PaulStarletSR's TD04 Turbo'd beast. PROBLEM MAYB SOLVED

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the question is is it going to make JAE :)

right now......doubtful. but wel see what happens in the next couple of days! very close to bein ready so hopefully! put it this way, if it gets finishd at midnight hours before JAE kicks off,im hittin the motorway with a litre of energy juice lol

couple of more pix of my current activities!

sideskirts are ready for fittin back on the car! pictured here next to my black suede covered door cards that are currently work in progress!

F2984CFF-orig_zps884610f1.jpg

next up we have the indicator housings sprayed all jet black and lookin tidy and waitin to be fitted!!

93EB4779-orig_zpsba23feb8.jpg

more to come later 2nyt..... :spiteful:

i know it might sound stupid mate, but i fitted a 4efte inlet to my n/a the other day, and the idle screw was screwed right the way out and when i started it, it revved right up like yours. have you checked that and the tps?

wish i never sold my genuine jam spoiler for cheaper than an id-workz one :(

i know it might sound stupid mate, but i fitted a 4efte inlet to my n/a the other day, and the idle screw was screwed right the way out and when i started it, it revved right up like yours. have you checked that and the tps?

wish i never sold my genuine jam spoiler for cheaper than an id-workz one :(

tps and idle screw both checked and ok mate.

air leak and it looks to be the inlet mani gasket, charlie (bucketep) even looked today n reckons its that. wel find out 2moz.....

ahh fair enough mate lol. just clutching at straws here for you aha.

how long til your gasket gets there?

ma house is like a fuckin straw bale I've been clutchin at that many straws!lol

got the gasket sittin beside me mate,been here for a couple of days, weathers been shite so havnt had the chance to fit.

2moz it will be fitted so am not buildin my hopes up for this bein the solution as knowin my luck, itl be somethin else lol

Aww man I sort of know how how you feel, 2 out of 3 years I've been I haven't been able to take my own car :( want to track slag this one style wise but dunno if I'm gunna be able to keep it never mind spend on it :(

dont worry, this is gettin the slag look if thats any comfort to u at all lol

ran out of primer on the 2nd wing plus another crack has appeared in the bastard gel coat so thatl be sanded and filled then sprayed when i buy more primer 2moz but that aside you WILL see a pic of them in 040 white 2moz nyt and the spoiler in primer at least.

518BBC21-orig_zps21fe107a.jpg

SAD NEWS. she will not be makin JAE as the airleak is still very much present after changin the inlet gasket.

words cant describe my disappointment.

but il crack on regardless n keep at it to see what it is and get the bodywork done.

at this stage im very VERY frustrated but unlike some who have gave up, i will get this done even if it kills me.

NO TB GASKET AND NEXT TO NO SEALANT WHATSO EVER!! PREVIOUS INLET/TB OWNERS A CUNT!

POTENTIALLY, THIS IS THE END OF MY PROBLEM!!!

AC3179EA-orig_zps8598d13f.jpg

Your such a dick! That should be one of the first things to check! Hurry up and get this sorted. It's just a simple engine swap :p

Your such a dick! That should be one of the first things to check! Hurry up and get this sorted. It's just a simple engine swap :p

i love your honesty lol

the 1st gasket i made was too thin but when i used it and again covered the TB with my hand, it finally started to struggle for air, so im hopin the MUCH thicker 1 I've made combined with sealant, will do the trick!!

im eatin breakfast just now and goin out to try startin her again. i decided to leave the sealant to dry over nyt for good measure.

so update shortly.....