Lewis's 98 Spec TD04 236bhp Beast - Update: 08/05/14 - END GAME....

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair play, you couldn't wait till the new year to get the tdo4 then.

Updates are good mate, looks good, hope you get the belt and get it all running! :)

I hope so too! Will only know tomorrow!

Glad I could help out mate

Your a legend! I would've fallen at the aircon pimp hurdle on my own! Let's get the bitch tuning tomorrow!

Good work mate and I picked my short belt up from motor factors, I never even fort about the air con being in the way as I suppose that was the 1st thing I removed when I got my Glanza

Not your fault mate! Since removing the pump was forgotten. I removed aircon on a previous car but never done the pump, always left it so to me the completely off is new haha!

I only work £5-£7 in a taxi and I can get one in the morning. Out of interest where did you get it from? AutoCarParts, GSF, or Autolec?

Do we ask for a UK Starlet power steering belt?

I no mate you don't need to tell me haha

Ahhhh air con was easy to get of once I found the hidden nut

Yeah it was confusing.. Working out how the hell it was holding on!

Update:

Just rang EuroCarParts they have 1 of the belts i need on the shelf! Should be running this evening.

Keep bringing updates :) sadly my glanza got broke and the engine is going in a yaris, and didnt get a accord as couldnt find a decent one. Or was to far away. So got a mb6 vti and had monnies left over :) nice red one haha Is MINT! lol

20131208_123616_zps703de0c6.jpg

Sound of vtec is savage!

That's lovely mate! B18C4 170bhp not your average family 4 door! What you pay? My mate still needs one he had one lined up but it fell through!

----

Updaaaate!

So tonight me and Adam set about finishing the poor girl. Another few hours and he was good to go. Took the EFI fuse out and primed the turbo with oil. Fired up first time afterwards.

First thing to note.. Exhaust it's twice as loud on idle, which I'm sure the neighbours in my close are really pleased with me about.

Took it up the road without boost to get the coolant flowing then let her idle for 10 minutes sucking in more water and bubbling any air out.

Then I let her have it...first reaction...

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Pulls like a train, screamer is SAVAGE, sounds absolutely mental. I couldn't stop laughing an smiling! I also removed the dump valve an the chatter is crazy it sounds soo good on boost or just poodling around!

Overall, if your contemplating it.. DO IT!

Here's a second gear little clip;

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee61/Sc_Knight/11CFCA8B-EFEF-44F6-BD63-D338866A8D47-5663-00000380E4F5F00B_zps0fa29e1b.mp4

You get the idea...

Only issue is in 5th full chat the clutch was going mental, so it looks like a new clutch after christmas..

Hope you like the update!

Sounds sweet bud!!, can't wait for td04 if i can bring myself to keep the glanza for a few more months

If your falling out of love, throw £500 at it. I garuntee your thank me! It's absolutely insane now! The noise is sooooooo good!

Looking forward to your forged update when's it's done!

Need to find a decent clutch that'll hold 1bar now for when I remap!

I will probably put mine back on the road in January still don't know what turbo to get for it, I had a exedy organic clutch in mine and at 1bar was fine for about 8 months of proper hard td04 abuse

I will probably put mine back on the road in January still don't know what turbo to get for it, I had a exedy organic clutch in mine and at 1bar was fine for about 8 months of proper hard td04 abuse

What's the damage for one of those?

Around £130 I think mate still had life in when removed

Is that brand new? - Where from?

Glad you got it on and sorted buddy !!

Thanks mate, Extremely happy. It was a freezing night also and it just about held boost under fuel cut. it was -1 when i was testing it!

I had a exedy clutch in mine. There great, and i payed 900 for the MB6 such a comfortable car. I dont even miss the starlet. Only do when people talk about td04s :(

I think i'll need to go for an Exedy, or something decent to hold the power and not slip.

The MB6's are lovely cars, just an accord is slightly more powerful. But, the MB6 packs a hell of a punch for a 4 door! Your love VTEC! But, i got bored i needed boost!

Edited by Zeldoz