• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fooooook me them pads are welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll used haha onwards and upwards as they say :)

Hahaa, yeah they needed uprating to be fair!

Wms kit ???

You'll have to wait and see ;)

jamie how did you get that stuff out the boot do you think a heat gun will do it ???

Hammer and scraper or something like that.

The pad look quality. Good work using them up

Haha, cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Been ages since I did an update so here goes;

Well whilst waiting for my brake to arrive, I started to do abit of work on the car. After being underneath modifying my front mount brackets I spotted more huge cracks that must have happened at Donnington. Parts effected were my Race-Tech down pipe and screamer (again). So this pissed me off!!

Any ways, got them off and in for tig welding. Charged me a tenner which I couldn't complain at.

31c0fe41.jpg

066ea1e9.jpg

a1b2f5a1.jpg

Fixed;

884bde1a.jpg

Andy (TKDellis) was selling his old Varis bumper, so went and picked this up and put a silver bonnet on! Think it looks much cleaner!

376e2604.jpg

If anyone finds a Glanza S bonnet in 1a0 silver, let me know!!

Well received an email last Wednesday night off Mike @ Tuning Developments letting me know that my brakes had arrived!

Some sexy K-Sport 6 pots!

Here's a pic Mike tagged me in on FB, couldn't believe the size of the calliper!

eb1117b1.jpg

I wasn't planning on taking the car to USC, but after these turned I had to get them on and get the car down there! Luckily my dad was free on Wednesday and collected them whilst I was at work (Thanks Dad!!)

Here's what I arrived home to!

3ea091f2.jpg

The discs make standard ones look silly!

e20fb017.jpg

3736e604.jpg

f71058ad.jpg

Same with the callipers!

633f739d.jpg

193baefc.jpg

ae1e0be2.jpg

63311128.jpg

Picture of the whole setup what was received. I had EBC Yellow stuff pads, as apparently the standard Ksport ones aren't the best, was surprised to see what the pads fit :D

Epic win!

62b8dc91.jpg

So set about fitting them, shimmed them central and torqued everything up and was left with this!

8b636254.jpg

4f212152.jpg

Next challenge was getting wheels to fit, my wheels weren't with me as they were away for powder coating (Unfortunately the bloke who was doing them passed away in a car accident, never even met him, such a shame :( RIP x )

When I picked them up I offered them up the the brakes, they rubbed, but only just! So went and picked some 3mm spacers up, and they still rubbed :( Got some 5/6mm spacers, and boom! They fit a fakkking treat! :D

Loook soooo nice tucked right up against the wheel! (Wheels deffo need a refurb though!)

8ede4521.jpg

6dda1a1f.jpg

b66e51f6.jpg

Couldn't believe it, the car was ready for USC!

That was untill.... I checked my MOT and TAX. Epic fail on my behalf, it had ran out about 5 days ago! Luckily, a mate of mine managed to pull a few strings and get me an MOT test for the following morning @ 7am. Passed with a couple of advisories (Perished bush) but these will all be going poly bushed come next month any way! So it was off to Santa Pod straight from the MOT.

Felt nice driving her again, didn't try the brakes out too much as i let them bed in all the way there and back. Took it out for a spin last night and I am more then impressed with the brakes, and look forward to giving them a proper thrashing at Silverstone next month!

Here's a few random pics from USC.

880994bd.jpg

565c122a.jpg

621c7d78.jpg

ecb32aaf.jpg

Fucking loveing this EP dude credit to you..Shame about the cracked down pipe but there always something to shot the spanner in the works!!! but you just keep plodding on and fixing what ever brakes!..Keep it up matey :)

Fucking loveing this EP dude credit to you..Shame about the cracked down pipe but there always something to shot the spanner in the works!!! but you just keep plodding on and fixing what ever brakes!..Keep it up matey :)

Cheers man :) Yeah, always something! Just accept it these days lol!

Brakes a fucking awesome dude, they are the ones i wanted but couldnt afford them so went for Wms instead!

Shame to see the Racetech stuff cracked again :( but glad you have sorted it without too much hassle.

Are you on track at Trax? if so ill see you there.

Looking awesome mate! Hope to be tharshing round track with you some time soon in the ep85 :)

Cheers mate, yeah get it sorted!!

Damn they are some big brakes ;)

I wondered what was different about the front lol... :lol:

One of the best mods I've done, they were well over due lol

Lovely.

:)

Brakes a fucking awesome dude, they are the ones i wanted but couldnt afford them so went for Wms instead!

Shame to see the Racetech stuff cracked again :( but glad you have sorted it without too much hassle.

Are you on track at Trax? if so ill see you there.

Yeah, expensive but I know they're tried and tested, and they will see alot of hard track use!!

And yeah, Ill be at Trax, on track!

Looking sweet mate :) what eyebrows are they? they fit quite nicely compared to some that I have seen and its looking mean :D

looking sweet Jamie i do miss that front bumper tho haha

keep up the good work

:thumbsup:

I knew you would Andy hahaa. Im not selling it back either ;)

Cheers man

Looking sweet mate :) what eyebrows are they? they fit quite nicely compared to some that I have seen and its looking mean :D

Cheers dude

Just off ebay! From China/Japan/Kazakhstan or something, about £50, real carbon!