Steves ***new*** Ep82 Gt Turbo

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

turbo pushes the end of the hot pipe too far back so need to modify and extend pipe. which means ally welding it and the people I've given it too have had it a week and half and not nothered yet :p

wat a ball ache!

the turbo is rotated too much (alot more then stock)

so the hot pipe is rubbing on the front support bar (too far forward) and the bottom of the hot pipe is pushed back towards the engine. meanign the fmic pipework has to be extended by 1.5inchs!

we cudnt use a silicone joiner luke cus its right on a curve/bend and wouldnt join properly and securly with a joiner :)

fights us every step of the way fucking thing..

Right update time

firstly few bits came through

DSCF0167.jpg

Air filter to fit my relocation kit

DSCF0169.jpg

Ultra racing rear strut brace (finially)

DSCF0171.jpg

Front and rear pads and discs and wheel bearings

DSCF0173.jpg

ID workz toms style grill sprayed and meshed (thanks socks :D )

DSCF0175.jpg

DSCF0177.jpg

Mikalor jubilee's from roose motosport and some more vacuum hosing. the clamps are so strong and stable its unreal. deffo worth buying to fix a FMIC pipes together

DSCF0179.jpg

Also from roose motosport they made me up 2 hoses for my Oil catch can and as the standard hose for the radiator was too short for my civic rad i got another one made up for that :p

Then started to get things fitted

First earthing kit

DSCF0181.jpg

Also new battery, Intercooler pipes, dumpvalve and oil catch can

DSCF0183.jpg

All hoses fitted

DSCF0185.jpg

New extended intercooler pipe to fit hybrid

DSCF0187.jpg

Filter relocation kit

DSCF0189.jpg

End of day result

DSCF0191.jpg

Also my mines ecu came through from Riko666 yesterday. Thanks for the lovely message by the way sweethart :D

Todays plans are to fit the brakes and also try sort out the high idling problem :D

cool. the clamps that normally come with them are the hdi ones. there 10mm fittings pretty good. but these mikalor ones are 13mm much bigger and much stronger. deffo worth the upgrade :D

Nice one Steve i was looking for ages for Mikalor clamps.. Didnt know about Roose Motorsport though.

Few questions, what size clamps and how many of each did you order because i have a HDI intercooler but cant remember the 2 sizes... 2" or something?

Next question is what did you ask for, for the hoses for your Power steering reservoir and that? Just a length of what ever size

And im going to be running a Tongs hybrid with my HDI FMIC, was a wee bit of a struggle getting the pipe on the turbo but i got it on... This gonna be stressing the turbo with the pipe pulling at it?

Great write up as ever... Should be a comp for the best build thread :D