CJ Performance - Where We Stand...

this is crazy so he has like almost 10K would you say of peoples money?

this cant be right.. can the police not get involved here for theft or what or is it just gonna get slipped under the carpert?

legal advice? surley he can not just walk away with every ones dosh..

thought that is what would happen since he wanted his account taken off and she has just fucked off!

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been pretty calm about this issue but now have decided to open a dispute on this as i dont think anyone will get the parts they have ordered from them or will get the refunds if they have paid via gift on paypal or the dispute time has closed. I was looking forward to this new clutch but in the end I think we have all been fucked over and they guys who bought the coilovers will be out of pocket big time.

I have been silently suffering since this thread started I've sent james and tara countless e-mails and PMs with only 1 reply

i was on the group buy for Pistons and Rods that started back in October! was anyone else on this group buy because nobody has mentioned it ?

I've spent £565 and sent it as a gift because he was a trusted trader and i had bought forum him in the past with no problems. in the begging i received regular updates as to were my good were and how long until i receive them then when this fuel rail shit start it all went quite for me. and since then ive sent at least 20 e-mails with 1 reply

" were im at is simple i dont have thw funds to get them released from customs due to people putting in paypal disputes which has put my pp account in a negative balance. funds were left in there to cover import duty vat and postage for rods pistons clutches and coilovers. within the next 3 weeks if i can find the funds for all of thw above i will be over 5k in thw red with paypal and being charged daily for storage so at this moment in time o have no idea how this will all pan out. "

i will get my parts or my money back!

I have been silently suffering since this thread started I've sent james and tara countless e-mails and PMs with only 1 reply

i was on the group buy for Pistons and Rods that started back in October! was anyone else on this group buy because nobody has mentioned it ?

I've spent £565 and sent it as a gift because he was a trusted trader and i had bought forum him in the past with no problems. in the begging i received regular updates as to were my good were and how long until i receive them then when this fuel rail shit start it all went quite for me. and since then ive sent at least 20 e-mails with 1 reply

" were im at is simple i dont have thw funds to get them released from customs due to people putting in paypal disputes which has put my pp account in a negative balance. funds were left in there to cover import duty vat and postage for rods pistons clutches and coilovers. within the next 3 weeks if i can find the funds for all of thw above i will be over 5k in thw red with paypal and being charged daily for storage so at this moment in time o have no idea how this will all pan out. "

i will get my parts or my money back!

So as you've sent by gift will you get your money back?

As I paid for a anti lift kit by gift and I can't even open up a dispute as it was a gift

Have I got no come back now?

Last I hear from Tara was bout 3 weeks ago now

This 'don't have the funds right now to get them released from customs' sounds like a convenient excuse now for everything. A few posts ago someone said that as they were going to have one of the sets of coilovers left over from those putting in Paypal claims, meaning James would have the customs money to release them! There is no consistency with any of the information that is coming out from him.

I don't know exactly how long customs will keep something before they auction it off, but I don't think they will keep a ton of containers for CJP at the docks for long.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt; if all this is true, then it could have been avoided if he'd simply let people know what was going on. That way Paypal claims would not have gone in.

benifit my arse i told you all a good few posts back this would happen and that this was his next delaying excuse! hes mugged people off a shit load of cash simple! if it was all so innocent he wud be on here appolagising and doing what he can and the comunication would of been better the start!!

benifit my arse i told you all a good few posts back this would happen and that I've been meaning to seek legal advice and speak to tradingg stantards too but as of yet havnt had time :( im working 12/13hr days and trying to get all my end of year company paper work together. however im not sure if anyone else has attempted to seek advice on the situation? im only in it for 98quid but tbh for me its more principal of what he has done to members of the site than the money as some are in for £££'s

Lads from my point of view ye would ave a legal case.its fraud payin for goods and not reciving them. If I was ye I'd def get legal advice or get the police involved.if he's done it once he wil do it again.and this rubbish of not replyin is bull.him and tara are just avoiding repaying ere hard earned cash. Der getting away with 10k for somthing possibly even ordered.I did buy stuff off cj performance my self but via ryan who kept me well informed wen I'd ave em.but ryan kept his part well run.

Who is going to spend the money chasing this legally? People in it the most are about £500 for coilovers it would cost more than that to pursue him legally.

Plus in the event of it going to court and a charge being brought the most likely outcome is that he would be given a CCJ or somthing along those lines against the company which he would then liquidate the company!

Facts are unless you have money to burn I wouldn't waste your breath with any legal bull shit the laws in this country are a joke at the best of times. ( The same country where people receive 15 years for fraud and 17 years for murdering your own 6 children ).

