★ Project 赤い脈動 EP 九一 ★ 14/06/12 - Interior and Exterior Update! ★

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the kind comments lads :)

Engine bay is still a work in progress so room for improvement! The cooling panel is out for easy access at the moment.

First things first, a HUGE thanks to Jays Garage for installing my race-tech td04 kit on such short notice. Very much appreciated as always!!!

Secondly MANY thanks to Jamie for sorting me out an awesome deal for his basically brand new Race-Tech kit, I couldn't be any happier with my dealings with him and especially the kit itself (sexual steel), the man is a real gent and very highly recommended ;)

Thirdly this installation was powered by red bull and littered with small complications.

I had to lose my double core radiator as it would no way fit with the race tech manifold.

We went with a slightly shorter than oem radiator which has been used on a previous td04 setup.

Even with this, it was still very tight and hardly oem radiator friendly at all...

The rad itself (as you can see, its shorter than oem) needed modding and Jay did some soldering and cooked up an air con fan to be front mounted on the radiator as again there were big issues with clearance with the turbo kit. We will go with this rad for now because it works.

My backbox also decided to basically snap at the join so I am saving the pennies for a new bigger bore ss exhaust system.

The turbo and external wastegate are not set up as I will need to go see Chris to get my emu tuned together with my ebc.

So running no boost at the moment and she is sitting here until I get the new exhaust system as it would be pointless to get her mapped now and then after. The turbo was meshed just so that I could get home as my old ct9 relocation kit or anything else would not fit. I am on the case for a td04 air filter relocation.

All in all a hectic early start and a late for work finish but it was well worth it albeit burning a toasty hole in my already skint wallet ;)

Finally one step closer to being properly pulled back into my seat.

Joz

Cheers for the kind comments gents ;)

Si I know so well mate but the results are more than worth it!

Socks I will be upgrading to a nice civic rad a lil' later.

Jay assured me this rad would not affect the quality of tune so its currently on loan.

Just to get this new zaust ordered and we can move on swiftly :)

Joz

Not been on here for quite some time, saw you had an update and it definitely wasn't what I was expecting to see man!

It seems like yesterday you were telling me that the CT9 seemed plenty powerful enough for you! :(

Looks stunning mate, love the brakes and the bay, and it's looking spankingly clean as always, great job!

Thanks for the kind words of appreciation and encouragement lads :)

Just saving for a new exhaust now to get her boosting.

For the time being she will be driven like an n/a.

I honestly can't wait until she is fully up and running :)

JAE or at least one major UK meet one day for sure!

Joz

• 1 month later...

PassLogo-1.jpg

2 months w/o an update? That is All!

Just kidding lol. She now has 3 boost settings (0.5, 0.8 and 1bar) but that will change in the next map session to see her hit 1.2 bar on standard internals. The .7 tial spring will be going back in to have (0.7, 1bar and 1.2 bar settings) and a more aggressive map when the roads are dry (could take some fecking time and a lot of luck!) The TD04 nappies can come off then! :)

Please as punch she passed MOT today with no advisories. I will also be working more closely on the oil catch can situation and putting something more funky together and a few other small touches. My blitz bov is leaking so as usual I have sourced a brand new one eBay (Blitz DD) for a cuthroat price. Most stuff will be fitted on my next Costa and CCM visit.

Lets hope the next update won't take as long :)

Joz

1.2bar sounds interesting!

Quick question, the three boost settings, do you need an EMU and a boost controller to get that? I want to run a TD04 with low boost for daily driving say 0.6bar and 1.1bar or something for fun. Does the EMU have multiple map capability or something?

Hey Amjad :)

Yep you need both emanage (ultimate preferably) and a decent boost controller (Blitz Dual Spec R is ideal) to have multiple boost settings.

I wouldnt really call them individual maps, Chris maps the car to ensure there is sufficient fuelling for each level of boost @wot and of course his own tweaks. Then on the ebc you set the gain on each individual setting for the boost pressure and delivery.

Off boost would ensure a slightly richer mixture for everyday driving. 0.5 - 0.6 on TD04 I find is comparable to a ct9 at high boost mate.

Just slightly lazier to take off (need a heavier foot) but the boost is harder, just make sure you need it. Full boost just under 4k, starts from 0 psi just after 3k with a fully planted foot. Minding that low boost is nowhere near the TD turbo's efficiency range it still works.

In the heavy rain (like today) it is best to just stay off boost, was on the dual carriage way and you can tootle along at 70 without even spooling, something you cannot do with the ct9. Both setups have their + and -

People always say about spinning the wheels in 2nd and all that, but if you have a refined setup (lsd, coilys, good tires etc) she will plant all that power to the road mate, ct9 or TD04 :)

I'd 100% recommend EMU over a plug n play anyday as you can adjust everything properly without relying on pot luck.

Decent ebc is also the ticket. Low boost for daily and flick of a button, its fast and furious time :)

Joz

Hey bro :)

Need to treat it nastier to be honest mate (see more full boost) :)

Not the best time of year for test runs, it is a different drive from the CT9 but a worthy one imho.

It has the punch that you always wished the CT9 could produce, the response is defo lacking but its surely not the worst.

I think when driven properly its an awesome setup and the screamer isn't overly loud (says the guy in the cockpit :))!

Good to see you back Sparks but sad to hear the GT is being broke.

Joz

Thanks for the comprehensive reply Joz, that's answers my question perfectly :)

Will be looking to pick up EMU, that EBC and a TD04 kit when money allows then! Quite a while away but I guess it's good to plan ahead lol :)

@ Sparky - It is a shame bro but needs must, I know you will back with something mintier thats for sure.

@ Nazzuro - Chris estimated her circa 220bhp the way she is running at the minute, still some more possible tweaks and an increase to 1.2bar on a dry evening. Not even been close to a dyno yet but I will get a power run when conditions allow.

@ Amjad - Your welcome as always mate. If you can pick those parts up mint 2nd hand when funds/time allow you will be flying. I got everything from eBay and the forums. For the ebc just make sure it comes with all wiring, and that the control unit and dual solenoid are in good nick. I paid £180 for my Blitz. Go for the spec R for future potential (dual solenoid = more boost) My emu unit was £200 around 3 years ago, boxed and all. Full plug n play '82 emu field harness was £90 off the forum. Some insane deals if you keep your eyes out.

@ Ryan - Cheers mate! Its always that one painful time of year but good luck mate, can only do your best to prepare her. I passed with a decat screamer if thats any consolation. Soon as I saw the all green from the emissions test I was :)

Its onwards and upwards people, stay safe as the road conditions are getting shit again! :)

Joz

lol putting a new engine in it this weekend hopefully :) then it needs to be mot'd on the 7th

its not gunna pass the emissions when its burning more oil than fuel lol.

everything else should be fine though so just need to sort that, but on a ridiculous budget lol

ryan