sorry to hear this bud! not good!

Phil.

Me too mate, getting pretty sick of it now. I'm picking up distributor tomorrow to see if it resolves the lack of running cylinders.

Hopefully it's just a bad spell and nothing too serious lurking.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheer Mickey

build it....race it....break it...fix it ..and repeat! :)

good luck!

More like build it... it breaks... fix it... it breaks lol

Uh oh........hope it's nothing too serious mate!

I will find out in about 3 hours, will keep everyone in the loop.

I am prepared for whatever the bugger has to throw at me. Just priced up a Full Toyota Engine Gasket Set, 0.5mm USDM Paseo Head Gasket, head bolts, new distributor cap & rotor arm and a set of Toyota Rings.

Just shy of £130 Bargain!

I will not be beaten, come at me bro!

Edited by chrisgreen1993

Tell me about it mate.

In the event that it needs pulled out again and rings or valve stem oil seals done. Would anyone be interested in buying the car or be interested in the parts?

I need to weigh up my options here as I need something reliable for work and it just isn't suitable to be using it ever day.

Chris dont give up, seems that engine is a doose, threw it in the corner and fire a 1.3 in again, its rough to say this but look at the price off N/a starlets, there not making much. Fix it as you will only regret it. Wish id never sold my sr but will be in one again soon so i need a starlet buddy lol

Tell me about it mate.

In the event that it needs pulled out again and rings or valve stem oil seals done. Would anyone be interested in buying the car or be interested in the parts?

I need to weigh up my options here as I need something reliable for work and it just isn't suitable to be using it ever day.

I'd be interested in the Remix front bumper mate. I'm sure it won't come to breaking it up though? as said even if it comes to throwing a n/a engine back in, you can get them for cheap now!

At the moment, I'm working in an area that's not easy to get to. I will have to get 3 buses at a cost of £11 a day for a journey that takes 20 minutes in the car.

I really am losing interest at the moment. I cant keep chucking money at it just to make it run. It owes me a fortune now and it's still not working. Money isn't really the issue, I have a bit put away for things like this, but it is a huge inconvenience.

I may look into buying a cheap daily, but I know that interest will be lost and I won't be bothered with it.