If you want to get any of your money its a case of doing it off your own back I'm afraid!

Edited by StuDoc 72

Who is going to spend the money chasing this legally? People in it the most are about £500 for coilovers it would cost more than that to pursue him legally.

Plus in the event of it going to court and a charge being brought the most likely outcome is that he would be given a CCJ or somthing along those lines against the company which he would then liquidate the company!

Facts are unless you have money to burn I wouldn't waste your breath with any legal bull shit the laws in this country are a joke at the best of times. ( The same country where people receive 15 years for fraud and 17 years for murdering your own 6 children ).

If you want to get any of your money its a case of doing it off your own back I'm afraid!

small claims court can be done online for less than £50...

Im just not sure if you can claim against a business/sole trader

By all means batter in mate I can garuntee that going through courts will get no one any money back and you will only be more out of pocket.

Its basically an only scam he has commited and we are the fools who entrusted our money in someone else.

Paypal will have to pick up the pieces for some but the rest of us its tuff shit.

small claims court can be done online for less than £50...

Im just not sure if you can claim against a business/sole trader

small claims can be made against a business or sole trader or an individual

There is no point calling trading standards as they will just tell you to write to the business expressing your concerns.

After you have sent 3 letters via recorded delivery they will advise you to threaten legal action which is small claims court as all money disputes upto £5k go through the small claims court and if they still dont pay after you win the judgement in court you can apply to the court to enforce the judgement which will appoint couty court bailiffs to collect the debt or remove goods or vehicles from the debtors business or home depending on if the claim is made directly against the trader or his business.

Hope this clears things up if anyone is looking to go down the legal route.

Edited by H_D

Why don't you all look to seek advice together if you can all throw £100 into a pot that would get you a pretty decent lawyer to represent you all, and if you win he would have to pay the costs?
I think it's sad it has gotten to this stage and upsetting so many people are out of pocket, I know for most it would be nice just to have a reply to their emails.

a guy my friend knows was selling parts on the clio sport forum. he was taking poeples money and not sending the parts out. he was arrested last weekend for this.

If you guys are owed parts or money i wouldn't think twice about going to your local police station with some info printed off showing your payment to CJP.

He is a sole trader which means he wasnt trading correctly in the first plavce he should of been a ltd company and he isnt. He cant liquidate being a sole trader as theres no company to liquidate. He would have to foot the bill or have balifs round IF you win.

So as you've sent by gift will you get your money back?

As I paid for a anti lift kit by gift and I can't even open up a dispute as it was a gift

Have I got no come back now?

Last I hear from Tara was bout 3 weeks ago now

No, chances are you'll get nothing, sending as gift means you dont have the same security, its why its always recommended to just pay normally and pay the fees, it'll at least be some help should something like this happen

Above is true, if its within the 45 days.

Attempted to claim back the ALK payment, only because CJP have lots of claims against them and thought i might get somewhere, but nah, claim shutdown pretty much instantly.

EVERYONE WHO HAS A CHANCE TO CLAIM FFS JUST DO IT, OTHERWISE YOU'LL GET SWEET FUCK ALL !!

Been well bumped, what a slimy fuck he is !!

I haven't been following this properly,just bits and pieces really as I haven't been on the forum long enough to know much about it,but did he intentionally take people's money and not send items,or did he go bust and couldn't send them in the end?

I would have been looking my money back a few weeks after I was supposed to receive the item and didnt get it...pretty shit it seems to be that alot of people are out more than a few pound :/

I am sooooo glad I pushed him te give me my money back just the week before this shit happened.

I payed for parts of his breaker as a gift.

First there was too much snow, then they got lost in the post :/ (the same as my hose kit which took 3 months to get here)

He promised to refund me which took him 3 days more to do.

Let's hope you guys get your refund ...

No, chances are you'll get nothing, sending as gift means you dont have the same security, its why its always recommended to just pay normally and pay the fees, it'll at least be some help should something like this happen

Thanks for reply mate

This is sad to here cause over time I've bought a few things off James and seemed to always be fine

Now it's all gone Pete tong

So nothing I can do but just hope that they refund me

Well I've come home to good news! I've got a Paypal confirmation that my coilover claim is resolved; obviously settled in my favour, but then I suspect that any claim against Tara's Paypal is automatically going to be settled up as long as it's in 45 days (and not a gift).

Glad I'm sorted, but still sorry for those left without. A sorry tale all round. Lesson learned though, never again...... I'm going to play safe and go to my local motor factors tomorrow and order in a complete set of KYB suspension parts.

Edited by dazstarlet