ID-Workz Yellow Demo Glanza

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since I posted in here!

As some of you may know, the Glanza caught Fast Car magazine's photographers eye at Japfest..

311313_10150275445766503_531941502_8050952_209521342_n.jpg

Also on their website Here and Here

This gave me a kick up the ass more than anything else, so me and my cousin have spent a few more hours on her after a long time!

The engine is fully build with the head and cams back in, just the timing belt remaining. Wilwood brakes are gone so back to stock calipers with grooved discs that I had kicking about, the calipers could do with a lick of paint before being fitted though. A couple of snaps, she's covered in dust and still has flies stuck to the front. Damn, I wish I had washed her before parking her up now. :)

ce77be2b.jpg

c8db8899.jpg

No, the spoiler is still not stuck on!

6c39c3d3.jpg

The engine bay needs a really good clean and it will get one when it is fully assembled and running. Still looking for a new turbo kit but trying to keep the budget tight this time!

Next on the list are to tidy up the wiring loom, refit the inlet manifold and some sort of turbo kit. Probably stick to the CT9 plan if I don't find anything over the next few days. :)

HAHAHA thats my nephew there in your pic wearing the 3d glasses ;)

I remember him, didn't recognise him though!

glad your back on track mate B) worth a mag feature any day of the week!

but defo get that spoiler on B)

any other plans with it?

I may have another JAM ECU soon as I sold my other one. Other than that, I'm not sure yet. I just want it to be driving good and take it from there. :lol:

why dont you go TD04, CJ performance is coming out with a kit soon. Probably around 200-240 for mani and decat braced.

I'm thinking about this, but the Toyosports kit instead as it's under £190 delivered, looks very similar and will last just as long I bet.

• 2 weeks later...

Some new parts..

I have ordered a new TD05 turbo kit from Sacha at WEPR, however it is not yet made and I would like the car on the road asap so I have bought this Zisco K26 turbo kit to do the job in the mean time.

P1050391.jpg

P1050392.jpg

P1050393.jpg

P1050394.jpg

Cusco C pillar and rear strut brace also awaiting fitting

P1050396.jpg

I'm hoping to get this turbo kit fitted today and may even hear the engine running later this evening! :)

the mew braces look well,you got them anyway ;)

They arrived sooner than expected, cheers for those! :)

how many turbo kits... y hav u gone for wepr over race-tech by the way?

is the 5e forged yet?

I've been on the Starlet scene for around 5 years, and I'm yet to hear a bad word about Sacha's work. :)

No the 5E isn't forged, and I don't plan to forge it anytime soon.

They arrived sooner than expected, cheers for those! :)

I've been on the Starlet scene for around 5 years, and I'm yet to hear a bad word about Sacha's work. ;)

No the 5E isn't forged, and I don't plan to forge it anytime soon.

A non forged 5e? surely your limited to the amount of boost...

So why not td04 to gain extra spooltime over a td05? :)

With it being a 5E I think a TD05 will spool well enough, I'll see how it runs at 1 bar. If it doesn't seem enough then forging will be the next option! I just want the thing on the road first though as I've sold my other cars so I need some mean of transport.

My old kit Iddy, that turbo is AWESOME!!!!! I miss it!! lol

Good to hear this! :)

I want your wheels badly :)

Bet your dying to get it all built up again!

Certainly can't wait. Shame winter is coming up though as this car was built for summer only. I'll still drive it through winter though, if it gets covered in stone chips and some parts start rusting I'll just redo it next year!

That's the Tropicana one, they had the fully JAM kitted White Glanza too. That thing was immense around the track! I know it ran a CT9 but not entirely sure what engine?

yer it was 5e and it was a highflowing ct9 it was 250bhp there is a thread on here somewhere that enzo started. awesome build, shame about all the agro you have had though.

Cheers mate! :)

WEPR TD05-16G kit has arrived. I'm highly impressed with this kit, looks absolutely awesome in the flesh.

P1050419.jpg

Hopefully I'll get this fitted this weekend!

And here's part of the reason I don't have enough motivation to get the Glanza on the road.. :(

P1050400.jpg