oh really? what is it doing up there? i had a little sneaky peak when i dropped my car off mate and everything was looking prime :) all shiney and new ;)

Haha gdgd thats the way i like it! Basically i taken a new centre section up there abd my blitz backbox didnt fit as it was welded to the previous one i taken off, they wanted me to pay £290 for a jap performance one it would have gone straight on but i wernt paying that when ive got a blitz one, its put a week on the build tho and now i wont have it for JF2 :-(

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cars not gonna be ready for japfest :-( fairplay to the lads at TD they just rang me they have been working late to get it done for me. My oil cooler was leaking at one of the fitments and they havent got replacement parts to fix it, running in is completed too. I cant run without the oil cooler as my oil pressure got quite low without it whilst on boost :/ parts have been ordered so should be able to pick it up Wednesday. Apparently it made 200bhp & 0.6 bar and sounded awesome! Im so exited but on the other hand gutted i cant show it off on sunday :-(

i will ya batty boy :)

your brigning it down for me to have a go in remember?

This!

Really unfortunate James, can't believe it was so close too. It'll be worth the wait man I'm sure you'll be grinning the 200 odd miles home lol :D

Was it sparkys old oil cooler? If so they are -10 fittings. there is a place in monmouth you can get them from on your way up if thats any help :(

Dont quite understand why it would loose pressure without.the cooler present as loads of people run without them without issue.if anything i would have though the cooler would lower pressure as it increases the oil capacity

i will ya batty boy :)

your brigning it down for me to have a go in remember?

Lol il pop down mate, not sure u can handle the power tho ;-)

I was talking to someone earlier and there's a big bristol meet at cribbs with max.power or fast car there.apparently :) 26th august I think he said :) come along to that I'm sure a few of us will be there

:)

Will do fella cheers for that :-)

This!

Really unfortunate James, can't believe it was so close too. It'll be worth the wait man I'm sure you'll be grinning the 200 odd miles home lol :D

I should be on my way there now :-( really am gutted fairplay lol i suppose its only next week though :-)

Was it sparkys old oil cooler? If so they are -10 fittings. there is a place in monmouth you can get them from on your way up if thats any help :(

Dont quite understand why it would loose pressure without.the cooler present as loads of people run without them without issue.if anything i would have though the cooler would lower pressure as it increases the oil capacity

Yeah it is sparkys old one mate, i did ask if he could just take the cooler off myself and said that other people dont run them but he said with it being a 5E and running quite alot of power i will need it, he could see the oil pressure dropping when it was on boost then as soon as he fitted the cooler it was perfect ..

Im unsure what oil tbh mate as they are doing all the work up there, does seem strange how very little people run oil coolers though and my oil pressure was dropping without it.

Yeah i suppose your gearbox did go at Japfest lol ohwell, atleast it'l look good next time everyone sees it, im away for JAE so itl be Japfest next year haha, got some nice parts to go on though and a few nice changes to bodywork :-)

Were you really told that you needed one with the big power 5e mate?

Gutted for you aswell dude, soooooo close :( but then again like you said, it should never have really taken the amount of time it did! She will be a little menace if she is making 200bhp at 0.6 bar, the turbo is still asleep at that kinda pressure ;)

Were you really told that you needed one with the big power 5e mate?

Gutted for you aswell dude, soooooo close :( but then again like you said, it should never have really taken the amount of time it did! She will be a little menace if she is making 200bhp at 0.6 bar, the turbo is still asleep at that kinda pressure ;)

Yeah honestly mate, if thats the case id advise you to get an oil cooler and an oil temp/pressure gauge mate. Yeah hopefully should make some decent power! Just gutted i wont have it for tomorrow lol

New green wheel nuts arrived, wheels look sooo sweet! New black Rays stickers have arrived too as im replacing the blue ones - some have seen better days.

389152_10151904779965643_677173089_n.jpg

John kindly took a picture of her being run in on the dyno :-)

548559_10151010887157649_310504126_n.jpg

Due back on Thurday now so exited! Booked her into the bodyshop too today for the Varis rear bumper to be fitted, respray front bumper, skirts and spoiler white and a full mop :-)

dude this things gunna look so good by the time u get it back and with the engine to go with it aswell itll be amazing fp :)

i cant wait mate, been waiting so long to get it to this stage lol

Was good to meet you too dude! Cant believe you live like 3 minutes away lol and im not sure pal, been told japfest, then told itl be done japfest 2, then told this week, nothing i can say or do just have to wait :/ i no as soon as i get in her itl be worth every day spent up there though haha

Just been mapped made 325bhp @ 1.4 bar and 280lb torque :-) cant pick it up until Wednesday latest as the injectors are slightly too big causing it to not start properly when hot so some tweaks need to be done :-)