★Amjad's GT Advance ッ★ December updates!

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad it's on the road now! You've been working on this non stop since you got back home haha so happy it's all worked out for ya! Team O.Z./ABS in NonABS cars! (Except Amir, he's a square with his VTEC and ABS)

^^^^ this is full of win Happy boosting :D

Congrats on the mot pass bro :) cars cumming along at sum pace now fair play

So glad it's on the road now! You've been working on this non stop since you got back home haha so happy it's all worked out for ya! Team O.Z./ABS in NonABS cars! (Except Amir, he's a square with his VTEC and ABS)

Now to drive it and enjoy it!!!!

BBOOOOSSSSTTTTT

now that looks lovely :)

Thanks a lot guys! :)

I've got a few more updates to put in here which I'll do tonight, haven't driven it much due to the niggles I've had to sort. One of them being a ball joint boot that had split somehow, getting that replaced asap and the Meisters set up properly..then I can finally attack some roads!

I do however have this ;)

http://youtu.be/aZx8vk2qRrY

Amjad

Hehe perfect ending to the video :D

*Update*

-Remove Meisters, ZEP Racing Panhard rod, Whiteline FARB & RARB from NA DONE!

-Fit the above to GT DONE! Except RARB (next week)

-Change the ride height DONE!

-Paint and fit the replacement rear calipers DONE!

-Fit new rear discs, pads and bearings DONE!

-Refit Japspeed exhaust DONE!

-Replace CV boots, ball joints and track rod ends DONE!

-Re-velcro the plate at the front DONE!

-Fit rear fog DONE!

-Get the bonnet catch support fixed DONE!

-Fit the new wheels and tyres DONE!

-Sort out the wobbly Civic rad fan DONE!

-Sort the scoop rubber trim DONE!

-Rebleed brakes DONE!

-Fit stereo DONE!

-Fit front/rear speakers DONE!

-Wire and fit sub DONE!

-Replace broken lower driver side dash panel Just need to fit screws

-Well needed wash, clay, polish and wax Half done

-Repaint front calipers

As you can see managed to do quite a bit and sort the niggles that have been bugging me! Also fitted new LEDs, HIDs, Toyota camber bolts and got the alignment set. It was so far out after fitting the parts, that the rear tyres were being shredded just driving onto the ramps! Glad I only bought part worns now!

20130628_155259_zps8adf75b8.jpg

And here's the spec sheet, car feels awesome now!

20130629_145327_zps292859a8.jpg

Whilst working on it, the car has gotten really filthy. So gonna give him a thorough clean now, and if I have time perhaps a quick once over with the clay bar and DA polisher to bring that paint back to life!

Amjad

Edited by Amjad

Hehe perfect ending to the video :D

*Update*

-Remove Meisters, ZEP Racing Panhard rod, Whiteline FARB & RARB from NA DONE!

-Fit the above to GT DONE! Except RARB (next week)

-Change the ride height DONE!

-Paint and fit the replacement rear calipers DONE!

-Fit new rear discs, pads and bearings DONE!

-Refit Japspeed exhaust DONE!

-Replace CV boots, ball joints and track rod ends DONE!

-Re-velcro the plate at the front DONE!

-Fit rear fog DONE!

-Get the bonnet catch support fixed DONE!

-Fit the new wheels and tyres DONE!

-Sort out the wobbly Civic rad fan DONE!

-Sort the scoop rubber trim DONE!

-Rebleed brakes DONE!

-Fit stereo DONE!

-Fit front/rear speakers DONE!

-Wire and fit sub DONE!

-Replace broken lower driver side dash panel Just need to fit screws

-Well needed wash, clay, polish and wax Half done

-Repaint front calipers

As you can see managed to do quite a bit and sort the niggles that have been bugging me! Also fitted new LEDs, HIDs, Toyota camber bolts and got the alignment set. It was so far out after fitting the parts, that the rear tyres were being shredded just driving onto the ramps! Glad I only bought part worns now!

20130628_155259_zps8adf75b8.jpg

And here's the spec sheet, car feels awesome now!

20130629_145327_zps292859a8.jpg

Whilst working on it, the car has gotten really filthy. So gonna give him a thorough clean now, and if I have time perhaps a quick once over with the clay bar and DA polisher to bring that paint back to life!

Amjad

how much did it cost to get the alignment done mate?

how much did it cost to get the alignment done mate?

Actually only cost me £30 :)

Looking good mate, hard works paying off! :)

Thanks! :)

looks so much better on the O.Z's than those white things

Yeah I went off the white wheels a few months after having them, but I think with 45 profile tyres they would have looked so much better (and if they were a different colour, never liked white)

*Update*

So quite a few pics to add in here! When I was doing the ICE, this speaker..biggest PITA ever! Was quite literally upside down in that footwell trying to replace the stock speaker in situ, but got it done eventually!

IMG-20130626-WA0010_zpsd0021015.jpg

Finally got myself a proper BOV bung to prevent my bodge from melting again on track should I go on this weekend lol

IMG-20130704-WA0001_zps6c4126f7.jpg

Last of the suspension goodies, Whiteline RARB fitted!

8cfb0916-387e-40cf-8346-332a1f09c8e6_zps

And I gave the car a quick one step correction with the DA. Menzerna 203s polish and Hex medium cutting pad used, finished with 2 layers of FK1000p sealant

As you can see, some areas were quite bad!

