★ Project 赤い脈動 EP 九一 ★ 14/06/12 - Interior and Exterior Update! ★

Wow amazing results for stock internals, you are sure to have some fun in that! :)

Had a good look at this yesterday was pretty much beside it for 6 hours tbh lol. A top job done to it by all parties involved its a cracking wee car dude you should be proud of it your a hard man to please I'm told. I think your going to have a smile like you have a coat hanger in your mouth when you give it some driving on full boost.
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think I'd ever want more than 260bhp so I think I probably will stick with 2.5" then, will have a chat with my local exhaust place when the time comes. Straight through could be an option because I could still use the back box bung if I wanted, will see what they say about noise levels etc!

A big comprehensive reply as always thanks Joz!

Glad to be of some help Amjad bro :)

I went to collect her on Monday night (raining cats 'n' dogs of course!) and got the lowdown with Chris. We took her for a quick spin with Chris driving and after warming her up you could feel the car has been tuned better throughout the range as anticipated. Full boost you could also feel more pull and the turbo response was FAR better with boost spooling at a low 3k and full boosting with no hesitation like before. Of course being in the passenger seat feels completely different so we swapped seats. I got loads of wheel spin due to the weather so I just took it easy until we got back to his place. The exhaust feels completely different now and well matched whereas before it felt lacking and empty.

The boost setting for 1 bar was not set so we decided to leave it at ext wastegate pressure with high boost at a true 17psi (a touch under 1.2bar which is 17.4psi)

Fuel was practically empty as Chris told me he had spent the three days tuning and tweaking it including the day I left it down which was on Wednesday and the day of the dyno.

I knew I couldn't get decent feedback of the tune with the weather so decided to call it a night.

I was running on fumes so thankfully there were some places that opened later than 10pm or I was getting towed lol with super unleaded a bonus.

After filling up on my way home (typical passing CTR vtec'd hard when he saw the EP :p) I did get a full boost pull on a smooth clear straight in 4th (nowhere near the 6800rpms tho) and I was pretty impressed with the extra oomph which was very smooth. You can feel the car carrying a lot of speed and force. People call me hard to please but to be honest its just me getting used to the power and expecting 2.0litre pull back in seat torque levels after being in both an STI of sorts and a certain green GT haha :p

For now the plan is to stay safe during the cold season and now that brakes and power are sorted I can concentrate on interior dress up and functional parts to improve the inside as that's pretty much where she is lacking. Everything is all function inside the cockpit at the moment. The exterior is staying 98spec and I will be having the front bumper resprayed and cut out so the fmic has full breathing. As soon as I get the car weighed I will post up on the leaderboard, being a uk spec 91 she will surely vary from the V's 920kg seeing as there is no aircon or other gubbins hehe.

Joz

• 3 months later...

No need for custard Mr Wallace :ph34r: (I did have a good look in the cupboards by the way :lol:!).

I actually used mspaint to black out that crap in the background :blush:

Thanks very much for the kind comments lads, 4 months is a well overdue update :surrender:

First things first, a HUGE thanks to Dan507 for agreeing to sell me HIS bumper and providing me with a painless and efficient service!

Without this bumper I'd be stuck with 98 spec as EP Styling no longer trades, so its much appreciated bro.

Its an honour that she will live on attached to my Red EP. Hope you like how it turned out ;)

Am really pleased with how much the bumper has changed the EP's stance.

Meisters have been lowered more than usual also (back on 195/45's) and the bonnet and both chu fenders have been resprayed.

So a minty fresh front end for the coming (hopefully) warm summer months. Underneath has been clear wax oiled and arbs etc painted black.

Innovate wideband is installed and doing its job.

Still a few more neat touches to add and some better photos as these were taken outside the bodyshop with a phone.

Please enjoy in all her un-stonechipped glory!

DSC00008-1.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00013-1.jpg

DSC00018.jpg

DSC00020.jpg

DSC00021.jpg

DSC00033.jpg

DSC00037.jpg

DSC00038.jpg

DSC00039-1.jpg

DSC00042.jpg

DSC00041-2.jpg

DSC00043.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

DSC00046.jpg

Hopefully the next update won't take as long...

Joz

Thanks for the feedback lads!

Taking her for an alignment today after the lowering etc to have her hopefully driving as well as she looks :)

I'll be looking at spacers further down the line but for now I'll be more than happy to just keep the front end in good nick.

Will be on full alert for speedbumps and garages that have dodgy ramps thanks to the new stance.

Interior is a little lacking so I'll be looking to invest in there next :ph34r:

Performance wise there is not an awful lot more I want to do or spend hehe.

Joz