★ Project 赤い脈動 EP 九一 ★ 14/06/12 - Interior and Exterior Update! ★

Has been a while since I announced this update and I did find myself drifting further away from this forum but...

The reason I took so bloody long is because I had a saga with my Rays alloys which were worse for wear and needed a refurb bigstyle.

I asked an alloy wheel powdercoating service to colour match my Rays to the exact same bronze that they use. Of course they balls'd it up by not even coming close to the colour I wanted (gold?) and added a Caribbean blue lip sprayed in.

Of course I wasn't happy with the result (will post pics later) so I kindly asked can I get them redone and they agreed to do it free of charge as long as it was a standard colour which I thought was a result. So I thought fuck it, brilliant white as they had a TE37 lookalike in their showroom and it looked sweet so went with the same white.

My EP was on axle stands for a week but I finally got them back, in the meantime I ordered Rays decals to replace the gramlight ones that had to come off. Got them from Acromann, pretty pro if you ask me :wub:

And here are the results with more pics to come when my reverse scoop is back. Pretty sure the decals are a size too big (meant for 17"+) but I'm loving the slightly overstated look.

Few quick daytime pics and yes the old scoop is back in, reverse scoop is away getting colour coded)

DSCF4553.jpg

DSCF4556.jpg

After decal application in full Rays colours (last time you will see the rays valve cap as pikeys just love em ^^)

Excuse wonky wheel cap...

DSCF4561.jpg

Small kit I bought to combat the brakedust/road filth ^_^

DSCF4564.jpg

Plate moved to allow near full airflow to the WEPR fmic.

DSCF45652.jpg

Near future plans are to visit Jays for a new year EP checkup and check out an annoying knock under the exhaust, most likely a loose rubber. Car drives fine so hopefully its nothing serious :lol: Car boosts fine at 0.8 bar with the occasional fuel cut in 3rd and 4th high up the revs on full beans. Quite normal to expect that really so shouldn't be too long before I get the Emanage back in to combat that rather then the fcd route. Engine has loosened up quite nicely. Meisters have also been surface cleaned and tweaked to -1deg camber ^_^

Can also highly recommend Uniroyal Rainsport 2's, although a harder compound very good in the dry and smooth in the wet, will definitely move back to 195/45s in the near future as I believe handing is better than 195/50s. Have a mint 5 point cusco chromoly (the good stuff) rollcage waiting for me @Jays (courtesy of IdWorkz) but insurance aren't having it so may need to change companies as that will be the final touch to my chassis mods.

And for anybody interested in getting wheel decals but have never done it, this is for you :D

Joz's Wheel Decal Tips

#1 - Buy decals from a decent place i.e Lukep or Acromann in the correct size and colour that you desire.

#2 - Make sure wheels are clean especially the areas that the decals will be applied to.

#3 - Offer decal (still on backing sheet) to the wheel so you can have a fair idea of how/where you want it.

#3 - Carefully peel backing off decal and begin to position decal to area desired with both hands holding edge of decal.

#4 - If it looks good to you, go with it and rub it down so it applies. If not all is not lost, carefully remove and try again.

#5 - Remove clear film carefully and fully.

#6 - Revel in your newly decal'd jdm rims, take lots of sexual pics and post on uksc.

#7 - Good luck if you have to do 8 of them like I did :D

#8 - If you are a fussy bastard, only god can help you.

#9 - They will probably never look as precise as the originals but be confident and try your best! Nobody is perfect!

(I even had printouts in front of me ffs lol)

Thanks for reading! Apologies for the sudden influx of Red Eps with white wheels but I'm always dreamed of a white set of Gramlights and I finally got my wish :D Car is pretty healthy and mclovin' it.

Joz

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One amazing car, love the engine bay pic

Has come a very long way since you first bought it !

Thank you kindly mate :)

She has certainly been on one hell of a journey.

Just want to enjoy and drive her now, after the emanage is in of course!

Joz

• 3 weeks later...

Yo man, nice to see your motor again, didn't expect to see a turbo in there though, haha. Must be sweet though now right? Definitely one of the cleanest Red Starlets there is, wheels look sweet in White also. Nice work man, it's come a hell of a long way.

• 1 month later...
Any updates on this Joz?

Hey Dan :)

Just some small add ons really.

Go my ultimate fitted and mapped by Chris last week for CT9b@1bar and it has given the car far better/more urgent acceleration and punch. At Chris's recommendation I also got hold of a decent used Blitz Dual EBC Type R for less spooling time which he also fitted, it certainly shows.

CT9 is at its limits so Im saving up for the next forced induction addiction. Debating between racetech TD04L kit and TD12.

One of the twin pot calipers is sticking so I see it as a good excuse to invest in some new brakes this month.

Candidates are WMS, Wilwoods and KSports. Have a 5 point cusco roll cage waiting to go in when I can arsed to change insurance as current company will NOT insure one.

Lastly got some red GT spec Razo pedals fitted and have some Defi Din gauges on the way from the lovely Sanchez.

Just organising with WeeJohn for the install and to fix a few other little nitpicks.

Also acquired some rareish funky 'Add Zest' speakers off Jay.

Hope that fills you in, in a nutshell mate :)

Useless w/o pics I know... will take some soon.

Joz

Yo man, nice to see your motor again, didn't expect to see a turbo in there though, haha. Must be sweet though now right? Definitely one of the cleanest Red Starlets there is, wheels look sweet in White also. Nice work man, it's come a hell of a long way.

Rick thanks for your kind words mate :)

Also welcome to see you back in the EP scene and on UKSC.

Joz

Hey Dan :D

Just some small add ons really.

Go my ultimate fitted and mapped by Chris last week for CT9b@1bar and it has given the car far better/more urgent acceleration and punch. At Chris's recommendation I also got hold of a decent used Blitz Dual EBC Type R for less spooling time which he also fitted, it certainly shows.

CT9 is at its limits so Im saving up for the next forced induction addiction. Debating between racetech TD04L kit and TD12.

One of the twin pot calipers is sticking so I see it as a good excuse to invest in some new brakes this month.

Candidates are WMS, Wilwoods and KSports. Have a 5 point cusco roll cage waiting to go in when I can arsed to change insurance as current company will NOT insure one.

Lastly got some red GT spec Razo pedals fitted and have some Defi Din gauges on the way from the lovely Sanchez.

Just organising with WeeJohn for the install and to fix a few other little nitpicks.

Also acquired some rareish funky 'Add Zest' speakers off Jay.

Hope that fills you in, in a nutshell mate :)

Useless w/o pics I know... will take some soon.

Joz

Woah! More power already?

Wilwoods, it has to be done :D Defi din gauges are utter sex :D

Words can't discribe how much i love this car :)

Moar Pickturz !

Its certainly more raw and lively Dan :)

As with anything you seem to develop a heavier right foot lol.

Wilwoods is just finding someone who sells them, fancy a set of bells as well.

Will take some pics soon of whats done so far.

Can't wait until everthing is fitted.

Thanks for your support.

Joz

Sounds like so many more quality parts are going on this dude :) sounds awesome.

Let me know how you get on with the brake search mate, going to be investing in some Big Brake upgrade sometime soon so would like to hear your review on whichever one you get mate.

Also we need pics dude :)