Cant beat strong brakes matey!

Car looks great... any more plans for her?

u need a HDI intercooler core to fill the Varis up! :)

Tell me about it!

Cheers dude, yeah exterior and interior next I think. Also get the engine out over winter to remove ABS and all unnecessary stuff!

Yeah tell me about it man!

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Few pictures of the car at Ashby Folville show:

Something abit different

null-18.jpg

And the other cars I went down with, mk4 Golf, Slammed! Astra van, b16 Civic

null-17.jpg

Thought it was time I got my lightweight fly wheel on, so got the box off!

null-14.jpg

null-16.jpg

null-13.jpg

All was going well untill I took the clutch off, its foooked!!

null-12.jpg

null-9.jpg

Thats been sent off to be re-lined and the pressure plate skimmed, should be back today!

Standard flywheel vs Toms/Cusco lightened fly wheel, HUGE difference in weight so looking forward to trying it. Weighed the after market one and it came back at 4.3kg, however the scales werent the best so want to get a more accurate measurement before I stick it in.

null-5.jpg

null-6.jpg

Also had this turn up today from CJ Performance, Rep OMP.

null.jpg

null-2.jpg

null-4.jpg

Hopefully pick the clutch up tonight, get the flywheel/clutch and gearbox on. Fit the steering wheel and a few other jobs ready for Silverstone Sunday!

Just waiting on an order from Opie Oils to give it a service and it will be ready to go :)

• 3 months later...

Jamie just been watching a few vid of you car on YouTube and how do you get the chatter sound when on external ????

Thanks

Deffo haven't been on here in ages! RWD has taken over at the min, I'll update soon

No D/V dude, only took it off as I thought it was leaking. Never put it back on!

• 2 months later...

Jamie what tyres are you using and how have you found them?

I'm looking at tyres to use on my GT on track in the Summer. I used T1-Rs before which were crap and started melting lol. I've used Rainsport 2s which were really good on my NA but after about 15mins the grip started dropping off. Been reading around and Parada's haven't got great reviews either (they're said to overheat as they're too soft). I'd love some Yoko AD08s but can't go spending £300 on tyres :(

Jamie what tyres are you using and how have you found them?

I'm looking at tyres to use on my GT on track in the Summer. I used T1-Rs before which were crap and started melting lol. I've used Rainsport 2s which were really good on my NA but after about 15mins the grip started dropping off. Been reading around and Parada's haven't got great reviews either (they're said to overheat as they're too soft). I'd love some Yoko AD08s but can't go spending £300 on tyres :(

Hey dude, running parada spec 2's, found them to be decent for a low cost tyre. Around castle coombe last year I destroyed a set of rears as they had got that hot (tight track, lift off over steer) the rubber started to come off in long strings lol. I'd recommend them, but ill be going semi slicks soon

Hmm interesting! Not sure whether to go for them as I've got a 4 hour open pitlane booked for Japfest 2. Don't wanna have to come off because I run out of tyre haha

If they are fresh/alot of treat you will be fine mate, I'm on open pit lane all day!