so do ya have car back from ricky now? Hows the exhaust sounding? Can't wait for the multitude of videos once its mapped.

Not yet, Exhaust apperently sounds quite a bit louder and deeper (power getters have 2 silencers) It now has no silencer...

x2 ^

:):)

crap as always matt. :)

:) lol

Used silicone to hold velocity stack on as a temporary measure. As worsening roads would make road mapping a problem... Its out there now being mapped apperently! So fingers crossed ill have her back tonite or possible tormorrow :p WIN!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right..

I swear this car will be the death of me lol

We are now at 1.1bar on the GT30. The amazing thing is, combined with the new exhaust we are building 1bar at 3600rpm. Which is only 100rpm later then the old turbo GT28. Which i found astonishing! Probably down to the new exhaust!

However, we are now at the point where Ricky is maxing the injectors on the mapping tables on the piggyback management im using (Emanage Ultimate). Ricky feels it isnt giving him all the flexibility he needs to get it to drive as smooth as id like and yet still produce a great curve. Especially on spool-up where maximum timing is being pulled.

So im now delving into standalone management, coil-to-plug ignition, crank sensor (get rid of the entire dizzy setup) to be able to go any further.

But the value of my current management means it wouldnt cost me much to do at all.

So bit of a set back but I have to look at the good bits...

Ricky reckons its 250bhp (ish) at 1bar of boost. Which is about what a TD04 produces at 1.2bar on a stock engine. Yet we are still spooling 400rpm's sooner then a TD04! lol

The Turbo, Engine, etc... Nothing is even close to maxing out, its just the management wont allow him to reach the values he needs to and yet still be smooth.

So over winter... Looks like we have got more to do :)

Either way i get it back tormorrow to tuck away in the garage after a quick drive...

Un Fucking Believable

is the only way to express what I think about this car right now, ive only just got home after driving round in it all night.

The exhaust is my favorite bit tho, it crackles, pops and bangs like mad on the overrun! It sounds absolutley gorjous!

The power though is unreal. Its a complete handful to keep in a straight line, but you just blink and your at the speed limit!

I have a video of the exhaust on my phone ill try upload but ill see if i can dig my camcorder rig out to get some decent footage of it for you guys!

Sorry, got to go to bed, im still shivering, its so amazing!

Grabbed a few shots on my phone...

Velocity Stack:

IMG00127-20111208-0856.jpg

Going to be welded onto a proper bracket eventually. But for now its silicone :)

Another shot of the engine bay as it stands. Turbo is huge compared to my old one and spool sooo quick. Its fantastic to drive!

IMG00128-20111208-0856.jpg

Roll on stronger ignition system now! :p

If any tuner will tell you a piggyback, is better than a standalone ECU, please find a new one.

^^haha. so true.

this is just getting better and better. only thing i would say cant remember if i commented before bout it or not, but this car is mental i just think it needs a new set of wheels to show that of.. dont get me wrong love gt3's but maybe some more hardcore wheels would reflect it, but your car mate :) just enjoying watching you spend the money id only dream of spending on a car haha.

good luck bro cant wait to see improvements on ignition. will be sick.

sam

Sweet :)

John

Cheers Jon!

i love your bay... i want mine to be like that... i need to see some vids of this monster though!

Time and effort and money! And lots of it all!

Does your catch can actually breath via a vent?

Yes mate, u just cant see it :D

Awesome nuff said B)

Did I say videos??? :D

i should have videos hopefully before the weekend!

Nice......

Vids. End.

cheers bbe, as above :D

^^haha. so true.

this is just getting better and better. only thing i would say cant remember if i commented before bout it or not, but this car is mental i just think it needs a new set of wheels to show that of.. dont get me wrong love gt3's but maybe some more hardcore wheels would reflect it, but your car mate :p just enjoying watching you spend the money id only dream of spending on a car haha.

good luck bro cant wait to see improvements on ignition. will be sick.

sam

I want some slipstreams in a wild colour. But there is so much more I want. But im afraid money is the limiting factor... So more time things will change :p