safe than sorry with the car as I'll be using it as my daily ride. I'll definitely try to get some sort of cooling going, I'll drop you a PM about the sump now :)

Ahh on the turbo I would defiantly reccomend getting an oil cooler!!

And I've replied to your PM dude :)

A tip for anyone, if your gearbox is out for some reason, ALWAYS change the release bearing.

Mine went 4 days after putting the clutch back in, last night I changed it.

On the plus side, I can now remove a 4efte gearbox in 45 mins! hahaa!

i know whos doin mine when it needs doin lol

If you've got a ramp I'll do it, not on my back though haha!!!

Managed to buy one of MattD's tracktimes sessions for castle coombe! I've got a feeling its going to be wet, which means lift off oversteer haha!!

If you've got a ramp I'll do it, not on my back though haha!!!

Managed to buy one of MattD's tracktimes sessions for castle coombe! I've got a feeling its going to be wet, which means lift off oversteer haha!!

hahaha you nut job jamie ! mine wont survive a track session atm :( Edited by Starbo Moorley

Epic fail, filled the car with box oil last night, went for Millers Motosport 75/90, and the noise is still there.

We're 90% sure it's the gearbox, which is expected with the amount of power and abuse it's had. It doesn't select gears at the best of times any way under full load. Luckily I have the other Glanza sat there, only ever ran 0.6bar on a ct9 all it's life and feels smooth so should be ok.

Clearly wont have time to swap the gearbox's over before Japfest, especially as I need to split them and change the Quaife LSD over.

So the plan is, get to Castle Coombe, give it everything on track, if it goes bang, so be it, if not, it's the first job to do when were back

J

• 2 weeks later...

So after the last update, I've temporarily sprayed my cage black and fitted it for japfest at combe.

null_zpsd155f6e5.jpgnull_zpsd155f6e5.jpg

null_zps107b283c.jpg

Also stripped the front down and cleaned everything up, inner arch liners out and re-wax oiled everything. Looking fresh again

null_zps3e1cd0b9.jpg

null_zps7ab5508b.jpg

null_zps4245f2b2.jpg

With the gearbox whining, I said I would take a steady drive down to coombe, not long into the journey, I couldn't resist

null_zpse194f9b8.jpg

Anyway, after we got out tickets for japfest from the meet point, I thought I'd head out to the track early to get the car ready for the stand. Worst mistake me and my mate did..

We were all on stop waiting to be directed into the track, then..... BANG! Fucking rear ended by some twat of a cunting wanker in a works van, obviously on his phone or something as he didnt even attempt to brake. He went into the back of my mates EG Civic, which in tun pushed him straight into me.

Feel for my mate in the civic as it is completely fucked, and his first time to japfest, luckily mine hasn't came out too bad as his civic actually went underneath my car. Only damaging my spare wheel well, exhaust and bumper!

Here's some pics :angry2:

null_zpsfed536c1.jpg

null_zpsf1734f3f.jpg

null_zps13feef74.jpg

Just shows you have quick these things happen, couldn't believe it. There was people in high viz everywhere directing people as well!

Here's some pics of mine;

null_zps9f5b2177.jpg

null_zpsfe06cd61.jpg

null_zps28d93cbd.jpg

Nothing too bad luckily.

Any way, we stayed at the show, and headed off home. I didnt bother with track A) because of the morning incident 8) gearbox was hanging out its arse!

Made it to Micheal Wood Services, found a Burger King and rang the RAC. I think it would have made it home, but I didnt want to damage the Quaife,

null_zps90995a06.jpg

null_zpsba7448a0.jpg

With PPC @ Mallory only a week away and booked some track sessions, I had a week to fix my box.

This is where the 'low blow' Glanza comes in quite handy. Nipped over to Birmingham to pick up an N/A Starlet box on the Wednesday night, then Thursday started working on it.

Track slag out, low blow in..

null_zps725f3a6b.jpg

Took the Turbo box off the 'low blow'

null_zps482d121b.jpg

null_zps03c6352b.jpg

N/A Box vs Glanza box

null_zpsf5f109c4.jpg

And the N/A box fitted to the low blow

null_zpsced621c3.jpg

We left it at that for Thursday evening. This left me with 1 night to get my Glanza ready for track :thumbsup:

First things first was to get the knackered box out.

Me and my mate took it out, recorded it on the go-pro. 32mins it took us lol

low blow out, track slag in..

null_zps72a05488.jpg

Knackered box out

null_zps77fa14ac.jpg

Then I split the box to get my Quaife LSD out

null_zps0cfd8645.jpg

Found some nice pieces of metal stuck to the magnet

null_zpsa0fa2e3e.jpg

Then we had to split the box out the low blow to fit the Quaife

null_zpsf03ccf86.jpg

Quaife sat in place

null_zpsa98f7f13.jpg

null_zpsfbfde997.jpg

And back together :yahoo:

null_zpsab2d7a98.jpg

And she was done.

null_zps311de00f.jpg

null_zpsa25e60ed.jpg

Took her for a spin, gave her a quick clean, and was in bed for roughly half 4am!!

Next morning, after waking up late (no surprise), we set off for Mallory Park

null_zpsfee245c6.jpg

Liam kindly let us park on the Tokyo Collective stand (which I hope to be on again in the future)

null_zps8145aaa1.jpg

null_zps7c93135b.jpg

And here's some in-car footage, the white 205's were going really well. The first one I pass was a turbo'd Pug engine, the second one I catch up to Is Constella's EVO ENGINED 205! On full power it makes 605bhp, and runs 10's down Santa Pod. Not sure what he was running round Mallory, but it felt good knowing what car it was!

Check the link here:

The car ran awesome all day, the only thing that let us down was a CV joint on the n/s. The grease had got that hot it had turned to water! Race spec grease is needed. (This is why I pulled to the side early)

Jamie

Edited by Jamie1st

I heard about the accident, didn't realise it was that bad! What a fucking cock!

You were luck too as the spare wheel well on these are like cheese!

Yeah I can't believe how well It has came out from it, my spare wheel well was bent a little but straightened most of it out

No worries on the stand mate, was a pleasure! You're more than welcome If you're ever struggling again!

cheers dude! Ill prob take you up on that offer lol

lookin good buddy shiter about yours and your mate car tho

Cheers man!