CJ Performance - Where We Stand...

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah from now on I will be paying by paypal with all traders and if the item is not with me by the 44th day then no matter the excuse I will be putting a claim in and I would advise everyone else to do the same.

Well I've come home to good news! I've got a Paypal confirmation that my coilover claim is resolved; obviously settled in my favour, but then I suspect that any claim against Tara's Paypal is automatically going to be settled up as long as it's in 45 days (and not a gift).

Glad I'm sorted, but still sorry for those left without. A sorry tale all round. Lesson learned though, never again...... I'm going to play safe and go to my local motor factors tomorrow and order in a complete set of KYB suspension parts.

Had just checked my emails and have received the good news aswell, THANK FUCK:) massive relief! full refund which i was shocked by

Yeah from now on I will be paying by paypal with all traders and if the item is not with me by the 44th day then no matter the excuse I will be putting a claim in and I would advise everyone else to do the same.

This. Can't trust anyone nowadays and it's quite sad. :-/

Its worth putting the claim in to cover yourself anyway, the trader should understand (hopefully) and like its been said before you can alway close a paypal dispute if the item should turn up.

Also it would be good to see a rule of group buys where only a small (say 10%) deposit is taken to get the funding to get the project started and to garrentee the people aren't going to back out. Then once a few items have arrived and been tested the final amount should be paid.

Not sure how that sounds as im half asleep and writing with 1 eye closed haha

Definately agree since this happened the rules on members selling and breaking have been tightened but nothing to do with traders?? I find that a bit strange there should be a timeframe that traders have to deliver a GB in and non of this bullshit taking peoples money when all they have is a shitey CPU image.

Trader rules must be tightened aswell. Since these are the people who can clearly rip off the masses. Fair enough a member could and can rip off a few people but as we have seen its the traders who are in the positions to rip of 10s of people to scary amounts of money.

Definately agree since this happened the rules on members selling and breaking have been tightened but nothing to do with traders?? I find that a bit strange there should be a timeframe that traders have to deliver a GB in and non of this bullshit taking peoples money when all they have is a shitey CPU image.

Trader rules must be tightened aswell. Since these are the people who can clearly rip off the masses. Fair enough a member could and can rip off a few people but as we have seen its the traders who are in the positions to rip of 10s of people to scary amounts of money.

Traders rules HAVE been tightened. John has spent a great deal of time tightening up the rules for traders since this whole thing started. in particular in relation to group buys where the items are not held in stock by the trader.

you wouldn't see them as they are sent to traders. not members.

just because the staff are powerless to help anyone get their money back, do not assume we haven't tried to find ways to try and tighten things down and make buying safer for members. most of the staff have seen this kind of shit before, and indeed many of us have been ripped off before, and each time have tried to improve upon the existing rules / set-up.

Phil.

I dont doubt for a second that things have been put in place to tighten up these rules or that they will be put in place that much I'm not debating.

I just feel these rules and guidelines should be made available and announced to members also since we are the paying customer. We deserve to see what is protecting us not just told that things are being done. Clarity surely should be a priority after a case like this?

I'm not trying to say we are the 1st people to be ripped off by a trader. It would just be nice to know what we are working with. ATM we have no idea how long traders have/are given to deliver products that they propose.

Not trying to rock the boat but its only fair that everybody knows the rules that we are supposed to play by.

Edited by StuDoc 72

I'm down the best part of £500 out of this and I can safely say I will never be involved in a group buy again.....just reading the words "group buy" makes me feel sick! Bad bad times

if you wish to see the rules that traders are instructed to adhere to, thats not problem and is perfectly understandable, especially given recent events.

i will speak with John to confirm that the updated rules are finalised and we will post them here for folk to see. we can even show the before and afters if you so wish?

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger

Is it not fair to say that people other than the mod team or traders have not been made aware of any of the adjustment to the rules on traders? Therefore it would appear to us that nothing has been adjusted as of yet.

We would not know of any changes to their guidelines unless a thread is raised as there was in the case of the members for sale section and the breakers yard section.

Not disagreeing with you that there has been just making it clear that we are completely unaware of the rules in place just now or the ones due to be put in place for them. I think for that much its only fair that us as members should be made well aware of the rules that the traders must play by if we are to protect ourselves from something like this happening again in future.

I'm not saying that there is traders on the site that cannot be trusted but then again I would have trusted all traders equally 3 months ago and look how that panned out.

Not on here to start an arguement over this, I just feel that clarity on the rules is the only way forward for buyer protection and peace of mind. There was no time limit on GB's previously so therefore as far as the ALK GB goes no one doubted that they would deliver so therefore no one put in a dispute.

already posted in the admin lounge to confirm that the updated rules have been finalised.

once i get confirmation from John etc i will post them here.

as i clearly stated above, given recent events it is perfectly understandable that people want to see what the craic is re. traders rules.

Phil.

Thanks Phil as I said I was in no way looking to start an arguement or citicise. I just think after recent events it's best that members should be made aware of the rules that traders must abide by to protect our own money.

ok, the finalised update of the rules has been drafted. as they have been updated, we will need to run them by the traders to make them aware.

once they have had a chance to review and comment and we have agreed them, me or john or one of the staff will post them up for all members to see.

Phil.

Hope to get my cash back to! On for the hunt for a new coilovers set. Gonna be bc racing :/ i guess.

I dont get it as it was probally already known as they gonna quit, they still let me pay for the parts :(

All

As promised, please see below a set of revised Traders Rules.

Welcome to the UK Starlet Owners.

If your lucky enough to be approved to be approved and become a Registered Trader then we do ask you obey and respect the rules. Not only to protect our members, but yourselves too.

1, Registered Traders will respond to all PM's from our members within 48hours regarding items where payments have been taken. If your not going to be able to access an internet connection for longer then 48hours, then please post up warnings in advance.
Remember members can see when you have read there PM Messages!

2, Registered Traders will not post contact details in the technical sections guiding members towards themselves.
By all means explain in a thread you offer said items, but leave it to the member to contact you.

3, Registered Traders will not bad mouth a fellow traders workmanship, products or plans.

4, Registered Traders will not start any arguments or disagreements between themselves and a fellow trader/member in Public View.
PM or Private Sections are here if you have any issues with a fellow Trader.

5, Registered Traders will not PM Members with details of products and there pricing to purposely undercut a fellow trader.
By all means let people know you offer said products in a thread, but leave it up to them to get in touch.

6, Registered Traders have the right to open Group Buys without former permission from a member of staff. However you will provide and keep to projected dates/timescales and keep the members informed. A request of up to 50% can be asked to secure and final payment once you are ready to send out the stock
We dont want to see Group Buys going on for ages and members having to chase up there items.

7, Registered Traders will be required to show a complete price per item including VAT (If VAT Registered). You are also to clearly state if delivery is included. You must post a price that the end buyer will pay, with no hidden charges.

ANY breach of these rules could result in a formal warnings.

We reserve the right to change these rules and/or add new ones as we see fit.

You will be informed of these rule changes as and when.

UKSO Admin Team

CJP was removed from the trader section, but some topics have been moved to "starlet parts for sale" section, should it be like this or did something go wrong?

The section has been removed... but the topics have been moved for parts for sale just incase they need to be referenced too...