• 1 month later...
  • Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I've not done too much lately, brought an armrest a oil and water temp, and oil pressure gauge but have yet to fit them.

discovered that my tank has split so idrees has sorted me out with another one for a good price as always :)

And I've got fed up with not being able to paint my spare bonnet so I've decided my bedroom is a good a place as any to do it lol

im using blackboard paint watered down and a paint brush, so far cost less than £9 and its had 3 coats, im now just sanding it back as the 1st layer was too thick and left ridges.

my setup :lol:

0F6B95B1-C854-4F6F-A81B-48A1058518FF-5572-00000634CC376A4C.jpg

will be fitting the tank as soon as it turns up either during the evenings or over the weekend, gauges i need a sensor and somewhere to fit them (sandwich plate etc) and armrest whenever i get around to it.

bonnet needs a couple more thin layers so it doesnt have too many brush marks etc but inevitably it will just get drawn on and shit so doesnt matter lol

Ooo i like the sound of that would give the SR a much fresher/moderm look i recon :)

i would like to have a go at spraying myself with a proper gun, which i have but just dont have the room to do it, well other than outside which may still be an option in the summer lol

If I had your setup in my car I would have this bonnet with the scoop on as a daily Bonnet. Would fabricate a dirt-stopper for when it's parked too, so no leafs or anything can block the air and stuff :D

Yeah thats the main issue, this is dropping straight onto the filter so any rain leaves dirt etc will sit right ontop of it. Im going to have a word with a friends dad who deals reupholstering stuff and see about a leather strip i can clip over it for bad weather and when its parked up :D

• 2 weeks later...

I like that bonnet! Need to see it from the front though http://www.ukstarletowners.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/blum.gif

Still needing to finish it dude! but when i get it sorted ill get some pics up and with it fitted. Bit that wont be till the snows past :lol:

This car is unique, great how its coming along :)

Thanks man, got a few things to sort out and tidy up but should be a good year for it i hope!

Got a few idea's floating around and a bit of research to do but if it happened it would make it even more special :D

fantastic build dude, ill be honest though i expected to see a 20v silver or blacktop under the bonnet, you ever considered the 20v lump? they rev their tits off and a supercharged 20v lump would be savage for a later phase :)

Just read it all man!

Fucking sick car, love it. Needs a cage in there somewhere xD.

Thanks man :D

But no cage im afraid its staying sleeper. It handles well enough without anyway :)

Small update,

Finally got around to giving the bonnet a coating of paint or 2 on the underside :)

5C15F6D6-79EF-4542-94DD-7A5CB5EDF17A-651

Also have received the first of the bits I've been waiting for, any guesses what it is? It is fairly obvious lol

FD01CEA9-9ADB-40B9-ABF3-C1D2A870EEAD-653

Will be getting on with fitting everything when it all arrives and i can get on with it all in one go!