PaulStarletSR's TD04 Turbo'd beast. PROBLEM MAYB SOLVED

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably stayin white til i settle on a colour, then up in ma loft i go! lol just need 1 tyre and im sorted! gonna spend a good bit of time on her sat n sunday and see if a can crack this idle issue, also put the GT brakes on and cut the other wing out and spray the wings for fittin. am thinkin i should spray them black...... :spiteful:

They will set it off perfect mate!

cheers bud! seen a silver v runnin them in black last year and thought "fuckin yessss!" so finally found some at a good price i couldnt refuse. bein 6.5j im gona get 25mm hub spacers to fill the arches right out and slam the cunt and shel look beautiful! :yahoo:

looking good bud :) not far to go now! :D

cheers mate, GT brakes goin on 2moz and have YET anutha stab at this fuckin idle issue. I've bought my JAE ticket so the pressures well and truely on.

right then, a nice wee update!

GT brakes fitted and just needin bled. Fujitsubo all bolted up and sittin how it should!

Also found the issue causin idle huntin.....TPS gaskets leakin! so will fix that 2moz after the gym and hopefully thatl be it sorted!

Wings are near enough cut out and ready for spray then its tidy up the interior, seal the loom hole on the bulk head as its lettin water into the passenger footwell then tackle the rev counter issue and replace some bulbs that arnt working.

Then after that, put on the radiators top bracket and put the intercoolers bottom brackets on....then the dreaded bodywork.

7EFF44C5-orig_zpsd4d0ae2d.jpgCA4ED93B-orig_zps26f91368.jpgC82C21AA-orig_zpsdf496a13.jpg2013-08-04182034_zps9db7c52a.jpg

You still out there scrubbing shit off yer starlet mate?

Hanging out to see the wings and front end on :)

that didnt happen today bud, got an engine management problem thats fuckin me up! needin to sort that rapid because its holdin me back, its the only thing stoppin her from bein drivin

big thanx to charlie (bucketep91) who has kindly bailed me out again by givin me the engine management water temp sensor i was needin for the SR! hopefully once fitted the engine will sound even sweeter and remove the EML also then if it doesnt stop the idle issue (which I've read CAN be caused due to this sensor bein missin,fucks up the fuellin) wel have to crack on and quadruple check everythin AGAIN but use the old tried and tested fairy liquid trick on all the pipes!

also this saturday and sunday will see the wings, sideskirts and glanza doors n wing mirrors being sprayed by me and daveep and i guess while im at it, rub down the spoiler and prime it for paint aswell!

now by no means will the paint be anywhere near perfect but it doesnt bother me in the slightest as il be savin for a full respray so itl just be a temp measure :thumbsup:

also im re-coverin the door cards as we speak, 1s nearly done and the other will be done 2moz at some point.

aswell as the things hapnin above.....im utterly over joyed to tell you all who can be bothered to read this that she will be back on ALL FOUR WHEELS this weekend too after OVER A YEAR on axle stands and i cannot wait! :D:D :D

Edited by PaulStarletSR

If that last paragraph doesn't happen I'm going to drive up to Scotland and slap you! :p

Dont worry morgey ill save u a journey;)

Almost there paul mind if u need another inlet ive got a couple here.

lol paira bitches! its hapnin 100% lol but thanx for the encouragement :D

aye cheers charlie, if we cany find the issue if this sensor doesnt fix it, then il try 1 of your inlets bud, cheers!!

You will get it dude dont let some piece of shit leak beat ya. On my old v a small pinprick hole in a vac pipe was all it took to fuck the idle :( be proper anal about checking em as i over looked it twice till i tracked the slut down