CJ Performance - Where We Stand...

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just off the phone with someone from paypal who said for everyone that paid through paypal to raise a claim/dispute (use the resolution centre on paypal) if enough claims are made against a certain trader paypals fraud team will get involved.

I've ordered a new rail from another trader so i want a refund tbh. id also like a reply to my message!!

What was up with your rail mate I bought one to but haven't attempted to fit it yet is it going to fit

What was up with your rail mate I bought one to but haven't attempted to fit it yet is it going to fit

Apparently they don't fit and a few of them were full of swarf as they had been remachines after they had been produced

A chargeback on a credit card can be initated for a payment sent by PayPal, as long as it wasn't sent as a gift.

This isn't true, I phoned my bank to do this and because paying by PayPal is a direct debit there is nothing they can do. So for those of you that paid by PayPal and are no longer covered by their 40 day dispute period, your only options are to sit and wait for a refund, or take CJPERFORMANCE to court, which would cost James & Tara A LOT more as they don't have a leg to stand on.

This isn't true, I phoned my bank to do this and because paying by PayPal is a direct debit there is nothing they can do. So for those of you that paid by PayPal and are no longer covered by their 40 day dispute period, your only options are to sit and wait for a refund, or take CJPERFORMANCE to court, which would cost James & Tara A LOT more as they don't have a leg to stand on.

You can also pay with your card on paypal, if its done that way then you could use the chargeback method.

I work in complaince for the largest Credit Card in the U.K., I know what I'm talking about. Only if you paid by Credit Card not a debit card, you can initiate a chargeback under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (as amended). If your Credit Card company disagree with that remind them of their duties under the Finance and Leasing Association.

Your can claim under section 75 for non-receipt of goods and fault or damaged goods.

Edited by chrisgreen1993

I have just e-mailed Tara again but to be honest i am not expecting any miracles. If i dont here back by tomorrow lunchtime i have been advised by Paypal t get in touch with themselves and get there Fraud team involved.

If anybody else has paid through Paypal and are still waiting for goods Paypal have told me to get you to raise a claim on their site, there is a step by step guide to do this on there website.

Hope we get something solved as i don't like being scammed for £462

PM me if anybody needs more info etc

I work in complaince for the largest Credit Card in the U.K., I know what I'm talking about. Only if you paid by Credit Card not a debit card, you can initiate a chargeback under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (as amended). If your Credit Card company disagree with that remind them of their duties under the Finance and Leasing Association. Your can claim under section 75 for non-receipt of goods and fault or damaged goods.

how does visa charge back work then for debit payments? I dont mean direct debits

Just read this article on chargeback. It appears it does apply to debit cards but the bank doesn't have a legal responsibility to sort it

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/visa-mastercard-chargeback

You will find there is a clause in the T's & C's of your agreement for your bank account. Your best option is to contact Visa Directly 020 7795 5777

Need my refund for the anti lift kit!! I'd suggest people with the coilovers contact dgr as they do exists and see if an order was even placed?

Dean

I don't even want the coilies anymore previous issues with lowering on the rear havnt been sorted for the people that actually recieved them and no one is replying to anything start getting your dough back people I already have a claim on the go

She do exist, and they did sort the original rear lowering problem before posting them out as far as I know. They are still currently in transit via boat because you all went with the cheaper option. They are due to arrive in the uk over the next week and a half I believe and James and Tara are going to collect them when they are here. They will then be posted to you.

Ryan

She do exist, and they did sort the original rear lowering problem before posting them out as far as I know. They are still currently in transit via boat because you all went with the cheaper option. They are due to arrive in the uk over the next week and a half I believe and James and Tara are going to collect them when they are here. They will then be posted to you.

Ryan

Spoke to one of the members who got a set delivered the quicker way and still waiting on the correct parts to lower the rears without proof this had been sorted not intrested in them anymore.

When I ordered them it stated on the website in stock 31st of march had no replies to hardly any of my emails not a dig at you Ryan but not best pleased have you spoken to either of them ?

just a heads up for everyone whos been ripped off,

first of all I opened a paypal dispute yesterday which was closed straight away as it had lapsed the protection time paypal offer, so I decided to ring them and I was told there hands were tied because it has gone past that period of protection time,

but they said to get in touch with my bank or credit card company and they can start an investigation into the transaction basically your bank/credit card will claim the money from paypal and paypal then have the power to take the money from whoever has ripped you off namely "CJ Performance"

I was told by my credit card company that this method will take time but I will get my money back but the solace in all this is that once you've got your refund CJ Performance will have to answer and pay everything back to paypal

^^^ I STRONGLY ADVISE ANYONE WHO HAS GONE PAST THE PAYPAL PROTECTION TIME TO DO THIS METHOD ^^^

hope this is some use to people who have been left in the dark like me