MIKEY4410 1998 STARLET SPORTIF TURBO--rear cambered terror------

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah thats a great idea and defo would have worked im sure but I just didnt want to move the wheel well or modify it to the point it werent original. Plus the wheel well has 10kgs ballast in it.it would have been alot of faffing about and revision/redesigning.

Yes it has glanza calipers.did used to have the ae111 twinnys on her before but needed to sell them after I did brands as I needed cash at the time.

I did brands with all the handling mods done but n/a engine last time and I had the best time.soo much fun and you really learn what your car does on the edge.

I have had my cars alignment done as off last night on the same 3d alignment machine.

stayed pretty good since last time I had it done with my mate neil a couple of years back.

fronts are 1.55 camber with -0.3 toe for good turn in.

rears are 2.00 camber with 0.5 toe.

Wanted alignment redone for the trackday I want to do as I dont want off steering for that.lol

Edited by mikey4410

UPDATE.

have sent my turbo away to Liam_d at midland turbos.Sent it MONDAY first thing and TUESDAY (today) morning I get a message from liam saying its there. Its there for a rebuild and hybrid conversion.

have also ordered up some AN fitments for the turbo oil feed and return.this is so I can run the inline temp sensor I was running with my last td04L setup.

Edited by mikey4410

Turbo will be ready tomorrow buddy :) be careful with that oil drain though I've heard of people having oil return issues running that style of return. Just make sure that the bore size is the same as the return thread on the turbo and you should be fine.

Yeah I did think of that maddox.I use a really thick walled 7mm fuel/oil line.

used it for years with no issues and the peace of mind that the walls are around 2mm thicker than normal fuel/oil line.

just measured Internal diameter of what will be the drain to the ct9 and its 13mm so Its plenty big enough im sure

thanks for your input though maddox,much appreciated :-D

Edited by mikey4410

UPDATE........liam messaged me this morning and said my turbo is complete already which is great.will hopefully be with me tommorow.

This part turned up finally so its all ready to go onto the turbo.

20141008_101637_zpsc07b6635.jpg

Edited by mikey4410