PaulStarletSR's TD04 Turbo'd beast. PROBLEM MAYB SOLVED

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome work bud, nearly there! :D

cheers mate. the biggest mechanical thing left to do is fit the GT brakes and tighten up the exhaust then make sum bottom brackets for the FMIC. then its bodywork (wee spots of rust due to the last owners utter fuckin stupid retarded ideas on how to "mod" a car. i actually hate whoever he is) and get fresh tyres.

only daft wee things then.

thanx bud!

i need 2 wee vac pipes for the power steerin to sort the idle hunt issue then i can steam into the rest.

u got any spare bud?

Looking good mate, i might have some if they are attached to the old steering rack. Will have a look for u tomorrow

right then, once again thanx to bucketep91, he done me a crackin deal on these 2 and threw in the vac lines i needed to hopefully cure the idle hunt issue. the vac lines are on and the SR's batterys chargin as we speak for the moment of truth 2moz!

Hopefully it cures the issue!

New bits.....FCD04DB1-orig_zpsf0dca916.jpg

il update 2moz if the engine runs smooth 8)

ok so I've put on the powersteerin vacs and checked every other 1 and all is well but then i start her up,took a while for her to start again but when she did, STILL got the idle problem

please help because im gettin proper pissed off at what should be an easy fix

4got all about that 1, il go try that now

Leak would cause a high idle.. but it wouldnt cause the revs to go up and down like that... IMO...

If it is a leak tho there is a dead easy way to find it...

Take the boost pipe off and put your hand over the throttle body... It will suck. If it cuts out. Its not a leak....

If it doesn't cut out the revs will get lower, you should hear a sucking noise from where the leak is...

It would hunt if its a vac line 100%. I had the problem before. Turned out it was one coming off the bottom of the throttle body. Check all those and the map sensor vac also. Aswell as cleaning out the ICV etc.