• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope 95 was not being used there

I know Glanzas use 99 mate, jesus im not a retard! :D

Yeah picked it up at 11am this morning, first impressions are its immense! Pulls really nicely and is exactly like my old N/a to drive. Is excellent.

Keirz drove it back in the rain and the wind as i wasnt really up for it, but ive been out in it a few times and im very impressed. Havent really got any pics yet as i didnt want to get the camera out in the pouring rain. And the car is filthy from the 80mile drive home.

Already had it on the ramps at work and checked everything out and done the alignment as it was like driving a drift car, steering wheel was sideways while going straight :) Car is soo clean under the bonnet and underneath a credit to Dave who owned it before hes kept it in such good condition.

Hopefully starting work on it tomorrow but we'll see what the weathers like so if any of you locals wanna pop round you know where i am ;)

Got one slight problem to address which is quite gay to be honest :D Car runs at a really cold temperture all the time. Like the needle is constently on the C and when you stop at a set of lights or something the temp needle rises to the correct tempurture anyone know what this could be?

:DB)

Liam

Also Ryan can you remove the reg plate from that pic pretty please? Thanks.

I'd be checking the thermostat first Liam, its different to the problem I had with mine, my temp would stay in the middle of normal and cold, but yea its more than likely a sticky thermostat

Whats the best way of sorting the thermostat out guys? If its sticking, or do i just need to replace it?

House number is 17 mate, should be starting at about half 11ish depends on what the weather is like. Forgot to bring my tools home from work too :D so we might be struggling for decent tools :D

Thanks for doing that Ryan, dont mean to sound like a cock or anything but i hate my plate being posted on here you never know whos watching :D

Plans are to make it look like a track inspired Tokyo Streetracer thing :D if that makes any sense. But still want to keep it in the condition its in now as its a minter. First job will be some sort of coilovers as it sits so high and handles like a boat lol.

Will hopefully get the thermostat order into work tomorrow and get that sorted as i dont want to come on boost when the temp needles all the way down just incase somethings wrong.

No monies unfortanely otherwise i would be on it lol!

Todays progress didnt go to well :D Fitted the amber corners and one of them rattles badly, cant fit the rear reflets lenses as the looms/lights dont match up :D Couldnt get the bonnet on due to there being torrential winds :D rear braces fits but needs the plastics trimming to fit properly. And just ran outta time to do everthing haha.

Still managed to give her her first clean and im so happy with the paintwork.

Started with the Amber Corners

Before:

Photo0599.jpg

After:

Photo0600.jpg

Photo0601.jpg

Looks so much better in my opinion, just need a new passenger side unit though as it rattles loads and isnt very secure. So if any one has one of them that i can have for cheaps it would be very apprciated.

Then i managed to fit the Cooling panel, went straight forward and looks the business!

Photo0603.jpg

Also fitted the Cusco rear brace and the Zep C-Pillar bar, rear brace isnt fitted 100% yet got to trim the plastics down tomorrow hopefully to make it sit flush.

Photo0608.jpg

Photo0609.jpg

Also fitted the front Tein Strut Brace

Photo0604.jpg

Handling feels a tiny bit better already and theres still the RARB and Sustech Underbrace to go on when i get them back from the powercoaters.

Few Pictures of the condition of the car :D Im really happy with the paintwork.

Photo0612.jpg

Photo0611.jpg

Photo0610.jpg

Photo0605.jpg

Photo0602.jpg

Also has the optional arm rest which i could be tempted to sell if anyones interested?

Photo0606.jpg

What you think guys?