How much does your starlet owe you??

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jesus! More money going into some of the cars on this forum than i ever gave credit for............but as stated above, loads of other shit that could have eaten up way more! Im not gonna work out whats gone into mine so far (not crazy though because i got the car for peanuts) but i spent a good 10 years trying to smoke all the weed in the world and have nothing more than a shitty memory to show for it lol.......way i look at it is. Working on the car keeps me amused, i enjoy doing it and im learning more every day!

Some peoples cars are just to get them from a to b......mines my hobby :)

Edited by Flynn

Jesus! More money going into some of the cars on this forum than i ever gave credit for............but as stated above, loads of other shit that could have eaten up way more! Im not gonna work out whats gone into mine so far (not crazy though because i got the car for peanuts) but i spent a good 10 years trying to smoke all the weed in the world and have nothing more than a shitty memory to show for it lol.......way i look at it is. Working on the car keeps me amused, i enjoy doing it and im learning more every day!

Some peoples cars are just to get them from a to b......mines my hobby :)

us two should never meet or there be no weed for anyone else lol

never added up what I've spent,its rising and rising all the time

Edited by AlancEP82

I cant get my head round how you can spend all that. Both my starlets owe me next to nothing. 1 of them is my td04 ep95 and the other is an unbuilt mk2 but all the parts are here. Granted none of mine are forged or anything special but they owe me around 2k between them! I could sell one of them for double that!

I don't feel so bad now after seeing a lot of people with high spec cars spending that kind of money :) I suppose it all worth it, the misses was going to me you could buy a brand new car for the money you have spent, it's like yeah but it's not a starlet

I cant get my head round how you can spend all that. Both my starlets owe me next to nothing. 1 of them is my td04 ep95 and the other is an unbuilt mk2 but all the parts are here. Granted none of mine are forged or anything special but they owe me around 2k between them! I could sell one of them for double that!

I like this analogy spending smaller amounts having a well spec'd car that you can enjoy and not stress that it costs more than most show room cars

Not much as I picked it up for £220 off someone who didn't have a clue what it was :-) I love numpties

Hahah got lucky then bud :)

some of you guys are insane paying that much money lol

crazyness hahahah

Got to be done sometimes mate ;)

Bought My first V in may of this year (2013) it cost me 3k to buy and i spent 600 on it buying new tyres and general maitinence..

Sold it for 2500 in november and bought a better speced one for 1200 quid more..

i plan to forge it and upgrade the turbo as this one is a far better base having the emanage ecu better brakes less miles etc... Im guessing my figure will be almost 10k once finished including buying the car.

Not sure what it is about these cars but they feel asif they have alot of character..

I've owned a few clios in the past one of wich was a 197.. And i found them boring and quite regular and within the space of a month i was spending a few hundred on upgrading that (my 197) (spent 300 on a decat for stupidly low bhp gain) before finally selling up.. With both the glanzas i have owned its been a diffrent story, i always have a smile on my face everytime I've driven them and i also love to have a little look back at it in car parks when i lock it up and walk off (sad i know) also the reaction from other people is great too.

I guess if your enthusistic and passonite about something then the cost is irrelevant as long as it keeps you happy and puts a smile on your face.

Happy new from me to everyone on UKSO too incase i forget :)

Mark,

Edited by M.B-glanza

some people can get away with it with things like being able to build/fix cars and having a decent place to do it, im lucky enough to have a garage but im not the bravest at stripping down something ive put so much money into should anything go wrong, saying that i dont mind too much now as me and a mate are moving into a unit :)