Q - What Front Mount Do You Use ?

Right so i'm needing a front mount intercooler kit soon and just wondering what choices there are and everyone's opinion on different kits, lag, fitment, aesthetics etc.

I'll probably go for the j performance ones that iddy has at discount, but would like to know what other kits are out there.

Cheers, Dan.

i got a jperformance kit from id workz really good deal tbh for what you get but the fittment is terrible thers no bits on the bottom of the core to mount it to the car only two on the side and and the fitting kit that came with it the bolts are the wrong size to even screw on to the mounting point on the side of the core will prob have to make some custom brackets to mount the core on the gt not a massive problem but it is ment to be a bolt on kit at the end of the day

Some pretty good suggestions, ^ looks mint micky.

I'm still unsure, a huge core like the hdi / j performance ( same thing i think ) will obviously provide better cooling and lower intake temps, but might be overkill on a ct9 setup. It will sit nice behind the bumper i'm gonna get though.

Toyo sports kits do look alright, nothing like their manifolds and decats. Only thing that puts me off though is that long ass network of pipe, but yeah could get a short hot pipe off dean.

Blitz systems are quite far outta my prige range haha. Hadnt thought about a custom system, good shout.

i got a jperformance kit from id workz really good deal tbh for what you get but the fittment is terrible thers no bits on the bottom of the core to mount it to the car only two on the side and and the fitting kit that came with it the bolts are the wrong size to even screw on to the mounting point on the side of the core will prob have to make some custom brackets to mount the core on the gt not a massive problem but it is ment to be a bolt on kit at the end of the day

Ahh thats not great at all, its a GT am gonna put it on.

WEPR.

piss all lag.

some folk think they're too small, i think it's spot on!

Phil.

x2 ive got one cant fault them with the gt theres no need to cut the bumper

How much are these Phil ;)?

The wepr 25% sale started a few days ago

Evo 8 core as I didn't want to cut anything. Fits like a Glove behind my bumper :)

Agree with this tbh, manufactures don't spend heaps of money developing components to be shit. Most cores on the market that are a specific kit provide very little in terms of specs. The only one that does appeal is the HDI kit where numerous testing has been carried out.

You can't have an intercooler that flows and cools, its impossible. Have to have a trade off somewhere, either settle for more lag with a decrease in intake temps, or settle for higher temps with less lag.

If you buy a cooler for what it looks like, fits etc you'll be buying one for the wrong reasons IMO.

Edited by AdamB

So you reckon go for a OEM core of some sort and get the shortest possible pipe route made up ? I'd quite like a new system though, think used coolers might be a bit of a gamble.

Was looking at the j performance kits and turns out thats there are ep91/82 specific kits so think you got a glanza one ryan.

Dont know how fake these core's are but they look prity good quality! Where as the Toyoports jp HDI core's look/are cheaply made! it dont take much to bend the fins on them etc!

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4abe980b7f

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/APEXi-Delta-Fin-Design-Aluminium-INTERCOOLER-600x235x58x-2-5-Turbo-Racing-/370692202589?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item564efa205d

Maybe buy one of them then buy the pipeing etc?

Edited by micky boy

Getting a core from another performance vehicle such as the evo is good, not saying they are the best though.

I believe you get what you pay for, Greddy and Blitz kits seem to be the best in terms of vehicle specific, but the price you pay is huge. I don't think you can get the Greddy kits anymore either.

I'd like to see a number of intercoolers tested with a temp probe pre and post cooler to see effective they are.