I love my starlet... and so do the police!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've also lost count lol. The police seem to go mental this time of the year. Last year this time I was pulled I think 3 times in ONE week :s. One I was parked up already and he asked me to get out etc for a check, 2nd I was apparently suspicious driving around at 3am (true I guess lol!) and another I was pulled and drug searched because I was sat in a layby out the way with a lady, police went the other way with blues on and apparently called me in and sent someone else to come check on me by which time I was already moving lol. Pulled me, searched me and the lass, car, moaned at me for carrying a baseball bat in the boot and I went home lol!

Also followed earlier this year by an undercover, he overtook me to get a friend in front (and me at the same time I presume) so I pulled over and turned around LOL... To be fair I'd done nothing wrong and I couldn't be arsed with agro for being in "convoy" since Nottinghamshire police see two cars driving near each other as an anti social behavior... Tried to accuse the guy in front for speeding and said he was going to ban him for 12 months and that he was also "going to get me" too. Never heard anything from it...

Been followed by another undercover for about 5 miles, so I went around a roundabout twice to let him know I knew what he was doing, he then flashed his lights at me, overtook me when I pulled over and then drove past my house as I was getting out my car and gave me the evils...

I respect the police, I have friends in the force and family friends etc. However I don't entirely agree with their views on cars and having a bit of fun here and there. Sure there are limits. But I can't help but feel caged and bullied when I can't go for a drive in my own time, not hurting anyone, having time to myself etc, and being pulled over and searched, questioned, hassled, threatened and lied to just because they're wearing a uniform.

Saying all that I haven't been pulled since about march... Lets see how long that lasts now its that time of year again lol.... I'm ranting.

Think it was three in the green one, once for my front number plate, and then once for apprantly not wearing my belt until he seen I was wearing the OMP harness :lol: and the worst was getting pulled by police and Vosa and basically having my car impounded, for window tints and performance exhaust. Had to get it re mot'd to check it was 'safe for the road' which it was and passed first time with no advisories!

Only once in the glanza, to check that I haven't kidnapped anybody.

17 times, 17 months. Checked all my detail and then let me go on my way. Never done for anything, never wih them longer than 10 mins talking. Havent been stopped in about a year and a half since the last time. Still makes me laugh tho that whenever they pulled me over the always said my car was a TOYOTA some sort of saloon car. Lol

lost count...

once I was driving with my girlfriend to a restaurant... got stopped on the parking lot so we both get out the car (im in holland so normaly lhd) and he asked the girlfriend for her driverslicense...

she responded she didn't had one. the cop suddenly got some twinkles in his eyes and started to ask for her name etc... I told him to look in the car and handed over my driverslicense.

I love to drive a RHD car in the Netherlands :D

lost count...

once I was driving with my girlfriend to a restaurant... got stopped on the parking lot so we both get out the car (im in holland so normaly lhd) and he asked the girlfriend for her driverslicense...

she responded she didn't had one. the cop suddenly got some twinkles in his eyes and started to ask for her name etc... I told him to look in the car and handed over my driverslicense.

I love to drive a RHD car in the Netherlands :D

Haha that's awesome :)!

Wow it's strange looking at the above responses of everyone saying they've lost count

In all the other cars I've owned I used to get pulled once or twice a week normally. But since I've had my starlets I can't actually think of a time I've been randomly pulled by the police. They seem to leave me alone now thank god

Wow it's strange looking at the above responses of everyone saying they've lost count

In all the other cars I've owned I used to get pulled once or twice a week normally. But since I've had my starlets I can't actually think of a time I've been randomly pulled by the police. They seem to leave me alone now thank god

Because its always parked up outside your house anyway and never out in it...... :rolleyes:

a few times.

Most cars arent allowed to have the little plates on there cars that i have.

Also last time i was at a meet and now if the police check my licence plate is says in there computer im a street racer :p

Edited by Bryan-4E-FTE

Got pulled all the time in my 106, most was 4 times in a week by the same copper!

Once in my breadvan because it was brown after the offroading i did

Loads in my fiesta because it was painted with a brush, on the floor with pokey wellers lol.

Not yet in the starlet, its only a matter of time!

Got pulled loads when I had mine, back in the day, before they were cool.........just saying :p

I was lucky if I could go more than 3 months without getting pulled as it came up as a corolla on the police system

My SR I used to get pulled literally once or twice a week! The V I dont think I ever got pulled in although one tried turn round on a lane and chase me but I was already going flat chat so just carried on as I was and did one... The Glanza S I think I got pulled a couple of times, the main one for being a twat and sliding around in all that snow we had in December 2010!

Only ever been done for speeding once and that was in my Cinquecento for 55 in a 30, pretty lucky with that as I was going a lot quicker!! ( was 17, thought I was cool and was about 2am lol )

the black SR i got followed for just under 2 miles when doin chinese deliveries and i think they mustv thot i was tryin the give em the slip by drivin into an estate and down wee streets and literally as i was indicatin to pull in2 the house i was goin to, the blued me and got out. "just stay in the car" they said, "what you doin?"

im deliverin chinese to that house there and im sure they dont want it to b cold, "well were just gonna check your car for any defects plus your insurance to make sure youre covered for deliveries", "is it a CORSA?"

A MUTHA FUCKING CORSA i thot?!?!? cheeky retarded mongo bastard,do i look twelve i also thot lol

eh naw, its a STARLET and im fully legit officer.

he checks, all details were correct, car was tip top and only gave me a 21 dayer to change my front left tyre as it was near the limit.

21 dayer not needed as 3days after i wrote it off :sad:

considering all the hooning and dicking about i did in the mazda, i never got stopped once not even followed or looked at by the police! probably thought i was late for my hairdressing appointments :)

in the old starlet i got drug searched at a service station, because some one reported my mates rolly as a bifta! also got random stopped when i had its for about 4 months for random tax, insurance and mot checks.

the new one i posted about above

got stopped once in my mums pug 306 1.4 for no insurance, i had paperwork saying i was covered to drive any car but they argued and said i wasnt

got followed by an undercover fiesta when i was in my glanza and i parked at halfords and he parked next to me and just admired my car and chatted to me about it for about half an hour lol

also police stopped infront of me one night when i had my foglights on and told me to switch them off lol

Edited by Stefan_s

also police stopped infront of me one night when i had my foglights on and told me to switch them off lol

Good! people with fog lights on do my blooming nut in! Im forever flashing my fogs at people with theres on for no reason, im yet to get a single one of them to turn them off though :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

A few times in my first glanza once for " my exhaust been too loud " which was a japspeed one with a baffle in it was quiter than my fiesta with a standard exhaust and air filter work that one out ? And another for exhaust manifold blowing cheap nasty toyo sport and once in the new one because i pulled up at the lights seen a clio sport staring at me on the other side so i give it some up the road and seen blue lights about 5 cars behind me haha