Im pretty sure the cold issue is just the stat, its got worse since fitting the civic rad.

I did run it with the plenum for a while, was much better low down than with it how it is now, but the sound now is just epic, more than worth the loss of mid range :D

I guess i got lucky with this engine, its low milage (25k) so might be why it doesn't use any oil.

Don't suppose you have your old mounts laying around and fancy selling them? :p

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think I have them anymore as they weren't used for so many years.. I can have a look for you in the garage, but don't have your hopes up :p

25k? niice, I'm sure alot of people are dying to ask you, but where did you get that from?? Good find! My engine cost me like £1500 from fensport..

If you could that would be cool, I've got loads of engine movement on mine, causes quite a bit of exhaust troubles at times lol

Yeah got very lucky had a friend working at new era imports he set me up with the boss in japan. I gave him £900 and he set about finding an engine. Asked for one under 60k, found a couple with small problems then this one cropped up, said it cost him a bit more than he was hoping to spend but being he's such a toyota nut he fancied helping me out :)

Didnt get the gearbox as it was an auto and i had my one from my previous 16v 4age but i guess that means it hadn't been ragged as much either :p

Got very lucky with it really i think it had done 19k when i got it :D

• 4 weeks later...

Not much to say really, been trying to find a metallic rattle around the 2k rpm mark, since last wednesday, spent a few hours on saturday looking about with my old man and a mate. After plenty of poking about and holding various length metal bars to our ears we gave up.

Discovered my gearbox is making hell and all noise but im not too bothered by that as i have a spare. But decided to get drunk instead.

Anyway after recovering sunday i went down the pub for some munch and took her down there for a run, after getting fat for an hour or so go back in it started it up and the cold idle sits at around 2k... Being is its no longer parked on my lawn i can hear exactly where its coming from!

God damn heat shield on the cat!! happy and pissed off as i checked it on saturday, but i wasnt revving the car when i was under it so guess they werent holding the right revs. :lol:

So will be sorting that this weekend, in the mean time, chilling in the garden with an ale :p

BBD4640D-B26A-4A79-895F-73DB18A6A7DD-584

Also helped (stood around) my mate put some custom made pillow ball top mounts on his Subaru justy turbo last night. If you guys knew the custom work, time and money he's put into this you would cry haha

Sneaky bay shot :)

CD329604-9DC8-4F2C-9C39-EFFC6B798B8C-584

its basically a swift gti turbo 4WD with the viscous diff removed and the rear diff welded.

214whp runs 12.4's iirc

Nearly every part of the suspension setup has be customized in some way shape or form along with most the rest of the car. Was also featured in banzai summer last year.

• 2 weeks later...

Sleeper mode.... :D

A08D6B5F-F041-4E4D-9B0B-B77B8CB657AA-112

Yes it needs a splitter and lowering slightly on the front.

Getting a cupra lip at JF hopefully and if he weather holds out on friday ill bring the front down a tad as well.

I might even attempt to fit my SR decals for full sleeper spec ;-)

Edited by morgey

Sleeper mode.... :D

A08D6B5F-F041-4E4D-9B0B-B77B8CB657AA-112

Yes it needs a splitter and lowering slightly on the front.

Getting a cupra lip at JF hopefully and if he weather holds out on friday ill bring the front down a tad as well.

I might even attempt to fit my SR decals for full sleeper spec ;-)

DO IT DO IT!

Well in between showers here i had a go at sticking on one of the side decals on. Couple of small air bubbles but generally went really well.

Got some infill bits to go on the bump strip still bu it started hammering it down so heres a pic for you all :p

41291EF1-9EEB-4E42-A642-8EB10F50ADD7-707

Cheers :)

Yeah im hoping to get the other side on weather permitting! got to pick another front one up tonight but the rear will have to stay off until i get a OEM starlet badge/sticker as my TRD badge is too big!

Tomorrows going to be good regardless, be good to see everybody's Ep's come rain or shine

Got the otherside on, this ones complete. Didn't go as smoothly as the otherside but still a good 95%

610F95A8-C24A-4AC2-B75E-AA5F10DB443F-893

Just got to put the rub strip ones on the drivers side then to have a quick look at the back box then time for a once over. That is unless mother nature decides to do it for me :lol:

Cheers guys im pretty happy with it, other than the dents and bits that need a refurb/respray!

Coat of wax and tire shine and we're done :)

Ready for the trek down!

24D0C7C7-9545-49A5-8C30-E89B0430E6A2-281

And what lies beneath

37C5021B-81D4-4CFE-9D14-7C22EDF91DA6-281

Shall be seeing everyone tomorrow morning :p

Cheers guys im pretty happy with it, other than the dents and bits that need a refurb/respray!

Coat of wax and tire shine and we're done :)

Ready for the trek down!

24D0C7C7-9545-49A5-8C30-E89B0430E6A2-281

And what lies beneath

37C5021B-81D4-4CFE-9D14-7C22EDF91DA6-281

Shall be seeing everyone tomorrow morning :p

So clean. Hope the rain doesn't spoil your hard work

Well my car blended in quite nicely at JF, some people didn't even click that it had a 20v under the bonnet :lol:

Also made it there and back and only needed to put a cable tie on the exhaust because i kicked it once i arrived haha.

Also got a picture message from someone who's sending me something new :p

EF0A2736-BDF5-4366-9FE3-E30923DDBB8E-294

Cheeky bit of packaging lol

EA8860EE-607F-4613-BD5C-2FF2F4BF4D8B-294

21E410D2-3983-4FCF-9CCD-86013318B9C4-294

What could it be?? :D

Well to those who care, its a cusco lsd, 1 way or 1.5 way switchable. Need to work out which way will suit my driving style more and set it to suit. Thats planned for the next few weeks :)

66B871F7-167A-4440-A5B8-A5396492FECD-358

Got a cupra lip on route thanks to drongo boi, so that should help with the look of the front end hopefully :)

Also quick facebook adjusted picture from earlier today

D50E2367-BE5D-4D5D-8683-3531DA1A27E3-358