20130629_174914_zps83c2e6d8.jpg

IMG-20130629-WA0007_zpsbad6df91.jpg

Did all the lights and the sunroof deflector too, the finished product:

20130630_210832_zps920aeebf.jpg

20130630_211046_zps9a8d96f1.jpg

IMG-20130703-WA0007_zpse6f8f9ab.jpg

20130630_211037_zps370c96f1.jpg

20130630_211022_zpse8e2cde3.jpg

20130630_210851_zps2afa48cc.jpg

20130630_210856_zps56286f8f.jpg

IMG_20130704_133517_zpsfcc1ae2c.jpg

IMG_20130704_133629_zpsa5b212cc.jpg

IMG_20130704_133746_zps4dc35d14.jpg

IMG-20130702-WA0001_zps775e30da.jpg

And finally, had to resort to running the pink wheels on the front, thanks to a puncture. <_<

This is how I'll be rolling up to JF2, just glad I bought part worns and not new rainsports! Good job it was on the tyre that has only just legal tread too..

PicsArt_1372878376977_Hagrid_zps70d72ccf

Might rip the grille out for the full track slag look while I'm at it haha. Might try changing the front pads with fresh ones and maybe giving the calipers a lick of paint too, bit rusty atm erkh

Amjad

has really come along nicely, looks awesome :D

Thanks bro!

I have one of those ASH BOV bungs too, they're nicely made :D

And it sorted my boost leak nicely :p

Looks good man i like the pink calipers there going to stand out nicely !

Thanks! Did the fronts also, so I have a few updates to post!

Not keen on the oz's but they dont look too bad on the car

I wasn't massively keen on them in the beginning and bought them for their (lack of) weight, but they have grown on me a lot :)

*Update*

So I clocked up a lot of miles this weekend, going to Leicester, Japfest 2, home, Soton and back home again in 3 days. Car has been awesome :)

All the hard work over the past few weeks has more than paid off. Car got a lot of attention at Japfest which was really flattering, so chuffed at the moment! Just enjoying it now!

Pic of me taken from JF2 website driving form pits to the stand, taxiing Amir aka ali_legend :lol:

Japfest_2_2013_090.jpg

I have plenty of pics to add in, and a few updates but for now I shall leave you guys with my track videos!

The car overall performed really well! Took me a bit of time to get used to the track, the types of cars that were out on my session and the limits of the car on the new setup. Oil temps were my main issue on such a hot day, but I stuck to Grant's advice of running the heaters, and doing only 3-4 laps before a cooldown lap and pulling in to let the car cool off.

The BOV bung meant I was running more boost, and despite testing it in the morning on the motorway I did have an FMIC pipe pop off several times on track due to the extra heat! Major thanks go to Dan507 for use of his tools which eventually got it fixed in time for me to go out a few more times on track before 5pm! Unfortunately the session in which I was quickest (right at the end of the day) wasn't recorded (dodgy ebay battery in the camera) but here's several other videos..I get faster as you watch the later ones :p

http://youtu.be/I5culaUhupg

http://youtu.be/lsyERrTQZTI

http://youtu.be/v008o_cXDRo

http://youtu.be/BBgalNy_lHQ

http://youtu.be/IuBpO3z5UnU

http://youtu.be/73GtSdnUI3I

I also have some driveby videos which I'll upload tomorrow :)

Other thanks go to ali_legend and ShafzC for their help over the weekend and Josh for the awesome new decal I got made for the front screen :D

Amjad

Edited by Amjad

This car is even better in real life than it seemed in Pictures over the past two years! Real credit to you and your hard work and was so fun convoying with you! Thanks for the jokes over the weekend and I need to get some OFFICIAL TRACK SUPPORT VEHICLE stickers made up and a light beacon I'm sure! Here's to the next show!

This car is even better in real life than it seemed in Pictures over the past two years! Real credit to you and your hard work and was so fun convoying with you! Thanks for the jokes over the weekend and I need to get some OFFICIAL TRACK SUPPORT VEHICLE stickers made up and a light beacon I'm sure! Here's to the next show!

Mant thanks bro, means a lot! Glad you enjoyed your first Japfest, here's to many more iA 8)

Looked wiked at japfest bro and awesome on track :)

Thanks bro! Your V was amazing in person, the pearl white on the wheels is really something else! Hope you manage to get your issue sorted out soon!

needs much more boost or different set up looked so slow on track :p

Lol can't really run much more than 1.1 bar through a CT9, get yours on track and show me how to do it properly :p

Had I an oil cooler I'd have been a lot quicker as I wouldn't need to be as careful with temps but alas, had to make do with what I had!

I don't think power was really my limiting factor either, bar the boost leak I had later in the day my biggest problem was the front tyres not being able to handle the power or cornering speeds I know the chassis can. I aim to get my hands on a stickier set of tyres than the A539s, the rear never stepped out so I can safely assume that Rainsport 2s in a 45 profile will be a good start. And then when I pick up a set of show wheels, I can use some AD08 Neovas or perhaps even R888s/Federal RSRs on the OZs :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks good dude :) gutted i missed fest 2 would of been good to see it on track tbh. How was the oil temp in the end??

Thanks Shorty! Shame you didn't make man! Temps were okay, but only because I was taking it easy every few laps! Kept it at about 100-105 at the most before coming in to let it cool for a bit! Oil cooler or filter relocation is defo on the want list though!

*Update*

Finally managed to get my driver Recaro in thanks to Jake! Feels so nice to drive in and you get so much more feel through the corners. Very happy indeed! :D

PicsArt_1375452366772_zpsced7cd69.jpg

I also took my brother to a Supercar experience day at Llandow circuit and took the GT on for a few laps, was pretty fun :)
MMP_8127_zps803c597d.jpg
MMP_8121_zps74b5429e.jpg
MMP_8122_zps4cb837f3.jpg
And a little video of the action:
And finally, my alternator belt gave up and snapped lol. Glad this didn't happen on track! But I managed to get it replaced and it's running sweet again (and no, the car didn't overheat thankfully, but pushing it home half a mile alone wasn't fun :lol:)
That's all folks!
Amjad
Edited by Amjad