• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well its been a while so i should do an update.........

Headed over to Portsmouth on't ferry to pick up a Glanza rear axle from Lew91 last thursday, went over as a foot passenger to keep the cost down a bit and carried it back over. Few funny looks but another mission story for the build scrapbook lol

Its in a pretty funky condition but came with a set of spacers (Morgey?) because he thought they'd be a nightmare to get off......and they were! Needs new disks, pads, calipers and handbrake cables but i've got a set of braided hoses sat somewhere, quick grind and a lick of paint before the pollybush treatment! :)

DSCF3073_zpsd12a6eca.jpg

Went into work Friday and absolutly destroyed my right foot trying to stop our woodchipper going on one into the road and spent the rest of the day up the hospital!

Plan was to hook up with T Dog and pick up rather an interesting update.....but i was now on crutches so my mate Paul grabbed it for me :yahoo:

DSCF3070_zpsb57349db.jpg

DSCF3081_zps4cf24630.jpg

Sell me your other ones!!! Then my Sr's rear end will look identical to yours lol. I have a Tte back box though!

You don't want them mate, they're not the whole unit. That's why I had to swap them! Keep an eye on the forum though bud and eBay I managed to pick the second set up quite cheap :)

Wow I've never seen a whole quarter panel like that before, and genuine toyota to :o

It's amazing isn't it!? And the fact that they have a 15 year old cars panels available pretty much off the shelf although I was told I was lucky to find one......I guess what's made is made and when the warehouses run out....that's it?

Nice one dude, Toyota must have a lot of warehouses with spare parts. If you are ever really stuck for anything try this site. - http://www.amayama.com/

You need parts number to search though.

Ah that's handy to know.....cheers for the heads up Chris, parts like these for our little cars are only gonna get rarer :)
  • 1 month later...

Not updated for ages and not much to report progress wise.......wiper delete and a few new decals.

28bf96cd-d3e6-447c-bd8d-5915e8a1b7d9_zps

Not a big fan of lists but im feeling the need to get my plans down on paper and set myself a deadline to get it all done!

Watch this space....... :db:

• 4 weeks later...

So this week was a bit of a sad one, after destroying the downpipe on my daily SR and ripping the lambda sensor off on a rock (4 up driving across a field) i was left with a bit of a dilemma. Insurance is up at the end of october and the choice was:

A) Chuck some more money at it to fix up the exhaust and then try and sell it on.

B) Cut my loses and break the car for parts for the 4age and sell on the uprated parts to fund the build.

So after lots of deliberation and the incentive that a fellow forum member had just got a crash damaged "black" SR that with some of my body parts would be saved from the crusher, i sadly started to dismantle the car that brought me to the Starlet scene :(

DSCF3120_zps960c6334.jpg

DSCF3142_zps0b920179.jpg

Started to feel a bit better about the whole thing when i discovered just how rotten this poor little car had become, this photo doesn't do justice to the extent of the rust.....but you get the gist!

DSCF3129_zps18505b46.jpg

DSCF3151_zps2add74c1.jpg

Anyway enough of that shit.....Toby came round to perve at the SR so grabbed the chance to get a few photo's of my two favorite ep91's together :)

c1f5385f-a2fb-482b-8ee5-f1e2aba00cd5_zps

8ceb1255-c6b9-4587-a0cb-17317b1b34d8_zps

DSCF3159_zpsb56fa95e.jpg

Apart from seeing the insides of my pride and joy spread over the back garden last week also involved getting some body parts purchased.

First being the cruise wings planned to finishing the wider look, picked these up from Josh at Stick to it. Well i say picked up, he wrapped them up super good (no blame in Joshs direction) and then arranged for a courier to collect them. Said courier that kicked the holly fuck out of them before delivering them to me.......so unfortunately both wings need some work before paint.

DSCF3166_zpsd4259bee.jpg

DSCF3165_zps2471f484.jpg

Second body part comes in the shape of "Genuine" Tom's rear spats. These are the ones Idress moulded his reps from and had up on ebay, wasn't 100% on them but got them for a fair price and think they work pretty well (will need some sort of skirts though)

DSCF3171_zps617f5170.jpg

Last update is..........not a match but near enough! :)

DSCF3172_zpsbd8db674.jpg

DSCF3168_zps7c26b791.jpg

Edited by Flynn

Cheers lads, rear arches are going to get a bit of a roll and i want to smooth out the little fin thing in the middle of the Cruise vent, make them look more like the Mc Chu wings then just sort some skirts out and im done with the outside for now :) really keen on keeping the front end looking like an SR but at some point i'd like to vent a second bonnet to try and ram a bit of cold air into the bay!

This weekend should see the introduction of a civic half rad and slim line fan :)

DSCF3173_zps44bd96cd.jpg

Flynn I have a bonnet which is packed and ready to be sent out if you want to have a mess about with it? It's a UK spec one. Was meant to sell it someone else but delivery was £30 or something stupid

Hey Joe! Glad to see it's safe back at your home :) it's so strange seeing it on the forum. Bet you are having fun swapping stuff over, enjoy the cup holders by the way!! Was a good mod i told my bro to do when we found a glanza breaking :D

Look forward to seeing the future plans you have for it and maybe see it at shows in future :)

I remember when you were first around with this :p Nice to see another old car being kept in the UKSO family