• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice mate, just not a fan of duck spoilers though :)

3 inch zorst to free more ponies???

John

duck spoilers rock :(

no point getting it mapped, then getting it remapped again when exhaust is on....

im in no rush. get exhaust on then map it to 1.4-1.5bar :(

Shhhhh John ;)

u tell him ;)

What a great build. Yours and a few others on here really make me want to get cracking on my car. Where did you get the speedo dials from?, they look amazing!

cheers dude! appciated! off here in parts for sale... u can gettem from TMD tho i think!

• 2 weeks later...

Duck Spoiler is back from the paint shop! :D

DSCN2922.JPG

DSCN2923.JPG

Cant wait to get this on! Shitting myself though, gonna have to drill holes in my boot! lol

DSCN2925.JPG

On a bad note tho, ive had a failure.

My turbo has decided it didnt want to boost all of a sudden and its looking like a bearing or comp wheel failure... Completely un explainable, but its going back to be sorted under warranty.

Its nothing Ive done, nor is it anything Ricky@Race-Tech has done, its somthing wrong with turbo, so im taking it off this weekend to be inspected properly!

But it means the car wont be at Trax, JAE or Japshow Finale...

Ill try get myself to JAE, as its looking like it will be great! But without my car wont be the same :harhar:

Unfortunatly for me, its a 4-5week wait on a new core for the turbo! Fucking Cars ehy, but unlike alot of you pussies out there, it isnt getting broken for bits, im gonna get turbo sorted and get back on track. I ordered a new distributor yesterday form toyota to cure my slight missfire. So hopefully when the turbo is sorted, we'll be ready for mapping properly!

Good and Bad news tbh, but thought id update ya! :D

:harhar:

I actually found out last night but felt so shit and didnt wana post up till i calm down... punched a hole straight thru a wooden partition in my garage... hands swollen right up lol. Ah well, onward and upward! Im not giving up lol

On a positive note i told you that a duck spoiler will look awesome about a year ago. really glad you decided to go for one youve made a great choice :D

Aye, took me all this time to find a OEM one that bolts on rather then a copy! :D Looks ace! Left over paint from respray so match is perfection!

Ah i see you suffer from the same kind of luck as me. Old parts break , New parts are faulty and still break lol. duck spoiler will look great. i wish you luck with the drilling of holes in your boot tho :harhar:

Also get a punchbag to sit beside your car to prevent injury lol

Russell

Fucking Cars ehy, but unlike alot of you pussies out there, it isnt getting broken for bits, im gonna get turbo sorted and get back on track.

Maybe not yet Lol but when you have put 5years and as much money into your v as i did into mine, it wont take alot to make you give up i can promise you that.

Good to see your not giving up yet though :harhar:

Heres a tip, i used two slim filter tips (swan,rizla what ever) pocked them in the bolt holes on the spoiler so they stuck out a bit and blobed tipex on them then when you push the spoiler in place it will leave to marks where the holes need to be drilled, if its a proper oem spoiler it will only sit properly in one place :harhar: you cant realy go wrong as it lines itself up pretty much :D

Cheers for the tips!

Well the turbo is off now.. Its so easy to take off when top mounted. The bolts we all facing up or at 90deg non facing down lol. Took me about 20mins! :o

DSCN2926.JPG

and 1 goosed blower:

DSCN2928.JPG

Ricky has it now, going to strip it down and examine. Should know more soon enough!

Replacement should hopefully be made up and sent out to me asap!

Orr to see this Matt hope you get it sorted asap :o also think you should have another play with that 330 when you get it back out because i dont think this bad boys been running at its full potential since the day go!! along with the misfire you have been getting ect.

Gutted for ya mate

John

Im pissed off, but im even more pissed off im missing Trax, JAE!!! and Japshow Finale! Wanker!

Orr to see this Matt hope you get it sorted asap :o also think you should have another play with that 330 when you get it back out because i dont think this bad boys been running at its full potential since the day go!! along with the misfire you have been getting ect.

I was on a high start of this week, got my duck spoiler back and ready, new distributor ordered to cure the missfire. No it wasnt running right at all tbh, we have a bridge test in Gainsborough and i could get 122mph to it on 15's last year and this year with 16's i can match it... So it's onyl lil faster then last year, id guess it would be 200-210bhp... Ricky couldnt map it up because of the missfire, was sending the wideband do-laly!

Onward and upward, she will be back kicking and screaming soon enuff, the turbo is at Race-Tech now so we'll see what happens!

Fucked off my car is missing the 2nd JAE in a row!

What gauges you got pal?

Nice motor and project

Saga Racing V5's

Thanks!

Time to upgrade to a bigger turbo

LOL its big enough!

sorry to see this bro, however, that ducktail is going to look SO right on your car!!!! such a legend for getting one!!!!

hope u can get it sorted ASAP and i recommend still going to JAE even without the car, its still awesome banter man!

also, PMz on de way.

Phil.

Cheers dude, cant wait to get the duck on!

only 200 210 at a bar? Surely not mate? Probably more like 240. Can't wait 4 ya to break 300. Unless i get there first :p

Yeh, but it wasnt mapped propeerly, missfiring and coughing, the wideband went nuts as it spooled. As ricky said, there is 30-40bhp more to come out of 1bar, but because of the miss he cudnt map it! :p So yeh at 1bar there is prolly more then 240 to come out of it matey!

Gutted for you dude :D

same :p

some vids of this at 1.6 bar would be amazingly savage, amazing build thread dude :p

ordering myself a HD camera soon, this will be on the cards, dont worry :p

basically when turbo is back, it'll be set to be mapped up at full boost... So onward and upward!