PaulStarletSR's TD04 Turbo'd beast. PROBLEM MAYB SOLVED

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see it off the stands now go boosting needs to be abused lots :D

lol need to see if the idle problems gone when a plug in this other ecu first. and dont u worry, il be nailin it round the place to make sure that turbos ok :-p

cheers boys! im busy as we speak! rubbin down the spoiler in prep for primer!

also while in the loft (and as daveep would tell u, aka my garage lol) i dug out a minted scuttle panel off the 43k mile silver SR i broke back in 2009,showered the 4year old dust off it ready to be fitted!mine has been poorly resprayed by the last owner and looks shite!

also rubbed down spare wiper arms ready for some fresh black paint and the skirts, im happy to say have finally seen primer!!!

theyll be 040 super white in under an hour and lacquered 2moz after work then hopefully bonded onto the car sunday or monday!

more pic whorin......

2013-08-23181739_zpsa8e19fbf.jpg2013-08-23181014_zps872ba6fc.jpg2013-08-23181005_zps6e86f02e.jpg

the skirts are now 040 super white! 2nd coat 2moz then lacquer!

the HRF spatz have been trimmed to fit the bumper more flush,they might make an appearance 2moz.....

also the spoilers been sanded down ready for primer also! this car will be transformed in the coming week! keep your eyes peeled mofo's :spiteful:

right then, scuttle panel changed and got a couple of other things done.

1st il say that i tried charlies ecu and that is NOT the problem, i now believe it is the inlet mani's gasket! buyin a new 1 shortly and hopefully a fresh 1 will stop the idle problem!

i thought the standard glanza lenses looked a little bright so i done what i done to the old SR......took the lenses off and sprayed the light housing to darken them down a tad! looks better!

2013-08-25185833_zps716851fc.jpg

then after seeing theres a fuckin crack in it from a shitty mouldin,im gona have to fibre gash it to repair before sprayin.....BUT,regardless, i trial fitted it anyway because im a mental bastard. opinions please......REMEMBER,there r spats goin on aswell so this is NOT the final look :thumbsup:

2013-08-25193020_zpsa4eb010e.jpg2013-08-25193110_zps50468359.jpgmore to come in the next few days mofo's!

Looking good mate! Shame the ecu didnt sort it out. Hopefully the gasket does the trick!

cheers charlie! ano mate but at least it now tells me its 1 of 2 things.....cracked inlet or fucked gasket! hopefullllllllly just the gasket lol

Coming along nicely.. What spoiler is that?

cheers man, its a JAM spoiler, unfortunately not genuine but will look good sprayed up anyway

I fookin love jam spoilers!! Had a genuine one but never put it on my v :( sooo should of! Glad your getting some where with the fualt finding dude.

haha cheers mate! ever since i seen 1 years ago, i HAD to have 1! fuckin love them, so sexual!

REALLY REALLY hope that a new inlet gasket fixes the idle.its pretty much the only thing left to try!

I read your eml post when you ansered robs question you mentioned fitting the alk, i wouldnt bother unless you have time to get it all retracked dude as it will bin the tracking out n with this idle bitch cuasing grief id just leave the alk to very last and at worse fit it after jae.

I read your eml post when you ansered robs question you mentioned fitting the alk, i wouldnt bother unless you have time to get it all retracked dude as it will bin the tracking out n with this idle bitch cuasing grief id just leave the alk to very last and at worse fit it after jae.

well il be gettin the trackin etc done anyway so i know shes bang on!

plus itd bug the fuck out me havin the 1 last thing to b fitted sittin starin at me in the house lol