All ways the case the amount of speed traping that goes on in my local area. One of my mates was driving a back road and they were in the feild in the crop and just popping just above it to get lock on.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe its the case you was poodling in the right lane when really shoud of been in the left. People quote it as the"fast" lane. And people who thought you was going slow undertook. When really if the left lane is tottaly clear you still should off pulled into it? I understand you was doing the limit, but even myself a carrige way person in right lane. Id like to go abit faster. There slow. Plenty of room to move over but they dont so i have no option to undertake whilst giving them a finger lol

Edited by GlanzaJim

All ways the case the amount of speed traping that goes on in my local area. One of my mates was driving a back road and they were in the feild in the crop and just popping just above it to get lock on.

I've seen them hide behind signs, walls etc which they're 100% not allowed to do haha

Maybe its the case you was poodling in the right lane when really shoud of been in the left. People quote it as the"fast" lane. And people who thought you was going slow undertook. When really if the left lane is tottaly clear you still should off pulled into it? I understand you was doing the limit, but even myself a carrige way person in right lane. Id like to go abit faster. There slow. Plenty of room to move over but they dont so i have no option to undertake whilst giving them a finger lol

I was in the middle of three lanes because the left lane was basically a long slip road. I was in the left lane the entire way then moved into the middle just about 1/2 a mile before the left lane leaves the motorway and it becomes a two lane carriageway, but two people sped past me in the left lane and undertook me even though I was at the limit. (one of them crossed the chevrons because they moved in front of me just as the left lane actually pulled away and the police did nothing) I totally agree with you, I never sit anywhere but the left lane and even if there's another car ahead I always pull in after I overtake even if I'm going faster/no cars behind me etc. And I always correct people when they say fast/slow lane haha its one of my pet peeves.

Dont see point in speeding on motorways nows after being caught, way to easy to be caught and country roads is where the fun is at :p

I was caught speeding on the motorway, I forgot (entirely my fault) that it stopped being motorway and became a carriageway cause it isn't signposted that well, and was sitting at 80 when it was a 50, so I was speeding either way haha. Popo caught me and gave me a stern warning, hence why I'm usually 100% fine with them cause I think they're super fair. But the only reason this annoyed me was like I said, people pulling illegal and dangerous manoeuvres all round me and they ignored them to tailgate me >.<

Haha true. I agree with you on what your saying thought, Theres a road like that here what is 3 but goes into 2 and the furthest left is a long slip road. Dont think i was having a rant was just having a convo 👍👍 lol

Haha no don't worry I get what you're saying I hate when people misuse motorway lanes it's one of my biggest problems on the roads, I'll sit behind someone in the left lane to try and make it obvious that I'm refusing to undertake to try and make them move in haha.

Hopefully the first of a few photos of my car from a charity cruise on sunday ;) Have to admit she was looking well, spent two days cleaning so I'd like to feckin think so.

post-9753-0-82782900-1435615253_thumb.jp

Edited by bdohohh

SOOO many pics from sunday, keep finding more on fb haha.
I'm sure I remember people complaining last year at this about not enough photos so obviously they listen to criticism!

post-9753-0-23094100-1435880348_thumb.jp

Just a bit of tinkering being done over the weekend, my exhaust manifold had all but fallen off, as well as having a couple of blowouts, my exhaust sounded like shiiiiite.

That's all fixed now, plus timing adjusted.

My MOT is in about a month so I'll be changing the front wheels to my winter toms soon since the tread is almost done on my speedlines, and I can't be arsed getting the tyre changed over before MOT so I'll just stick the wheels on.

I'm hoping my new parts for the rear end and my two new doors to replace my rusty shit ones will be painted very very soon.

Speaking of paint, I'm considering painted my wheels again. I would love to go a really sparkley gold colour but really unsure if it will look ok. I know a bronze kind of colour would look good but I would rather something bright and sparkley because I'm a magpie.

Hopefully the new engine will be ready to go in before the end of summer, as I wanna get the run in miles done before I go back to uni, since motorway miles are not good for running in, and when I'm in Uni that's all I'll be doing. Turbo might be a little later than originally planned. We have all the parts minus an intercooler, but I have to pay for my rear parts to be painted and they're more of a priority because I need the new tailgate and doors on asap due to rust issues haha.

So I'm not sure I can afford to get a turbo rebuilt until closer to christmas. But once the new engine is in it's ready to take a turbo so its just a case of phoning up insurance and clearing it, then dropping that in.

Boring update, I know haha, not much happening til I find out how much paint will be for those parts.