Taggys EP70 Boxy, Forged TD04, 5E-FTE

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it was torture it sitting there not being able to drive it, when i knew how much of a mad machine it was!! Strangely though it will be quicker when its back together as i found the boost leak when i took it apart on my external wastegate and explained why my boost was all over the shop when it was mapped.

Just got it started and running this evening before the sun went down, its got some noticeable cold piston slap now since i honed the block when you rev it, but it seems to settle once its warmed up, although i think this is normal with forged pistons.

Off to tuning developements Thursday morning AGAIN! i am a bit paranoid about driving the car there and back, i might trailer it, what do you think. I have got to run the piston rings in tomorrow just before i go, talking about a tight deadline!!

Edited by Taggy

Just got it started and running this evening before the sun went down, its got some noticeable cold piston slap now since i honed the block when you rev it, but it seems to settle once its warmed up, although i think this is normal with forged pistons.

Off to tuning developements Thursday morning AGAIN! i am a bit paranoid about driving the car there and back, i might trailer it, what do you think. I have got to run the piston rings in tomorrow just before i go, talking about a tight deadline!!

Quality Taggy hope all goes to plan and you get to the bottom of the issue you had, looking forward to seeing it at Japfest :)

John

Mine has piston slap from cold taggy, common with forged builds, as the pistons expand a fair amount when they warm up. Mines still going strong after about 18months of hard hard abuse!

Look forward to seeing the car at japfest!

I have postponed the trip to TD until the 8th, havent got enough time to run the car in as much as i would like with a day to spare, gonna wait until i get back from holiday from Crete or a week :)

also thank you to everyone for the support fixing it

• 3 weeks later...

The motherfucker is done, finally!!!

Finished road testing the thing at 8:30pm! got a small oil leak but i am going to have to live with it for the time being.

Got the car detailed today and it came up lovely, well chuffed with it and also put in an AEM wideband so no more bloody melting pistons with any luck.

Stealth warrior is back in the house!!

IMAG0304_zpsd4c227b3.jpg

IMAG0305_zpsd716a578.jpg

Now to get my hands on some track time on the day, gonna get a session in and see how it goes, will try not to go too mental.

Got two go pros fitted to the car too, so gonna get some good in car footage :)

Edited by Taggy