• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly lads, i see this fairly regular and the pics realy dont do it justice!! its epic! gonna b am utter legend of a car :D well till it hits boost and tourqe steers into a bush haha ;)

I might leave it un painted and polish it up. See how it goes.

All I've got to do is run the wire from the arming switch back to the ecu for launch and flat shit. Wrap the loom up inside the car. Put seats in. Test fuel system for leaks. Fit turbo when it's back from Owen developments. Weld the centre exhaust to down pipe. Put rear callipers back on. Give my wheels to my mate to get painted and tyres fitted. And then a bit of road mapping up to my work for the mot

Was a tittle tricky. Done most of it just using the button on the touch. But the other night I decided to have a play with the foot pedal. Still havnt got the settings spot on but finding it alot nicer to weld with the pedal

yeah i will get a foot pedal for mine eventually if i do some aluminium work. from what ive read its a good thing to have with the aluminium taking up so much of the heat. what rods are you using 5556? where do you get your bits of sheet and pipes from?

The cars really coming on now!

Edited by Bean

You can feed the heat in alot nicer with a pedal. Definatly worth getting one. I'm using 4043 rods and my dad uses a company to make profiled guttering and dranage components for roofs. He spends 10k odd a month with then so the bits I get don't cost me nothing :)

Awesome work, that tank looks ace. Polish it up or have it powder coated the same colour as the cam cover imo. :D

This is probably the best engine bay on the forum imo (no offence to all the other awesome looking bays)!

Been working away making this. Just got to finish off the engine breather side and make the mounting brackets. Then paint it black. For people who want to know its a rad overflow tank and engine breather collector

EE29AFED-DD4A-4BC5-8054-06A1AFB634A8-153

Nooo don't spray it, polish it. It's what allys for, nice shiny bits that will never rust :D

I will defo have videos once done :)

Finished the bracket off for the hazard switch last night. Just mashed it together quick. Still need to add some ribs to it.

5B7A9FA0-A794-4485-B113-9D01E507EE72-181

71C7A292-9341-4F3F-A65B-19E2F0F22FA6-181

89FCA31C-793D-4490-854D-F242F5BF0620-181

C46BCAFC-A005-4B34-87E4-06DACF431207-181

The avcr's are a bit crazy. Think I've work out the basics

still doing bits and bobs. im going to run the fuel in sequential mode now. this needs a cam sensor. so thought i might as well get it all up and running now. was just going to use batch fire to get me going first. should be big progress in the next few weeks :) mapping will start as soon as its running

Right. New turbos paid for :s should get it back tomorrow :) Then if the other bits turn up before the weekend I should have it running next week. Got Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday off next week. So lots of hours to spend getting the car ready to drive :)